PDA

View Full Version : Starting Playschool

ELLA22
10th April 2007, 01:43 PM
Hi all
Cerys starts playschool next week (god help them!) and I've filled all of the forms in and have informed them about the various medical conditions she has. I've told them that i need to know straight away if she has a big fall or anything and that she shouldn't be doing gym type stuff. I'd just like to know if anybody can think of any more restrictions that should be put in place? I think that I've already scared them to death with the long list of medical stuff but I'd rather them know before she starts. Just need to get my head around her going now!!
Thanks all
Ella x

P.S The consultant finally looked at her x-rays and we have to go back in August as her curve was stable from Nov -March. She had started to curve forwards though and think she has moved further forwards since beginning of March so we'll see in August what they say.

newgirl
10th April 2007, 01:58 PM
Ella,
You are a completely normal mother 8)
I can't think of anything you may not have covered.
Cerys is not in a cast is she?
Best of luck with it all, she will probably have a great time
N

andrea
10th April 2007, 02:31 PM
Hi Ella

I think everyone feels nervous when their little ones are beginning to be more independent and start school and stuff. Most of my issues were regarding the cast, and choking/sand/water etc. If Cerys is still having trouble swallowing, you may want to restrict the type of food that she is offered at snack time (if they have one - i think most do) to alleviate the problem. I imagine you've covered all the bases though as you know her better than anyone else.

Hope she enjoys herself (and you too)

Andrea
x

Amazed Jean
10th April 2007, 07:35 PM
You think you are nervous about preschool. No matter how healthy or unhealthy they are. Elementary school, Middle school, various camps, and high school are just ahead. Just wait it gets worse and worse and then horror of horrors you leave them off at college and bawl your eyes out all the way home because you left her standing on the curb with a big sad look on her face and those puppy dog eyes. What a horrible day. Then you try to call her for four days and can't get in touch. (She's out partying and you could kill her when you find out ten years later) And then she brings you your first grandbaby and you melt again. Toughen up Mom. She'll fare better than you! It's the hardest job in the world bing a parent. It is never easy but it's also the only one you get paid back by a two year old grandson slobbering a kiss on your mouth.

Sealy
10th April 2007, 08:41 PM
Awww....Jean, that is so sweet! I wonder what kind of headaches my kids will give me when they become teenagers! :hunny:

Ella,

The best thing to do is let her be a kid and the rest will follow. I'm sure she will know her limitations. :squeeze:

ELLA22
12th April 2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks everybody,
Just want to make sure all the bases are covered. I'm secretly looking forwards to a couple of hours to myself! I was just as bad letting the older 2 go and they had no medical problems!
I know shes looking forward to it as shes asked to go nearly everyday since her visit. :-)
My only worry is that the head tilt is comprimising her hearing aid microphone and she only has hearing on that side but we're looking to sort that out in May.

Jean - I have a sneaky university plan for my eldest Brooke. My inlaws live a mile away from the uni that I went to. I've already told them to clear the spare room out in 10 years. No rent to pay and I know she'll be fed and watered. Just got to convince her now!
love Ella x

Amazed Jean
12th April 2007, 06:37 PM
Ella, Lot's of luck on her living with relatives! During the college years I am so glad that I didn't know what was happening with my daughter on a daily basis. That way I could think she went to every class, studied for every exam, dressed in sweet sweaters and nicely pressed slacks, was thoughtful and caring, and worked part time to make spending money, and kept those dreaded college men at arm's length. Remember I also beleive in The Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, Santa and leprechauns. Fantasy is so much fun!