PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Update March 2007

Sealy
19th March 2007, 05:00 PM
We finally got home at around midnight last night and I'm a total zombie. Ste. Justine has a new x-ray machine that does a lateral and P/A at the same time and apparently the radiation dose is 20% of the previous digital x-rays they were doing. It's really weird, the patient stands in a tube and these lights start flashing and the whole process takes a few minutes to complete. Here is Deirdre's x-ray, notice the little kink at the top of her spine, Dr. Rivard assured me that it's strictly postural because she didn't have a curve there before and it will disappear with time. Have I mentioned that I LOVE dr Rivard and dr Coillard *wipes a tear* :D

Montreal is a great city and the kids had a wonderful time! Our followup is not for another six months!!! Oh and before I forget....can someone PLEASE tell me what that black hideous spot near her spine is????? I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I find out.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e251/sea...irdre200703.jpg (http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e251/sealy25/deirdre200703.jpg)

gerbo
19th March 2007, 05:13 PM
fluid and gas in her stomach. No need to have nervous breakdown. Continue your celebrations! :cheers:

GillyG
19th March 2007, 05:22 PM
Wow! What a fantastically clear x-ray!

Pleased to hear the trip was such a success :D

tonibunny
19th March 2007, 05:59 PM
That's a wonderful x-ray Sealy! Congrats to you both :D

Amazed Jean
19th March 2007, 06:10 PM
Amazing absolutely amazing! It's a great xray. You must also be so relieved to have a really compassionate doctor! Congratulations and big hugs for both of you!!

Sealy
20th March 2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks guys!!!! It means ~so~ much to get your applauds! :squeeze:

Gerbo,

Is that what fluid and gas look like? :hammer:

sins
20th March 2007, 12:31 PM
Hi Sealy,
That is indeed fabulous news.I'm really thrilled for you and for Deirdre.
Sins

mark
20th March 2007, 10:23 PM
Great news Sealy

I'm so pleased for you and your family

The way you care for Deirdre is truly inspirational

newgirl
20th March 2007, 10:51 PM
That is brilliant Sealy, it is great to hear about Deirdre's progress.
Nicola

Sealy
21st March 2007, 04:09 AM
Thanks Sins! I love the doggy - our first dog looked just like that :cry:

Marc, You are soooo sweet :squeeze:

Nicola, Thanks so much!

It's so great to hear from you all!!

DublinPauline
21st March 2007, 09:58 AM
I'm delighted to hear that Deirdre's doing so well.

Joy
21st March 2007, 10:31 AM
Congratultions!! Nice to see she's doing so well, its so amazing!! I'm glad you like Dr. Rivard... I think Dr Mahood mentioned him once so I'm sure he's very good!

Sealy
22nd March 2007, 03:34 AM
Pauline and Joy,

Thanks so much! I have a feeling things are going to be OKAY!!!! It's been many years coming but I do see a light at the end of this tunnel.