PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been around

newgirl
29th January 2007, 02:26 PM
Hi all,
I have not been around much lately at all so I wanted to take this opportunity to say :welcome2: to all the new members with little ones, I will try to catch up with you all later.

We are still in a bit of transition. I think when I last posted I said that Niamh's brace had been reviewed and that the Orthoptist wanted to make a much more agressive brace for her. Well in the meantime we went for our second opinion and the consultant we saw feels that Niamh should be in a cast that she is too little for a brace to have much effect. Our difficulty now lies in the fact that this consultant operates out of a different hospital and although he is willing to take her on as a patient and cast her :niceone: however he will not take her on without a referral from our current consultant. I am trying to get an appointment with him to discuss this but he has been away and is incredibly busy at the moment. :roll:
So hopefully we are half way to getting her back in a cast, I have put the redevelopment of the brace on hold until I hear back from our current consultant.
Hope all is well with everyone,
Nicola

andrea
29th January 2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Nicola

Nice to see you back! I can't begin to imagine how frustrated you are at the moment that your consultant won't put her in a cast, especially when she's been in one already. Fingers crossed you'll manage to see him soon and get the treatment you are happy with.

We're fine thanks. Erin started school 3 weeks ago and loves it. She also has a new cast which is off both shoulders, so she's happy about that (and she looks completely different!) as she can hide it more under her clothes. The downside is that it has a very small tummy hole, so she still has something to complain about!! The curve continues to go up and down, but as yet hasn't gone back above 62*, which is where we started. In this brace it's at about 45*. We go back in April.

Anyway, enough about us. Hope everything else is well with you.

Andrea
x

PS I moved our enquiries about skiing to a new thread so that the experts could see them!

Sealy
5th February 2007, 08:08 PM
I love reading updates!

Nicola,
I'm so happy that you have found someone to cast Niamh and hopefully it won't be a long wait.

Andrea,
Glad to hear Erin is doing well and the curve is relatively stable in the cast!

As for us.... we have an appointment scheduled for March! We're getting a new brace and hopefully enjoy the sights in Montreal with my kids. Deirdre is growing by leaps and bounds and doesn't look like a toddler anymore but she's still a beauty. My nine year old son has been identified as "gifted" in school so I guess I should refer to him as my "son the genius"!! :-D Life is so random isn't it ???