PDA

View Full Version : exercises

olea
11th January 2007, 08:03 AM
Hello all,

These days i have been waking up early in the morning because i was having pain in my back (lower part). I know that my back is not straight (kyphosis, scoliosis and also a twisted pelvis with one leg about 1 cm shorter than the other)

I have decided to do some exercises because i know that in the past they helped me a lot (as soon as i start with the exercises and loose a bit of weight the pain is reduced)

I have spend a few minutes looking for exercises in google but i cannot find any nice website. Do you know any website with exercises for the back?

thanks,
olea

olea
11th January 2007, 08:07 AM
ah, i forgot to mention something that I guess is important when deciding about the type of exercises: I am 29 years old and when i mentioned loosing some weight I meant 1 to 2 kg because I am not really having a problem with my weight.

Again thanks,
olea

mark
11th January 2007, 09:31 AM
Hi Olea

Welcome to SSO

I hope you enjoy the site and find as supportive as i do

here is a link to a post in the non surgical forum on exercises

http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/i...&showtopic=3433 (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/ipboard/index.php?s=&showtopic=3433)

Little Ali
17th January 2007, 04:23 PM
:nutter: Hellooooooo!

Tweety Pie
23rd January 2007, 12:32 AM
Hello there! I have been very lazy about exercise for far too long and have decided ,like you, to do more as I know how benefical it can be.I shall start tomorrow and do 5 minutes!!!

King Tanacity
1st March 2007, 07:20 PM
Wow, you have exactly the same condition as me, I have anterior and posterior tilt in my pelvis,going in opposite directions. Is this what you mean by twisted pelvis. My (LLD) is about 2 inches. Cant have orthotic shoes as I am too warped (physically and maybe mentally) May I ask what treatment you are recieveing. I have been given lots of pain killers an exercise programe 3 times a day 1.45 hours in total and a Tens nerve stimalation machine.also wear an ultra stim belt. Been told nothing can be done but difficult to accept this. Started to experience pain in tail bone and I am experiencing weeakness in right leg. Have just started seeing chiropractor. Let you know I get on. :wave: p.s. very easy to get into habit of doing exercises I feel it wont cure me but i believe it helps me remain flexible.I would like to say Iam very strict with it but I do miss the odd session. For me this is the rest of my life, so the odd one here and there dosent matter. I f I beat myself up about it, I generally feel like stopping doing them all together so I dont beat myself up.

Amazed Jean
1st March 2007, 08:33 PM
Hello Olea AND King Tanacity too, Welcome to SSO. I salute both of your efforts to exercise.

Malte
9th March 2007, 03:51 AM
Hi again....anyone that has had posterior surgery with rods for kyhphosis, I would love to hear the process and recovery.

Thanks Again