PDA

View Full Version : Question about x-rays

Cabann
5th January 2007, 06:53 PM
We are waitng to hear back from Destin'y Orthopedic surgeon about the last MRI and they want to set up an appt. to do another set of x-rays with her brace on. Why do they need to do X-rays with the brace on. Plus the last visit we had after her brace was modified again to make it a little more comfortable, we were told after her X-rays with the brace her doctor would probably send us back to the "Brace Doctor"-that is what Destiny calls him. Does anyone have any info or advice?

I want to go to her next appt. loaded with questions.

GillyG
5th January 2007, 11:24 PM
Hi there,

I've never had any experience with bracing myself, but from what I can gather the x-rays without the brace give the actual curvature and then the ones taken with the brace on show how much correction the brace is providing by literally pushing against the curve to hold the spine in a straighter position.

I'm sure some of the other members will come on and provide the information you need to formulate your questions, but I think that's the general principle of the bracing technique.

Hope this helps a bit ;-)

Gilly x

Mandy
6th January 2007, 06:36 AM
Like Gilly said, the reason for the in brace x ray is to show how much correction the brace is providing while your daughter is wearing it. It helps them to know if the brace is doing its job or not and if there is anything they need to adjust. That would also be why they would send you BACK to the brace doctor AGAIN for an adjustment to make changes based on the x ray.
Hope that helps.
Mandy