PDA

View Full Version : Finally set a date...sorta

clarinetokc
5th August 2004, 11:01 PM
Yesterday we went to go see what my schedule will be for next year. We were in the counseling office for about an hour waiting for the counselor to get back from lunch. When he got back we saw my classes, and I didn't really get exactly what I wanted. So we changed it around so that I will have surgery during the classes that are easy, boring, and that I won't mind learning at home. Example: I dropped Jazz band, and picked up trig. The only thing wrong with this is that I will have 3 math classes, alg. 3, trig., and business math, but I heard that business math isn't hard, and that I wouldn't mind missin' 9 weeks of that. Besides, with my surgery, my saxaphone would be too heavy for me to lift anywayz. I'm glad we finally have a time set even if we aren't still for sure I will have to have surgery. I just don't want to wait too long because the doctor said that I was on the very edge of being fully grown, and that I had a 70% chance of my curve increasing. I just want to get it over with, but my parents want to research it more. At least I don't have to miss my 16th birthday!!! :party: :pepsi: :joke:

Blair
5th August 2004, 11:34 PM
Glad you have a date set! You're lucky to have classes to keep you busy after surgery. The first couple of weeks will probably be a real pain to keep up with (or catch up on), but I wasn't able to take classes the term following my surgery (in college, not allowed to drive, and no online courses applicable to my major were available) and I got SEVERELY bored

BarmyArmy
5th August 2004, 11:38 PM
That's good news :niceone:

clarinetokc
5th August 2004, 11:40 PM
O wow I'll bet you got bored. I'm glad that I will have something to do all day while my friends are at school. I just wanted to be able to take classed that I would get credit for, and that I could do at home. I also didn't want to let the band down. :cry: I theink this is the best time, and it lets my parents have time to discuss, and research things.

Carly
5th August 2004, 11:51 PM
Sounds like you have it well planned out! Congrats!

clarinetokc
6th August 2004, 12:01 AM
Thanx!

Marti
6th August 2004, 01:32 AM
wow! Three math classes?! I know someone who took two last year, but even that's rare at my school. You must have more periods than we do, becuase I barely have enough periods for all my classes, and I just take one of everything. Anyways, to stay on topic, that's great that you have a basic time set! It makes everything seem much simpler if you know the basic time... at least for me

Jonny
6th August 2004, 02:07 AM
Good to hear everything's under control ;-) :-)

sins
6th August 2004, 10:35 AM
It's cool that your parents want to research more before your surgery.I wish my parents had taken so much interest in my medical past! How big is your curve?I'm sure you're young, fit and strong and will be back on your feet very quickly.I missed a whole year of school following my operation but nowadays it's always possible to reschedule classes or work around your recovery time.Good luck.

Joy
6th August 2004, 06:29 PM
I'm glad everything is falling into place for you. It's probably a good thing that your parents want to do a little research. Beig informed is never a bad thing when it comes to surgery.

How many classes can you take? We only have space for eight a year and I'm having serious trouble fitting in graduation requirments and university prerequistes.

clarinetokc
8th August 2004, 08:00 AM
I get to take eight classes a year, but it's in a schedule called block scheduling. We have four classes a day for the first semester, and then we switch to the other eight that we haven't had yet for the second semester. I talked to my counselor one more time after the last time to see whatI could have changed. So it changed a little. This year I am taking American History AP, English II AP, Biology Honors, Algebra III Honors, Band (two semesters, so it counts as two classes),Music Theory, and Spanish II. This way I am only taking one math class(I will take two math classes next year) and I won't let my classmates down when I can't go to Jazz Band because i won't even be enrolled in the class. I will have easier, and less enjoyable classes the year that I will have surgery. Usually at my school, you fall behind if you don't take two math classes a year. I will barely be able to take calculus my senior year the way I'm working it, and I won't be able to fit in all my science now either. i guess that's the price you pay for wanting to be in so many music classes. :D

My top curve is at 48-50 degrees, and my bottom curve is at 38-40 degrees. I imagine the surgeon will just straighten both curves during the same operation if he's going to do the top one anyway. :thwack:

By the way I just found out yesterday, that I'm getting a piano for my 16th birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Pikey
8th August 2004, 11:18 AM
Everyone is so musical here , the SSO orchestra is growing bigger by the day . I'm glad you have got your head around the operation , they are so good these days you'll be glad that you had it .I know as a parent how scary it is to see your child have to have an operation , I hope your parents can come to terms with it all too . Take care ,Pikey.

clarinetokc
9th August 2004, 06:19 PM
Thanx, I hope all goes well, and I can convince my parents that this is something I definately need. lol

~Carrie

Little~shedevil~dee
9th August 2004, 08:05 PM
good luck , i hope it goes well

Abbi
9th August 2004, 08:47 PM
Good luck hun! I hope it goes well....

Kayla
10th August 2004, 02:28 AM
Good Luck!

floralgypsy
10th August 2004, 03:07 AM
3 maths classes = heaven! I don't quite understand how the educational system works in *insert country here*, but I wish I could drop and choose subjects! It sounds as though you are pretty sorted though, I think it is a wise idea. I had to give up my saxophone for a while too! :mope: