PDA

View Full Version : Lucy's visit to Mr Fairbank

Nicki
15th November 2006, 08:15 PM
Hello everyone,

Well Lucy had her 6 month visit to Mr Fairbank on Monday, and like Sealy I had that horrible sinking feeling in my tummy. :woe:

Lucy was sent for an ISIS scan (which they do to avoid taking too many xrays) and then we saw Mr Fairbank. Good News!! :niceone: :D The curve has not changed in the last 6 months, it is measuring virtually the same as last time. It was such a relief, I cant tell you. And she has grown 3cm. Obviously we are more than aware that this can change at any time, but for now we are overjoyed!!

We are due back next week to collect her new brace, which she has chosen in pink and lilac butterflies and flowers!!

Nicki

alyssa
16th November 2006, 02:26 PM
Awwww that is such fabby news I bet you are so pleased! You should be.!
Goodluck with the pretty pink barce! hehe

Sealy
16th November 2006, 03:27 PM
Great news Nicki!!! :niceone: Glad to hear I'm not the only one with that unmistakeable sinking feeling before clinic appointments.

Mandy
16th November 2006, 07:12 PM
Glad to hear the great news!!! Hope lucy enjoys the design of her new brace and that it isnt too hard (compared to the old brace) to adjust to.
When I have my appointments, I often get a sinking feeling (sometimes more than others) but the first time I ever met with my surgeon my mom was so nervous that she was physically ill from the stress. I felt bad for her.
Mandy

andrea
16th November 2006, 10:04 PM
That's great news that the curve is holding Nicki, you must be thrilled! I always approach our appointments with a sense of optimism so never seem to get the sinking feeling, although I do get nervous. Tell Lucy to keep up the good work!

Little Ali
16th November 2006, 10:05 PM
I'm really pleased for you! Wow! Pretty pink with butterflies! Good choice! :niceone: :squeeze:

Abbi
17th November 2006, 08:32 PM
Great news Nicki - I hope the curve continues to hold! :D

netty
18th November 2006, 05:57 PM
Delighted for you! Great news! Netty