PDA

View Full Version : Owww / Ouch.....

Abbi
5th August 2004, 01:50 AM
Hey Everyone! ***huge sigh*** I am in sooooooo sooooo much pain at the moment :cry: My back is killing me, I could probably right a book describing the pain I am going through..... :nut: does anyone know of anything I could do, cos its drivn me mad..... :cry:

Its really just above my right shoulder blade, and its spreading down my arm......

mark
5th August 2004, 01:58 AM
Massages are usually good for pain

Sorry to hear your in pain take care

Mark

tonibunny
5th August 2004, 02:06 AM
Oh you poor thing Abbi :hug:

If painkillers aren't helping, why not try a nice hot bath? I know it's really hot anyway, but even a quick soak for 5 minutes might help....put some nice bubble bath in the tub and have a bit of a pampering session to cheer yourself up. You deserve it!

Or you could try this method of self-massage, which I read about today:

For a pain in your trapezius (right shoulder muscle) - place your left hand on your shoulder, with the fingertips draped over it and your thumb nestled into the dip between the front of your shoulder and your collar bone. Then, using your thumb for leverage, work your fingers along the muscle in a circular motion, from one end of the shoulder to the other and back again.

Hope this helps a little!

Abbi
5th August 2004, 02:13 AM
I dont actually take painkillers, Im kinna stubborn....but I may have to resort to that tonite.....awww man, so sore. Thnx for your replies by the way, and I am sorry to complain, I do it so often.

tonibunny
5th August 2004, 02:17 AM
No no, don't apologise, we're here to support you and cheer you up! :D We all know what pain is like. Try the self-massage thing, maybe that will help enough for you not to have to take painkillers. Hope you feel better soon :-)

Abbi
5th August 2004, 02:26 AM
I tried it....it doesnt work....maybe I am doing it wrong, also, I have no painkillers in my house!!!!ahhhh!!! does heat help, I have heard it does

tonibunny
5th August 2004, 02:53 AM
Yes, heat can help quite a lot - that's why I advocate hot baths :-) You could try a hot flannel or hot water bottle though, if you have one. Pikey says that alternating heat with an ice-pack can work wonders too, but that doesnt work for everyone. No harm in trying though!

Kayla
5th August 2004, 03:43 AM
Dont apologize for complaining its ot even complaining this is what we are here for to help others! I have had that pain in my right shoulder blade where it feels like a big knot is right there and it wont massage out I found out its my rib so Idunno what to say

Joy
5th August 2004, 05:02 AM
I don't like taking painkillers either. I don't really have any advice except for try some relaxation techniques before you go to bed. Deep breathing and things like that. They helped me get to sleep sometimes. Heat's good if it's your muscles hurting.

Carly
5th August 2004, 05:18 AM
I dont have any magic solution but I do want to wish you luck! I hope it gets better soon!

sins
5th August 2004, 10:40 AM
I don't like taking painkillers Abbi but I go down to Boots pharmacy and buy an over the counter ibuprofen gel rub called oruvail.You rub it into the sore area and it produces a lovely heat effect without any nasty smells.it's odour free.Usually by the second application you'll get some releif.Sorry you're in so much pain.Scoliosis can play havoc with your muscles.Ouch!

BlueIce
5th August 2004, 12:29 PM
if you are in pain, don't be stubborn and just take a painkiller (especially if nothing else seems to work). I know this from my own experience :-) I'm not a fan of painkillers myself, but if you need them, there's no point in going through a lot of pain because that will only make you feel worse.

Abbi
5th August 2004, 06:09 PM
Hey! My back is a little less sore today, thats probably cuz I am not working...lol! I have been doing some relaxation things, so its ok, but I am sure by tonight, it'll be sore.
My friend said I may have pinched a nerve....???

Carly
5th August 2004, 08:34 PM
I am glad to hear that it is getting better. I am like you and will avoid motrin or tylenol until I cant stand it any longer...

lindzi_11
5th August 2004, 11:07 PM
eeek i hope it gets better. and i'm sure it will!! :D

Abbi
1st September 2004, 01:08 AM
Hey guys, Aww man today my back is just killn me so much, :nut: I mean its usually just sore around my right shoulder, but its now sore down my right arm and my lower back also.....awww y won't it go away :cry:

tonibunny
1st September 2004, 02:12 AM
Oh, poor you Abbi :hug: I'm so sorry to hear this.

Have you found anything that helps relieve the pain? If it's your muscles that are causing the pain, my osteopath told me that a great way to relax spasming muscles is to put 2 eggcupfuls of Epsom Salts (available at any good chemists/drugstore) in a bath of hot water....but make sure you drink plenty of water first because this can be quite dehydrating.

Hope you feel better soon xx

Joy
1st September 2004, 02:19 AM
poor Abbi.
My back's been giving me a lot of pain also lately. HOpe you feel better soon

Jonny
1st September 2004, 02:51 AM
I've already talked to you about this but hope your pain eases soon - a horrid thing to have - and it could be a nerve pain by what you were saying. Is there a good remedy for radicular pain anyone?

Blair
1st September 2004, 03:20 AM
Bleh... What? Has everyone's back gone to heck lately?
Hope you're feeling better soon, Abbi! And you too, Joy!

BarmyArmy
2nd September 2004, 12:51 PM
Yeah it's a case for the X-files :woe: I'm not feeling that great either, done way too much stuff at work the past couple of days and now I'm in total agony. Oh well back to upping my pills again :mope:

Sorry Abbi and Joy I can only manage very gentle hugs today: :squeeze: here have one each :squeeze:

lindzi_11
2nd September 2004, 03:54 PM
aw ouchies =(

Kayla
2nd September 2004, 07:32 PM
im sorry :hug:

Jessica*
3rd September 2004, 02:36 PM
Ah dear. Do you have nay of your own methods of temporary relief? i.e warm baths, hot water bottles, pain reliever pills, Epsom Salts, etc?

If you don't have any Epsom Salts, make sure you don't go running into the Pharmacy asking for bucket loads of them, right Toni?

Hope you feel better real soon, *hugs*!

andrea
3rd September 2004, 04:46 PM
Aww, big hugs to all of you going through pain or discomfort at the mo. Hope it gets better soon.
xx

BarmyArmy
3rd September 2004, 08:54 PM
Well I'm going for a relay system of wheat bag, muscle relaxant pills, painkillers, Tens machine, massages (from other half) and loads of chocolate. Pity I'm working all day tomorrow :woe: