PDA

View Full Version : Back to Mr T

andrea
24th September 2006, 06:15 PM
Hello all. I just thought i'd post following our appointment with Mr T on Monday, now he's back from his sabbatical (he's been back for a while, but you know how appointments are!). He was very disappointed with the curve, and couldn't understand how it hadn't been able to get back to where it was when he left. It's something that's also occurred to us, especially as we're told she looks really good on the table, so it's interesting he thought the same.

Anyhow Sue Lister called us to see which consultant we were going to go with, and while I feel bad for choosing one over the other, we're going with Mr T. He wants to get her in asap so he can see for himself what she looks like under traction and to see what he can do. If it really is a case that the curve is just too rigid now and he can't get it down, then we'll look at growth rods. One step at a time though and we'll see what the next casting brings.

So, no surprises, but nice to have someone else looking at her too.

Hope all is well with everyone
Andrea
xx

newgirl
24th September 2006, 08:35 PM
Andrea,
That sounds like a positive appointment. Don't feel bad about choosing the consultant you have the most confidence in. Fingers crossed that the curve is not too rigid when he gets her on the table and that he can get you back on track.

Let us know how you get on,
Nicola

BeckyH
24th September 2006, 09:44 PM
got everything crossed for all of you, hope things speed along and go well.

xstephx
24th September 2006, 10:31 PM
Hi Andrea,

Glad to hear you had an appointment and things are being done. your daughter is in great hands- Taylor worked wonders on me this summer!

Hope he's able to do the same with you guys. Let us know how things go.

All the best
Steph x

sins
25th September 2006, 02:08 PM
Hi Andrea,
Hopefully you'll get a fast appointment and with some skill and luck the correction will be good.Keep us updated!
Sins

Sealy
25th September 2006, 03:52 PM
I agree with Sins! Sometimes it all rests on the skill of orthopedist and we're all hopeful it will be good news.

andrea
29th September 2006, 06:46 PM
Hopefully you'll get a fast appointment

Hmm, well it was looking good until Erin got chicken pox! I phoned Mr T's secretary on Monday to let her know and she needs to speak to him about when it'll be safe to give her a GA once it has cleared. I'll phone again on Monday to find out. Fortunately I have a really good relationship with her and seem to get things done quite easily (famous last words). I hate to think what the cast will look or smell like when it comes off :vomit: It's been a bad case, spots everywhere, and a week of miserableness for everyone. Finally on the road to recovery now though (I think).

I'll let you know when we have a date.
A
x

tonibunny
29th September 2006, 06:54 PM
Awwwwwwwww poor little Erin - Chicken Pox in a cast! I managed to avoid that, I got it during the summer, so I was in a Milwaukee and could have baths. Oh, I do feel for her!! I hope she's not too uncomfortable now :(

BTW Sue Lister was the Sister on Coxen Ward when I was a kiddie :D

andrea
29th September 2006, 07:01 PM
She's doing ok now, but she was very uncomfortable for a while. I knew we wouldn't escape it, but at least I know we can't get it again! And it's not summer, so we don't have the heat to contend with, another bonus.

I like Sue, I can just imagine her being a sister though. She can be quite abrupt, and I don't think i'd want to be on the wrong side of her!

newgirl
29th September 2006, 10:11 PM
Oh poor Erin,
Hope she is feeling a bit better now. Niamh got them the hottest week when we were in the US (Temps of 100 +) but at least she was in a brace at the time and we could give her a bath and put cream on. I think that we were told that she could not have a GA for either 3 or 6 weeks at the time but I am open to correction on that :???:
Love the new Avatar by the way, she is getting so grown up!
Nicola

Nicki
1st October 2006, 12:19 AM
Hi Andrea

Just wanted to say how beautiful Erin is, she looks a real sweety!

Love Nicki x

andrea
2nd October 2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks peeps! She's not always the angel she appears in pics!!

I spoke with the sec again today and she can have a GA as soon as the spots have disappeared apparently (I'm sure it's different everywhere). No sign of that happening though! Still as spotty as ever.