PDA

View Full Version : Update (Latest checkup)

andy_d
7th September 2006, 04:55 PM
Basically my consultant is extremely happy with everything, and I have another check up in 6 months time. I'm not in a cast anymore (I haven't been in one for the last 2 months or so) because I didn't need one anymore, and have just been being careful etc.

I also asked my consultant what degree my curve had gone down to now after surgery, It has gone down from 92 degrees to 42 degrees 8)

Also, while I was there he asked me for two favours:-

1) He asked me if on the 15th September, I would be willing to go to the hospital for one of his teaching classes, where he has students in etc. and he is going to use me as a case study, and get me to talk about what my pain was like before surgery, and what things are like now, and my surgery experience etc. :-)

2) He asked me to talk to a young chap who is 14 and is due for surgery in October, and is really nervous about the whole thing. My consultant thought it would be good for him and his parents to talk to me, and to talk to someone who has been through the experience, and give him some reassurance... I asked if they had internet access, because I was going to give him the web address for this site, but unfortunately they haven't. So I gave them my phone number, and told them that if they have any questions they think of then to feel free to contact me.

I also popped up to the ward that I stopped in while I was in hospital, and they were of course pleased to see me. They commented how well I looked, and how they "liked my hair", which about a million people have told me, which is good I guess :hammer:

Thought I'd update you all anyway, I haven't posted much on here really recently, I must make more effort :glee: It's not like I've not got time...

Also on Monday I got my new guitar :rox:

Little Ali
7th September 2006, 09:39 PM
Yay! :bounce: :clap: Good for you Andy! It's always good to be able to put your experience to a positive use!

I'm really pleased everything is going so well for you!

Take care :squeeze:

mark
8th September 2006, 09:22 AM
Congratulations Andy i'm pleased your doing so well

You'll have to post a pic or 2

DublinPauline
8th September 2006, 10:22 AM
It sounds like your operation was a big success - congratulations!
Your surgeon sounds very thoughful, putting that other boy in contact with you was a great idea.

Phil
8th September 2006, 12:47 PM
Nice one andy, it's great that you can pass your success to others around you.