PDA

View Full Version : a good thing about braces

xstephx
20th July 2006, 04:31 PM
Ok, i had a brace for 2 years so i know what a pain they are, but now i have found an upside to them!

Was in the park today enjoying the hot weather, when my friend Tom told me to beware cos there was a wasp nearby. Next thing i know, it was on my top and as i moved to see where it was it stung me through my top!

BUT if i was someone in a brace then my belly wopuld be protected and there is no chance of evil wasps stinging your belly!

My stings in an awkward polace and i just hope its not where theyre planning on opening my up for the anterior surgery.

Anyway, just thought i'd share my story to help brace-people feel better in this extremly hot weather- believe me i know how awful it is!

I'll be back in the brace club by next week tho but this time with a post op brace.

I hope the hot weathers not too bad for all you brace wearers... hope it cools down soon.

Steph x

Kayla
1st August 2006, 06:54 PM
Haha. I remember the only fun thing about my brace was letting people sock me in the stomach and it would end up hurting them more then it did me!

Jonny
2nd August 2006, 09:05 PM
Finding positive stuff about scoliosis is great :D

I'm absolutely petrified of wasps, and unfortunately I had almost the exact opposite happen last summer. I was sitting outside at lunchtime wearing my post-op brace (CTLSO, solid plastic from hips to above chin) and I decided to loosen it (naughty...) to let some air in. I undid the neck straps and pushed the back half slightly away from my back, and I had two wasps fly down it that lunchtime... :cry:

They didn't sting me, but I still get reminded of when I stood up and ran around in little circles screaming :oops: