PDA

View Full Version : i'm in pain

newbie04
26th July 2004, 09:43 PM
I'm in so much pain right now,its not even funny. :nut:

BlueIce
26th July 2004, 09:50 PM
is pain ever funny? I've been in a bad mood all afternoon because I couldn't get in a comfortable (read: painfree (just had surgery)) position and I didn't want to take a painkiller because I'm stubbern. I didn't need any yesterday, and so I try to stay away from them as much as possible.
Have you seen a doctor about your pain? Most of the time they can be pretty usefull in helping you out with these things :-)

BarmyArmy
26th July 2004, 09:52 PM
Aww I'm sorry you're having a bad time Becky :hug: How long have you had scoliosis and what type do you have? Maybe we can help with tips to reduce you pain for a bit.

I'm 28 and I've had my back pain for about 11 years, I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis when I was 18. I use a combination of painkillers and a TENS machine to cope. But my boyfriend does help with soothing massage as well :D

I'm a part time children's bookseller so I'm normally in agony after work but I would never change my job as I love it to bits.

jfkimberly
26th July 2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by BlueIce@Jul 26 2004, 03:50 PM
Have you seen a doctor about your pain? Most of the time they can be pretty usefull in helping you out with these things :-)
They're probably more helpful if you take the medicine they prescribe. *pointed look at BlueIce* Take care of yourself, hon. You're recovering from surgery. If you need some relief, take the painkillers.

Abbi
26th July 2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by newbie04@Jul 26 2004, 08:43 PM
I'm in so much pain right now,its not even funny. :nut:
Hey becky....I am really sorry that you are in so much pain...my back is really sore a lot of the time...but I find that if you can distract yourself in some way its good, like BarmyArmy I use a TENS machine which helps somewhat but I DO NOT take painkillers, I am soooo stubborn, I really hate taking them.

My dad recently bought me a new matress for my bed, its like an orthopedic one and it helps a little.

I really hope you are feeling better soon. :-)

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:00 PM
Yah like my back hurts alot too but meh i still play soccer etc etc lol i don't let that stop me !

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:01 PM
well, all I know is that I have scoliosis but it not bad enough to were I need surgery. I try and to sit up stait, it helps a little. I need to start to do my exersise agian from my theropy.

I was diagnosed in October of 2002 right after I couldn't finish a soccer game. I guess it started when I was playing softball the year before and the same year I was diagnosed.

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:03 PM
I'm getting surgeory on November 11th and my curves are 57 and 31. I'm still in dance, soccer, volleyball and basket ball and i love roller blading. Like yah my back does bother me but i go little by little like i don't stay on long in soccer even though i'm competitive and i want too lol

BlueIce
26th July 2004, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by jfkimberly@Jul 26 2004, 10:54 PM
They're probably more helpful if you take the medicine they prescribe. *pointed look at BlueIce* Take care of yourself, hon. You're recovering from surgery. If you need some relief, take the painkillers.
darn, just have been caught not taking my own advice :roll: I just try and see if I still need them, I'm trying to build off because I know I don't need all of them (6 a day in the hospital) anymore. But maybe I shouldn't be so stubbern, that always get's me in "trouble". I'll keep this in mind, thanks! :oops:

BarmyArmy
26th July 2004, 10:07 PM
Sometimes the little things actually help, like Abbi mentioned do you have a comfortable mattress Becky? Some people with back problems prefer hard mattresses(like me) but others go for a softer one depending on their type of curves. I used to sleep on the floor before I moved in with my boyfriend as it was the only way I was comfy, I slept like that for about 6 years. :-)

Other small things may help to like sitting in a more suitable chair or using a footstool at the computer. We recently bought one and it's great, I should have got one ages ago :ph34r:

I'd also recommend buying one of those microwavable heat bags. You mostly get them in chemists and they are fantastic. Because it's a material bag full of wheat you can move it around wherever you have pain and they are so relaxing especially if you get a lavender one.

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:07 PM
I want to get back into soccer, but my dad won't let me. I also play volleyball but not on a competitive level.

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:09 PM
oh so u've already had surgeory, newbie04??

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:12 PM
Right now, my family doesn't have enough money to buy a matriss. If I sleep on the floor, it makes it feel worse.

I have a heating pad that works and I love it. I don't take any medication because I'm stubborn.

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:13 PM
no, i've never had surgery

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:16 PM
so u've never had sugeory, and ur curves aren't that big and ur in pain. Man that sux. Like I need surgeory and i'm getting it November 11th but i'm not in all that much.

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:18 PM
I know it sux.

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:20 PM
Well its definently different. But i guess everyones curve is different lol. Well my best advice is to tell the docter how much you are in pain. Cuz if ur in alot then something should be done! Like wutt are ur curves??

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 10:21 PM
I'm like Lindsey, I have to have surgery, but I'm not in all that much pain. :D

Hope you get to feeling better Becky! :niceone:

~Carrie

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:24 PM
Haha i'll just correct you carrie lol my name is spelled lindsay but that okie everyone makes the mistake :D I don't mind! lol

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:25 PM
thanx carrie. its just i haven't done my exersises like i'm supose to.

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:25 PM
Wutt are ur curves??

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 10:26 PM
Thanx LINDSAY. I'll get it right next time. :niceone:

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:27 PM
i have no idea they didn't tell me.

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 10:29 PM
I think you should maybe find out then and if ur in alot of pain then they should do something about it.

haha no problem Carrie lol!

BarmyArmy
26th July 2004, 10:31 PM
I've never had surgery either and although I only have a small curve I have some from of pain everyday. Ranging from a dull ache to being unable to walk properly. I hate taking the painkillers especially after 10 years but I need them or my pain would be even worse. :( My problem is that I have a low threashold to pain and nearly everything that I do causes me pain. This is why I only work part-time as I wouldn't manage a full time job. Choosing a bookselling job isn't the best move for someone with a dodgy back :D

Because I only have mild scoliosis the doctors don't think I'm that bad, yes there is loads of people on here with curves that are thousands times worse than mine(so I'm not complaining about their surgery as each and everyone needed it and is better for having it) but my situation is upsetting sometimes as all I've been told to do is put up with it. It's pretty depressing as I know that I will have this for the rest of my life and not get any better. This is why I have to take my pills and buy the right type of furniture because I don't really have choice in the matter.

Just ignore me I've feeling lousy just now and I can't take anymore painkillers till midnight :oops: .

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:32 PM
ok i'll ask the next time when i go in which will be in the next week because my legs. the leg part doesn't deal with my back. its something totally different

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:41 PM
Carrie, let me tell you that band is going to like kill us. Mr. King will not let us slide.

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 10:48 PM
I know, we will be like dead at the end. Although, I feel sorry for you because although I need surgery, I'm in no pain, and also, he may let me slide in March (although by then marching band will be over). :P That's terrible that you will have to die, of course, who knows, I may be in pain by then! Anyways...it's all good.

~Carrie

newbie04
26th July 2004, 10:55 PM
he might if i pass out from the pain. lol

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 11:03 PM
I agree, he might be reasonable then.

you> :woe:

~Carrie

newbie04
26th July 2004, 11:06 PM
thats so right

:P <you

newbie04
26th July 2004, 11:06 PM
doing nothing and making fun me.(lol)

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 11:08 PM
O, my bad, were you expecting sympathy? lol J/K

~Carrie

newbie04
26th July 2004, 11:11 PM
yes i need it :cry: ........................jk lol :lol:

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 11:14 PM
OK, OK..............I sympathize. (if that's how it's spelled)

~Carrie

newbie04
26th July 2004, 11:16 PM
well u need what ever that word is (i was only kidding)

Kayla
26th July 2004, 11:20 PM
well welcome Becky I would definatly talk to your doctor if your in sooo much pain or start taking some meds

newbie04
i have to go i got volley ball tonight.

lindzi_11
um lol alrighty then. . .

lindzi_11
26th July 2004, 11:21 PM
I agree with kayla 100%

clarinetokc
26th July 2004, 11:23 PM
I too agree with Kayla. You shouldn't be in so much pain even if you can do nothing about your curve.

~Carrie

Little~shedevil~dee
26th July 2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by BarmyArmy@Jul 26 2004, 09:31 PM
I've never had surgery either and although I only have a small curve I have some from of pain everyday. Ranging from a dull ache to being unable to walk properly. I hate taking the painkillers especially after 10 years but I need them or my pain would be even worse. :( My problem is that I have a low threashold to pain and nearly everything that I do causes me pain. This is why I only work part-time as I wouldn't manage a full time job. Choosing a bookselling job isn't the best move for someone with a dodgy back :D

Because I only have mild scoliosis the doctors don't think I'm that bad, yes there is loads of people on here with curves that are thousands times worse than mine(so I'm not complaining about their surgery as each and everyone needed it and is better for having it) but my situation is upsetting sometimes as all I've been told to do is put up with it. It's pretty depressing as I know that I will have this for the rest of my life and not get any better. This is why I have to take my pills and buy the right type of furniture because I don't really have choice in the matter.

Just ignore me I've feeling lousy just now and I can't take anymore painkillers till midnight :oops: .
i know how you feel hun , i cant take any more pain killers now untill the morning and the pain is still there :cry: