PDA

View Full Version : Stretching!

Phil
16th June 2006, 09:36 AM
Anyone stretch or got any methods for improving your flexibility post op.

I've noticed it's major issue, muscles tightening up. Particulary the ham strings.

Anyone any comments, suggestions or tips? get um' down :D

PS, Hope you're all good!

sins
16th June 2006, 12:55 PM
Jonny's the guy to talk to about that,he's had physiotherpay in Stanmore for that particular problem.It seems to be common enough with kyphosis.
He's in the middle of exams at the moment but should be back shortly.Just be careful about doing exercises until your fusion is more solid.
Sins

Jonny
16th June 2006, 03:49 PM
The physio did comment on my tight hamstrings, yeah :-) he said that while mine weren't hugely tighter than most peoples, it would be of great benefit to me to have less tightness, because it would compensate somewhat for my lack of spinal flexibility and put less strain on my unfused joints.

He just showed me how to stretch them - just extend one leg straight out in front of you on a bed, and lean forward so you feel the strain for a while - and then repeat for the other leg.

Haven't noticed any benefit yet but I haven't done them enough :oops:

Little Ali
24th August 2006, 08:54 PM
I have a problem with this, mainly my back and I feel it's all scrunched up and I really need to stretch it out. I find lying on my back on the floor with my arms stretched out above my head really helps.