PDA

View Full Version : Update on phil!

Abbi
10th June 2006, 08:48 PM
Phil and I have been texting over this weekend, and I was chatting to him on the phone for about 45mins there....which was nice, cos I haven't spoken to him for three months!

Anyways, phil wanted me to post a little something, as he has been having problems with getting online...! He has been on reading posts, and trying to keep up to date with people....so don't worry, he hasn't left us!
Phil hopes to join us back here soon! :D

Phil has been experiencing a lot of pain in his left hand side....were one of his hooks are....he says its like a burning pain, and at worst its like someone ripping off a plaster really quickly....
It comes and goes randomly during the daym and it helps if he lies down for a bit!

He did mention this to his consultant at his last appointment, and basically he was told that it would always be like that, and the only way to stop the hooks from rubbing the skin was to remove them, but he was not prepared to do that!

Not nice then.....I have been experiencing the same pain too....and my consulant basically told me nothing would help!

I think thats about it really.....oh sinead...phil hopes to come to the cork 'shindig' in august if that is ok....?

mark
11th June 2006, 06:24 PM
Hi Abbi

Thanks for the update on Phil, the next time you speak to him can you let him know we are all sorry to hear about the hooks that are causing him so much pain.

mark

sins
11th June 2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the update Abbi!
It would be an honour to have Phil join us in Cork! It looks like it'll be a well attended weekend and can't wait.
Sad to hear the hooks are causing that amount of grief. Hopefully over time the sensation will disappear.
sins

Phil
12th June 2006, 02:14 PM
Thanks all and Abbi, enjoyed our chat. Back to work tomorrow although this pain is still there and damn annoying.

Hope to sort something out for Ireland. I leave for my own Holiday on the monday but am sure I'll attend if I manage with the time off.

Hope you're all well, Im missing you all but at work i will be in an office now so should get onto the net more often.

curvy
13th June 2006, 02:04 AM
I can't believe the Doctor said that the pain will always be there. I am curious if you both went through a series of physical therapy. I felt that burning sensation before once I became more active. My physical therapy also involves applying icepacks, heat, ultrasounds and "sorry forgot the technical name" but its a machine that sends electrical current to the muscles...all this seems to be helping me....still experiencing some pain...waiting for the 6 month time line with all fingers and toes crossed.

Well Phil I hope it gets better and I cant believe that the pain will always be there!
I had two referrals that said this surgery was worth it so hang in there....I gotta believe!!

zerodegrees
15th June 2006, 08:30 AM
sorry to hear about the hooks Phil, what a pain. good luck with going back to work. I was totally knackered at first but thankfully am on my "part time week".

Take care

john

flump
15th June 2006, 10:13 AM
Good luck on your return to work Phil.

Catherine

mark
15th June 2006, 11:32 AM
Best wishes for your return to work Phil

I hope they ease you back in gently

mark

Little Ali
15th June 2006, 10:15 PM
Good luck Phil! :bestwishes:

I'd get a second opinion on the pain front if I were you. I don't believe that there's nothing they can do.

Phil
16th June 2006, 10:21 AM
My first week consisted of 2, 4 hour shifts. I only worked 3 hours though and did an hour light work in the gym.

Even these 2 shifts knackered me out. I've got a nice office job with a computer of which just happens to have internet access!!

crkcallie
2nd December 2006, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the update. :)