PDA

View Full Version : Also back to work

curvy
1st June 2006, 10:46 PM
Hello All,

June 19th but part-time for the first six weeks....guess its normal to have mixed emotions.

My doctor told me I probably wont feel myself until 6 months and I am beginning to think hes right.....rolling out of bed in the morning is still painful but gets better as the day gos on...still on meds but a much lower dose and glad......can't wait to get off it completely.

Just wanted to say thanks and people are still amazed that I can even walk with titanium rods screwed to our spine....so yeah to us we did it to better ourselves so we can eventually enjoy a normal life free of pain....im so ready.

:jump:

Take care everyone :niceone:

mark
1st June 2006, 11:20 PM
Hi Curvy

I'm really pleased that you are progressing so well after the op. I hope you can fit right back into work without it giving you too much pain and discomfort. I look forward to hearing about your first week back.

Take care and good luck

mark

zerodegrees
2nd June 2006, 09:15 AM
good luck on the return to work thing. I'm about a week ahead of you & its not easy but an incredible achievement.

take it easy.

john

flump
3rd June 2006, 12:44 AM
:niceone:
Hi There!

How's it going? Looks like I'll be back at work on rehab June 25th? I'm so nervous, it takes me ages to get out of bed each day.

Don't you think it's strange you can't feel or noice the rods - I thought my back would feel different.

Good luck

Catherine

curvy
13th June 2006, 11:54 PM
Hi Catherine,

Good luck to you too. Believe me you should feel a lot better after a series of sessions. It will be tuff at first but I especially look forward to their stretching my body, hot and cold, and the ultrasounds for pain after the therapy is over. I was lucky I found a great physical therapist. Wow you starting after 2 months already....I did not start for three.

Yes feeling the rods is really weird!!! Also I still do not have some sensation on the top layer of the skin in places.

All is getting better though and Im looking forward to the 6 month mark!

Christina