PDA

View Full Version : Physio Appiontment

Joy
21st July 2004, 06:06 PM
I have my first physio appointment tomorrow. The lady said there was a waiting list and I'd have to wait about 2 weeks which I didn't think was very long at all and then she asked about my problem and said she'd get me in ASAP. Which apparently means 2 days! 2 days, I tell you! I wait longer than that to see my GP.

Anyway, my dad's checking his benefits to see how much the cover. This isn't covered under health-care because it's pain related, not function related, or something like that. And the clinic is new. But I'm pretty sure my parents will pay for as much as I need.

So, I pretty happy at the moment. I just hope it works. I'm sure that the cramps this severe date from my surgery, so I know it's related to my scoliosis, it isn't just normal shoulder/neck pain.

Liv
21st July 2004, 10:00 PM
Let us know what the physiotherapist has done with your sore neck/shoulder. I hope it'll help you!

Marti
23rd July 2004, 04:13 AM
How'd the appointment go Joy? I hope you got some exercises that help. It's no fun to be in pain.

BarmyArmy
23rd July 2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah how did it go? I hope you feel better soon :D

Carly
23rd July 2004, 09:26 PM
Good Luck Joy!

Joy
24th July 2004, 02:03 AM
It went OK... It was mainly just an assesment, but she thinks the main problem has to do with my C6 joint, because most of the msicles that are really troubling me attach there. She says that it's probably related to my surgery (I'm fused from T2 to L1) in that I've lost a lot of motion due to the fusion and no one ever bother to teach me how to do things properly to compensate for it, so that's part of it too. She gave me a few exercies but said that she'll try to fix my joint so it moves properly and then I can do some other exercises. Hopefully that helps. I hate being in pain when my back was fixed up so nicely.

For now, there a few thing I'm not supposed to do, like life my arms up farther than a 45 degree angle.

I'm going back after I get home from riding camp.

Little~shedevil~dee
24th July 2004, 02:04 AM
good luck hun

Joy
24th July 2004, 04:24 AM
Thanks!

Marti
24th July 2004, 05:40 AM
sounds like she knows what she's doing. Have fun at camp and I hope it works and the pain goes away.