PDA

View Full Version : Update on Megan

RosieRich
16th May 2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Everyone
In my last post I said I would update everyone on our appointment at the end of April. I've finally got a chance to type something in. It was good news. A year ago Megan's curve was 31 degrees, it is now 32 which is practically no change. The consultant was really pleased. She has been in her brace since last June so it seems to be doing it's job. As well as X-rays Megan had an ISIS scan which was very interesting. At her next 6 monthly appt she will have another one so we can see if there is any change without doing X-rays.
Fingers crossed the brace will keep doing it's job and hold her curve while she has her next growth spurt.
Bye for now
Sam (Thought it was about time I put a name, not a screen name!)
:D

mark
16th May 2006, 10:05 PM
Hi Sam

Its really great to hear thatMegans curve is holding stable with the brace. I hope it stays that way on your next trip to the consultants is just as positive.

Sealy
17th May 2006, 03:32 PM
Great news Sam !!! Hope things continue to improve. :niceone:

Sealy

gerbo
22nd May 2006, 06:01 PM
Hi Sam (i love real names), just to remind us, how old is megan, what level is the curve, was it oxford you are going to, she has a tlso??? How is she coping?? Was this an xray in or out of the brace?

best wishes, hope you are coping yourself

gerbo

RosieRich
26th May 2006, 10:16 PM
Hi Gerbo,
Megan is 10, the middle of her curve is at L-2, I think, and yes it is Oxford and she is in a made to measure brace. The X-ray was out of brace. They don't X-ray in brace but rely on human eye to see the correction in the brace. She is very straight in her brace so I'm fairly happy with this as it does avoid any more X-rays. It would be nice to know what kind of correction we are getting but at least it's been good enough to keep her stable. She copes extremely well and it doesn't stop her from doing anything. She is very active and we swim once a week and I've got her into the local gym, although finding time isn't always easy. I've been watching your threads with interest on the spinecor brace, but for now we're sticking with the tlso as it does seem to be working.
All the best for your daughter.
Sam :wave: