PDA

View Full Version : caudal epidural steroid injection

titch
12th May 2006, 08:00 PM
I'll do a proper update tomorrow when I'm back home again, but just thought I would let you fine chaps know that I had my caudal ESI this morning at QMC :-) And not, I might add, under sedation - let alone general. No one there could imagine any reason why it would be likely to need to be done under general.

Don't know yet whether there will be any lasting effects beyond the local anaesthetic they put in with the steroid, the particulars of my condition mean that there is a reasonable chance, unfortunately, that it either will not work or response will be minimal.

However, the good news is that it went well, and was an extremely easy procedure from my point of view. While I could not really say there was any reduction in pain as a consequence of the local, it was really notable that all of a sudden, for the first time in months, the bottom of my back moves again, and the whole thing isn't in a major knot at the moment. So I'm crossing fingers and hoping that the steroid does actually kick in and work for me - it's very nice actually being able to stand upright again!

tonibunny
12th May 2006, 09:56 PM
Fingers crossed for you Titch. Being able to move muscles that you'd forgotton how to move is an amazing feeling isn't it! :D

Do you know the actual names of the stuff they injected you with?