PDA

View Full Version : Update on return to work.

zerodegrees
4th May 2006, 09:16 AM
Hi guys,

Just a quick update on "me". We'll yesterday was my meeting in London with the airlines occupational health department.

My appointment was with "Dr Hard as nails" (think 80's power suit & too much make-up!) I of course instantly didn't like her! Anyway, she basically said "get back to yer work or else"! So looks like I'll be heading back to the sky a week on monday :cry: I couldn't really argue with her as her background was orthopaedics.

I kind of played down the surgery (a tiny bit) due to the hysterical nature of the airline. She had the "old knacker" stamp out ready to stamp on my forehead (nothing to do with the fact they are trying to get rid of people like me on old contracts!)

My sick line runs out on the 6th June but she said to go to the doc and get signed back to work by next monday as she has deemed me fit to fly.

I will have to spend 8 days on a return to work course to get all of my licenses back from the CAA.

Des couldn't stop laughing last night at my shock. He's convinced I was spinning it out a bit!

So thats that then. Time for work. At least now I'll be able to post from downroute when I'm at work.

Cheers

John

sins
4th May 2006, 10:39 AM
Oh dear, Well I suppose it had to happen sometime.It'll feel a bit odd for a few days, but once you get back to work, you'll have a feeling of normality and routine again.
Good luck with it and we'll miss having you around so much.Keep in touch though and log in and say hi on your days off.
Congratulations!
Sins

mark
4th May 2006, 12:36 PM
Poor old John, :hammer: I'm sure your bank balance will be taking a huge sigh of relief :clap: . On the plus side think of all those exotic locations you'll be visiting again. Hope it all works out for you and you get plenty of time to log on your posts make me laugh

Take it easy and don't work too hard :hammer:
Mark

BeckyH
7th May 2006, 01:39 PM
*laughs* des's sympathy was bound to run out at some point - welcome back to reality! i have to admit i got used to the life of leisure and i'm resorting to going to Uni to get back into the lifestyle i carved out for myself except better because it also means i'm moving out.

good luck returning to the world of chicken or beef and try not to make us all jealous at the places you're getting to visit. and if you have to stop over at gatwick give me a call because i'm just down the road.

MOB
9th May 2006, 07:04 PM
Best wishes on your return to work 8)

ScoliJess
9th May 2006, 11:33 PM
Good luck on your return to work!!

I recently had a month off because of my disk probs (nothing compared to surgery I know) and it wasn't til I went back that I realised I'd actually been enjoying not being at work. I was always complaining I was bored the whole time I was off though!!

Jess

Abbi
10th May 2006, 10:00 PM
aww John.....know the feeling, when I was cleared to return to work in Janurary I was like "aww I don't wana go back" I kinna got used to being a 'lady of lesiure' it was fun.....not having to stress about much!

It'll be good though to get some formal routine into your life again!

good luck with it....lets us know how it goes! :-)

sticktrix
11th May 2006, 01:46 PM
Well well well... I think it's a positive thing my dear John. I have the opposite problem...I cannot find a full time to save my ass! :P
Honestly though... As much as it might look weird to you right now, I seriously believe that restarting the work routine will benefit you greatly.
Procrastinating is in many cases a great thing, but you'll feel so much better once you'll be working again full time.
...Also, I don't know anyone who wouldn't be jealous to have the same job as you! I, for one, really am! It must be amazing!

Phil
15th May 2006, 01:47 PM
All the best john, I will also be returning to work in June if my appointment goes well. However, I will be part time for a fair few months yet. Nice office job with no prolonged posture is the menu for me.

All the best.

claire
16th May 2006, 01:39 PM
Hope all is going well in work.
Its tough at first but in a week or two it will be like you have never been away.
Claire

mark
16th May 2006, 10:01 PM
Hows your first week back in the real world going John :hammer:

zerodegrees
20th May 2006, 10:31 AM
not quite there yet! Hooray! Called in on Tuesday but they couldn't give me my return to work course until this tues 23rd! That will last 5 days followed by one day off & then off to Boston for 3 days. Not the best roster which is entirley expeced as punishment for being off for ever! Got Boston, Boston, Delhi, Seatle which takes me up to the end of june :(

Back on the corporate treadmill then.

cheers john

Phil
26th May 2006, 05:26 PM
Enjoy it as much as you can! Take care and dont take no crap.

zerodegrees
31st May 2006, 12:25 PM
hey guys,

just back from my marathon week of re-training and my first trip to Boston! I was so knackered by the time I got there I had to keep looking at my name badge to remind me of who I was!

The flight was ok. The back was well achy half way thru the flight but managed to get a half hour in the bunks which eased it off.

The crew were great & it was strange but nice being back.

john

mark
31st May 2006, 12:55 PM
Great news John, glad it all went well for you

Abbi
31st May 2006, 03:17 PM
Glad your first day back went well! It is strange going back again isn't it? Its like you've never been away! :squeeze: Well done!