PDA

View Full Version : Hey all, update.

Phil
29th April 2006, 12:13 PM
Hello all, life has been very up and down recently so have not been about much.

I'm pretty much ok about myself at present although having a few personal issues. I am concerned though that I have lost around an inch in height and my head in a relaxed position is very much forward, similar to the kyphosis head position.

This does concern me greatly, it's something I will bring up at my 6 months appointment 20th of May. Also, consistent with the scoliosis I guess. My right shoulder blade sticks out way more that before. A piece of the metal work on my left hand side right at the natural apex sticks out and makes it painful and difficult sitting in fitting seats like cars.

Thats pretty much me at present. Still no restrictions lifted so I will be waiting until the 6 month to see what happens.

My return to work is still pending a decision from the Home Office, my surgeon has sent his report.

Hope you're all well.

mark
29th April 2006, 02:26 PM
Hello Phil

Sorry to hear about how your feeling right now it must be tough not having had any restrictions lifted by your Dr. Lets hope he has some answers to your concerns when you go to visit him on the 20th. Its not that far away and hopefullyhe will have some good news for you.

Take care and take it easy mate

mark

Jonny
30th April 2006, 01:57 AM
Hiya Phil

Glad to hear you're OK and I hope the personal things sort themselves soon - some things like that can eat away at you far more than constant pain can.

Where abouts is the prominent metalwork? is it in the middle or at one end of your fusion? I'm sure you're fine, but it's definitely something to bring up with your surgeon ASAP.

Abbi
30th April 2006, 05:22 PM
Hey phil! Great to see you on Sso again.....we've missed you!

I am sorry to hear about the personal problems - I know how (like Jonny said) they can eat away at you more than pain! I'll pray for you...

I can't believe it'll be 6months for you soon - it seemed just like yesterday when you were going into hospital - how time flies eh?
I hope nothing serious is wrong...good luck with the appt - I hope you can have some restrictions lifted, and are able to go back to work! :squeeze:

Abbi :-)

ScoliJess
3rd May 2006, 11:16 AM
Hey Phil,

Sorry to hear you've not been so good, hope everythng gets sorted soon. As the others have said, sometimes the personal probs get to you more than the pain.

Make sure you bring all your worries up at your appointment, hope you can get back to work soon. I'm sure it'll al be good.

Jess :squeeze:

titch
3rd May 2006, 08:46 PM
Heya - I've been meaning to reply to this thread for ages. About all I can say really is fingers crossed with the height loss and whatever - I think I've told you over MSN that I went through several abrupt and worrisome changes in posture during my recovery, and definitely settled out shorter than I was initially. I have a suspicion that is a bigger likelihood with surgery that acts on a significant sagittal imbalance. I'd think it's not impossible that once you're recovered enough some physiotherapy may help you get your neck back up a bit - with as stiff as you are initially with the swelling and muscle trauma, it might be that you're just tending to fall back to old postural habits now that some of the trauma has settled and healed.

:squeeze:

zerodegrees
4th May 2006, 08:06 AM
Hi Phil, good to see you back. Sorry to hear your going thru the mill a bit. I've lost about 1/2" in total since surgery. As you know I had shoulder blade problems too but these seem to be rectified with physio.

Good luck for the 20th may mate!

cheers

john

Amazed Jean
5th May 2006, 11:15 AM
Phil, I was so sorry to read that you are having some troubles. I'll say a prayer for you and hope you feel better soon.

sins
5th May 2006, 11:27 AM
Hi Phil,You're very much missed on sso.I know this has been a difficult experience for you,and you may have some worries about the success of the surgery.try to put all worries about the career issues to one side for a moment if you can.
There are two possibilities,one is that you may be worrying unnecessarily and everything will come right once you get back to normal routine.The other possibility is that your metalwork has come loose, unlikely, but you need to tackle the issue with your consultant, especially if you feel there's a loss of correction.if you feel you're having discomfort with the metalwork, phone the clinic and ask if your consultant can fit you in for an earlier appointment as you have some concerns you need to address.In the meantime, please post or ctah us on msn.you don't have to face this on your own.
Sins

Little Ali
6th May 2006, 11:38 PM
Hi Phil,

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. You know where we are if you need to talk things through. :squeeze:

I agree with Sins. Make sure you get an appointment with your consultant asap so you can be checked out and anything that needs to be can be put right quickly. Try not to worry about work (although I know that's easier said than done) Your health and well-being is much more important.

Take care :hug:

BeckyH
7th May 2006, 12:44 PM
i hope you get an answer to your issues, phil, it's not great to have them dragging on. i'll echo the others: you're missed around here :squeeze:

Phil
15th May 2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks guys, all very positive and helpful as always. My appointment is now on the 25th of May as my surgeon is away or something.

Work have come through and my surgeon has confirmed his support for my return on light duties in June as long as all is ok.

Shoulder blade area of metal work still causing pain, im managing for the mean time and just looking forward to seeing surgeon and getting into some kind of routine.

My computer is down at present, cant afford for it to be fixed either so using parents. Joy! Hope you're all ok, missing you all :)

mark
17th May 2006, 10:03 PM
i hope they can can give you some positive news Phil, i really do
take it easy mate

Where all missing you too

Mark

Abbi
17th May 2006, 10:51 PM
Aww brilliant news phil....I am gald you are cleared to do light duties in June! Its great being able to get a proper routine into your life again! I hope the appointment goes well on the 25th!

Take care! :squeeze:

mark
24th May 2006, 10:37 AM
Good luck for tomorrow Phil, were all thinking of you let us know how it goes

take care

mark

Phil
26th May 2006, 04:25 PM
Hi all, appointment yesterday, I can drive, go bank to part time work doing light duties and have had a few other restrictions lifted. Have been told no heavy lifting, contact sports etc etc for another year.

Told him about my shoulder blade difficulty and he was not really bothered. He also confirmed that I had lost some correction but this is due to stuff settling down.

All in all, ok and he was very pleased. So back to work I go next month. Only part time thankfully. Thanks all and I'm still about even though my computer has gone bye bye.

Hope you're all well :) PS, Any meet ups being planned?

BeckyH
26th May 2006, 04:56 PM
what happened about the metalwork concerns you had?

there's a trip to ireland in the last weekend of august which i can't make it too (already had plans) but i don't think as such there's anything in the immediate future

mark
26th May 2006, 05:21 PM
Great news Phil, now perhaps you caqn start getting getting back into the old routine. Sorry to hear about the computer are you still using the one at your mum and dads ?

take care

mark

:niceone: