PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Phil
2nd March 2006, 10:55 PM
I lent back against a hard computer chair and felt something touch the chair before my whole back did. I had a good feel up and down my back and found 2 sticky out bits either side of my spine. They are three quarters up my spine, roughly at the apex of a natural kyphosis.

Having felt this all of a sudden has concerned me a little, just making sure this is ok before i call my surgeon in the morning!

mark
2nd March 2006, 11:02 PM
Hi Phil, i would call your surgeon or at least the clinic and explain the situation and get some advice. It may be something or nothing but its best to get it checked out. I hope it is nothing to worry about

zerodegrees
3rd March 2006, 11:32 AM
Phil, I had something a bit similar. Mine turned out to be my shoulder blades not sitting at the correct angle. The hospital said that during surgery they were practically "hanging off" & take a while to get back into position. This was helped with physio.

Yours might be something else so best to check with your hospital, give them a ring to put your mindat rest.

I was on the phone all the time to them with different worries. Hopefully yours isnt anything to concern yourself with.

fingers crossed

john

Phil
3rd March 2006, 12:18 PM
Late last night i got my dad to feel up and down my back, he can feel each of the screw things. Just two at the formentioned level stick out further. I did not realise i would be able to feel the metalwork. I still have no sensation in my back or side so it's a little harder to figure out at times.

titch
3rd March 2006, 02:31 PM
As it goes, even as big as I am, you can feel the rods in a couple of places - and I have *plenty* of padding :P When is your next appointment due? There's no harm in giving them a call though in the meantime, just to let them know that you've noted it :-) It's unlikely to be anything that you need to worry about, so fingers crossed!

Phil
3rd March 2006, 02:35 PM
My next appointment is 20th of March Titch, so thinking of waiting as i feel secure-ish and no pain. Just something that i was suprised about and shocked me.

Jonny
3rd March 2006, 06:24 PM
When you feel prominent metalwork, there's reason to be a little worried if there's been a sudden change in the metalwork, a change in your shape, or any new pain. Otherwise it'll keep until you next see your surgeon :-)

Little Ali
4th March 2006, 04:38 PM
Glad to hear it's not causing you any pain Phil. Just keep an eye on it and keep asking the clinic if you have any worries.

I can feel my bolts when I scratch my back...it's weird! :hammer: