PDA

View Full Version : injection epidural

Little~shedevil~dee
8th July 2004, 10:36 PM
hi every i get my epidural injection in my back tomrrow so right now i am making use of milk and sugar because as of tomrrow i wont beable to have any in some ways i am a bit scared i hope it wont hurt i am not good with pain lol well i am off to bed soon got to get up at 6am :rofl:

Carly
9th July 2004, 12:26 AM
Good Luck Dee! Hope all goe well!

Blair
9th July 2004, 12:37 AM
Good luck Dee! I hope it's not too painful and that it helps you feel better! Chow on some extra sugar and milk for me. I'm off those too...

lindzi_11
9th July 2004, 12:56 AM
:spin: Hey! The best of luck to you! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Kayla
9th July 2004, 01:04 AM
Hey Dee best wishes!!!

Lieve
9th July 2004, 09:43 AM
Good luck Dee!

BarmyArmy
9th July 2004, 09:51 AM
I hope it went okay Dee :hug: , I'm not keen on needles either

Little~shedevil~dee
9th July 2004, 12:51 PM
hi every one i am back my back hurts a lot my legs went numb for a bit the are ok now but i got some pain killers they also gave me a injection in the back of my hand they called it happy stuff lol so right now i cant typ right lol and i keep laughing also when i got sent back i was trying to stick some sticky pads to my nose lol i had a lovely out fit to wear one of them that open at the back and some realy nice paper knickers lol they gave me some toast and drinks i had to get the taxi back as they would let me take they bus

jfkimberly
9th July 2004, 05:10 PM
They let you go in a taxi? They didn't make you have a friend or relative drive you home? Wow.

Maybe I missed something... what was the epidural injection for? I thought you were supposed to get some pain relief from it, not more pain. Was it a spinal tap to look at the CS fluid?

Your outfit sounds just lovely. *giggle* Did you model it for them after they gave you the happy shot?

Little~shedevil~dee
9th July 2004, 05:25 PM
well it was meant to stop the pain but they told me it might not start working untill 10 days they gave me some pain killers they are sending me a letter out to go back to the hopstial and see my doctor
i have a big lump and bruise where they put a needle in my back

the outfit was to die for lol when they took me in the had to pull a bit of the knickers down one of the male nurse got to see my bum lol the knickers where so nice i kept them for my b/f lol

no one in my family drives but i get the taxi money back tho

i saw my b/f a little while ago i had my name tag on still told him i did a runner from the hospital he said to me what are you like lol this happy stuff they game me is still working i was so naughty to my b/f i kept laughing at me and saying naughty things lol

Little~shedevil~dee
9th July 2004, 07:33 PM
know its silly but i have taken a pic of where they gave me the injection heres a pic of my sore hand heres where the put the happy stuff in thats what they called it no me lol
lucky i had my mum with me :niceone:

my back
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v104/denise23uk/back.jpg

my hand
http://img34.photobucket.com/albums/v104/denise23uk/sorehand.jpg

lindzi_11
9th July 2004, 07:42 PM
Haha good job Dee :D

Little~shedevil~dee
9th July 2004, 07:55 PM
yeah i did all by myself lol my brother didnt know how to use the cam so i had to twist my back then press the cam lol

Kayla
9th July 2004, 08:35 PM
lol well I hope you feel better

Joy
10th July 2004, 04:34 PM
Hope it works!!

Little~shedevil~dee
10th July 2004, 04:45 PM
me to :D right now its not tho i am in more pain then before but its only been one day reay so i will wait and see my doctor is sending a letter for me to see her so if i am still in pain at least i can talk about it with her then

Kayla
10th July 2004, 06:35 PM
hmmm how long has it been?

Little~shedevil~dee
10th July 2004, 06:51 PM
well i had it done at 9.40 yesterday morning . the pain is where the injection went in every time i get up orsit down i get a sharp pain when i sit i also get a sharp pain at the bottom of my spine i didnt sleep well last night as i like to sleep on my back every time i did try i would get a sharp pain when i woke this morning i tuned on my back to get up but got such a sharp pain i couldnt move so my mum had to help me get up in the end :(

Kayla
10th July 2004, 08:39 PM
does this injection feel like a spinal tap? because the pain you explained is what I feel lie after spinal taps :(

Little~shedevil~dee
12th July 2004, 02:01 PM
well i looked up spinal tap and it sounds like what i had i had to lie on my side with my knees bent and pulled up with my head down when she put the needle in it was so painfull felt as if she was pushing the needle all the way in my back i have two red spots on my back now where the needles had been my back feels so tight now . whats a spinal tap for

jfkimberly
12th July 2004, 06:14 PM
In a spinal tap, they withdraw some of the CSF (cerebrospinal fluid: a watery fluid, continuously produced and absorbed, which flows in the ventricles, or cavities within the brain and around the surface of the brain and spinal cord) by inserting a needle into the lumbar portion of the spine. After drawing the fluid, they examine it for signs of infection or disease of the central nervous system.

See: http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=7055

Little~shedevil~dee
12th July 2004, 09:04 PM
thanks kim
well my doctor told me it was for to help my back pain and she also said she wanted to see if the pain i was getting was because of scoliosis for because i had a trap nerve or some thing like that i can never understand her all the time also she realy never tels me much in the first place

Marti
12th July 2004, 10:41 PM
ouch! that sounds incredibly painful... i'm cringing just thinking of it. I hope you feel better soon and it helps with the pain! *sends good vibes*

Little~shedevil~dee
12th July 2004, 11:06 PM
it was very painfull lucky i had the nurse holding my hand all the time and thanks for the good vibes you are so sweet . i want the pain to go but i also just want to look normal to

Kayla
13th July 2004, 05:44 PM
The time will come when you can get your surgery :-)

Little~shedevil~dee
13th July 2004, 07:09 PM
i hope so then i will be abable to find some bras to fit me lol some times it makes me so low i say so many silly things my b/f says to me stop being silly