PDA

View Full Version : I've made it back

Gadget
12th February 2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks to all for thinking of us. I'm just getting back into life sorry i've been gone so long. I'm not doing too bad but I am still wobbly at times so please excuse any delays or weirdness. Hopefully there won't be any.
Hope everyone is doing ok and hello to everyone i've not met yet.
G x

sins
12th February 2006, 09:52 PM
Hi gadget and welcome back,
we're very pleased to see you on line again.Even when you feel down, just log on and use the forum as a place to vent.We understand and no matter how bad you feel, we'll be here for you.We have been thinking of you and wondering about Sammi.
has she been given a brace or has she been casted?
Sins

Gadget
12th February 2006, 10:13 PM
I've posted the latest on her in a thread further down asking about her appointment. Thank you for your support, it means a lot to me.
G x

gerbo
13th February 2006, 05:26 PM
I think we were alkl very sorry to hear about your additional problems with your pregnancy, as if having to deal with the scoliosis wasn't enough. Hope thinhs are a bit easier now, so you can focus on the treatment of Sammi.

I gather that you are going to be treated with a brace, which is going to be finally fitted in 3 weeks, or is she wearing something now and she is going to get a different one in 3 weeks?

Do you know what kind of curve you are dealing with. How many degrees etc.

When is your next consultant appointment?

best wishes

gerbo

Gadget
13th February 2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks Gerbo, we are having a brace and she is not wearing anything yet.
We have no idea when the next consultation is going to be or any curve details. As soon as half term holiday is over so i'm not stuck with my eldest as well i'm going to make an appointment with my g.p to see if he knows or can find out for us. The Orthotist (is that what they are called?) said about 2-3 weeks when we asked when it would be ready.
G x

newgirl
14th February 2006, 09:44 PM
Hi Gadget,
Glad to see you back and that you are starting to feel better. Hope that Sammi gets sorted out with her brace soon and that she adjusts to it quickly. Niamh adjusted really quickly to the casts and braces and it does not hold her back at all.
Take care of yourself too.
Nicola