PDA

View Full Version : Need to rant!

Little Ali
19th January 2006, 01:52 PM
:hammer: :help: :woe:

I'm gonna rant cos I'm feeling sorry for myself!! I've just had to come home from work cos I was in so much pain that I couldn't concentrate and I was either gonna cry or tell the customers where to go. :nutter:

I get trapped nerve pain in the thoracolumbular/rib area and it feels like someone is poking me repeatedly with something hot and sharp and it's horrible! Between that added to the achey shoulders and neck from my kyphosis, I'm struggling to cope with it. I've started taking slow release Ibuprofen in the morning as suggested by my doctor and then topping it up with Tramadol, but everything takes hours to have any effect. :nut:

It's making me feel really tired and grumpy and I'm totally fed up! :woe: Especially when a colleague of mine spent the whole day whinging the other day about achey legs after athletics training and I hardly ever say anything about my pain! :hammer:

Ok...that's me done. Just wanted to vent to people who understand.

You guys are great! :squeeze:

Phil
19th January 2006, 01:58 PM
Bless ya Ali. You're a cool person so i know you'll be fine :) Rant away though, everyone has a reason to so why not? I hope it all feels better after a nice sleep or something.

Abbi
19th January 2006, 02:03 PM
Vent and rant all you want ali.....this is one of the reasons SSO is here! I know how you feel sweetie, but I know that won't help the pain go away! I really hope the tramadol is able to ease the pain for you honey! :squeeze:

Oh, and don't you just hate people in work who complain about minor problems like that? ok granted, it probably is sore, but you are in much more pain! Sometimes you feel like saying "aw quit your whining....do you want my problems for an hour" But then, that isn't very nice is it? :P

Hope you feel better soon! :squeeze:

RocketQueen
19th January 2006, 05:44 PM
I think you did the right thing, what an insensitive person to complain about her legs all the time, doesn't she know what you've been through? Grrrr!!! Some ppl! How r u feeling now Ali?

P.s. I added u to msn. x

pips
19th January 2006, 05:50 PM
Ali

Big hug - I hope is eases soon for you.

Pips

Thaleias spirit
19th January 2006, 06:19 PM
I was asked a few times today should I be at work with hip pain. Problem is I can't sit around at home all day (telvision is nice but not distractive enough).
I never really hear the people at work complain with pain and if they ever do, they don't harp on about it.

Although .. I do remember one woman, who after getting eybrows waxed and said wax was a bit too hot and left a mark, went on about how she hoped she wouldnt be scared for life from it ..

If ye only saw the dagger looks I threw at her for it .. you couldnt even see the mark it left. She should spend one day in pain like we do and that would help her put everything intto perspective.

I could rant more .. but that requires me sitting here longer ..
and right now, no can do .. need food and painkillers.

Ali, I hope you've ggotten some relief by now hun.
:squeeze:

butterflylr
19th January 2006, 06:33 PM
Oh my! I'm sorry to hear you are in so much pain. Vent away; we all need to sometimes. I hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

Although you've perked my interest because that sounds like what my pain feels like. Maybe I have some trapped nerves or something? I should maybe ask my doctor about that. I don't know how they determine that or not. But it's hard to describe the way it feels so when you said stabbing with a hot knife I was like "That is exactly what I described it like to my husband!" Hmmm...maybe my "mystery" pain will have an answer at some point in my lifetime...

Lizzie89
19th January 2006, 06:38 PM
Im sorry your not feeling great Ali. It sad to say that pain is something we have to cope with- which isnt fair or good really, and it sure doesnt make you feel any better i know.
I hope what ever happens eases your pain :squeeze:
Just remember you cant be in pain forever, and tomorrows just another day towards a day where you feel abit better.
Hope your feeling better soon
xx
Lizzie

RocketQueen
19th January 2006, 06:39 PM
Ali, are u awaiting any appoitnments? surgeries? physio anything? So sorry, I knwo I only met u on the weekends but it is so hard to keep up with everyone on here-lol.

Butterfly:
I liked ur myspace quize very much btw.

However the point of me addressing u is to say, wasn't it u who asked when to back for a check up? If your having some pians I would say as soon as u are able, and then maybe yearly, or just take it from there. x

Sootyca
19th January 2006, 09:22 PM
*hugs* I'm similar to you at the moment. I think only my manager at work realises how bad it gets at times.

I haven't found any pain relief stuff that works. I keep toying with going to the doctor but haven't plucked up the courage yet (I'm not fond of tablets!).

What no-one at work understands is how I manage to go to the gym regularly. Heck, I don't understand it either. I know within 2 minutes of getting on the treadmill whether I should stay or go. Running is pain free, it's only when I sit or twist that I hurt. Or maybe when I'm running I'm focusing on something other than the pain. Who knows!

Hope you are feeling better soon,

Karen
x

sally333
19th January 2006, 09:34 PM
Sometimes it can be hard to lissen to others complain while you believe your problems are so much worse. There was a lady whare I work who complaned every night about her legs hurting. This went on for months. To the naked eye one would think she was making it sound bigger then it was. Then one day she found the reason for it. She had lung cancer. They did surgery -chemo-and radiation. The cancer was gone so she thought. She was still complaing about not feeling to good and about four months later they found another tumor in her brain and in her lung. I have not been back to work since this happened so I do not now the results as to how she is doing. Its really hard to say as everyone is human and everyone has feelings. One just never knows.

sally333
19th January 2006, 09:37 PM
Oh-I forgot to mention I to have felt the same way as you are right now.
I never will agian I hope as like I said before one never nows. There is not nothing wrong with feeling that way once in a while. Sorry your having alot of pain. Im sill having a hard time after having this surgery two months ago. sometimes I feel as though I might never feel normall again.Then I think about it,it could have been worce.

Little Ali
19th January 2006, 10:00 PM
Although you've perked my interest because that sounds like what my pain feels like. Maybe I have some trapped nerves or something? I should maybe ask my doctor about that.

Yes you should ask your doctor about it! My doctor ad no hesitation in pointing to trapped nerves as the cause of the symptoms. Have you tried codeine?

Ali, are u awaiting any appoitnments? surgeries? physio anything? It wasn't me who asked about when to go back to see my consultant. I have my CT scan next week and then I should get an appointment to see him to discuss my CT and MRI results. He says that surgery is pretty much the only option but he has to decide what to do as I'm 'complicated.'

I do have physio about once a fortnight. I haven't been referred on the NHS so found a private place. I have to pay though...but it's worth it! Don't worry about asking questions...I don't mind answering them!

zerodegrees
20th January 2006, 11:01 AM
Hi Ali,

Rant away mate! Thats what we're here for. Sending you hugs from scotland & a punchbag to cheer you up!

Love john x

mark
20th January 2006, 08:32 PM
Ali i'm so sorry your feeling a little down at the minute. I hope things start to pick up soon and you start feeling more like yourself. You know my email address if you fancy a chat.

Take care

Mark

mark
23rd February 2006, 10:03 PM
Hi Ali how are things with you now i hope things are better

Little Ali
23rd February 2006, 10:43 PM
Awwww! Thanks Mate! :squeeze: I'm feeling slightly better now that I know something is going to be done about it. I've made a bit of a fuss about it at work so they know I struggle sometimes. I guess it just gets to me sometimes.

It's a great relief to know that you and the other SSoers understand are here to help me out though :niceone:

mark
23rd February 2006, 11:03 PM
I'm glad you told your employer you were needing a little bit of help Ali. Now they will maybe give that little bit of extra support you need.

mark