PDA

View Full Version : A bad time

Lieve
1st July 2004, 10:42 PM
After 4 days of suffering I called my PT today to reschedule the appointment of next thursday. It started all sundaynight when I woke up of my shoulder being sore without any reason. Now 4 days later my back still burning, the shoulder still sore, my hand is feeling sleepy and I started to get a headache too.

Blair
1st July 2004, 10:51 PM
Yuk. I hate it when back/shoulder stuff messes with nerves. My left shoulder just loves to tighten up and make my pinky and ring fingers go numb.
I hope you're feeling better soon!

tonibunny
1st July 2004, 11:03 PM
Oh you poor thing Lieve :( It's always horrid when pain hits for days on end. I hope it gets better soon :hug:

Carly
1st July 2004, 11:03 PM
Oh Lieve... that doesnt sound good. I would get that checked out. Good luck and you will be in my thoughts

DublinPauline
1st July 2004, 11:04 PM
Aw, that sounds rotten, hopefully your PT can sort it out.

Liv
2nd July 2004, 12:09 AM
This aint good. :( Did you take something for the pain? (if yes, did it help?) Hmm, if this gets worse you should really see a doctor. And if you don't want to, I'll drag you to one! ;-)

Lieve
2nd July 2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Liv@Jul 1 2004, 11:09 PM
And if you don't want to, I'll drag you to one! ;-)
You know me you'll have to drag me to the doctor! :oops:
Yesterday I have something taken for the headache and that helped. At least the most annoying pain is gone away. ;-)

Thank you all for the kind words, I'll go to see my PT this evening and Liv, I have an appointment with the doctor next monday. I've made it for something else but when I'm there I could ask her to examine this too.

I'll let you know how it went.

Liv
2nd July 2004, 11:23 AM
Now that's a good girl! ;-) You're not planning to go skating this weekend, are you?

Lieve
2nd July 2004, 12:29 PM
There is a race in Brugge this weekend. :roll:
I'll not compete, ok? :mope:

Liv
2nd July 2004, 01:14 PM
That's something you have to decide yourself! But I think you're smart enough...

Lieve
2nd July 2004, 10:11 PM
This evening I went to my PT and indeed my back and neck were blocked. He also gave a massage around the nerves to regain the feeling in my hand.

At the moment my shoulder and back remain sore but I assume that's quite normal and it will go away after a few days. Nevertheless I have not cancelled my appointment of next thursday for all security.

And I'm not going to the races at all. It would be too tempting when I would go.

Liv
5th July 2004, 01:36 PM
How is that pain now?

lindzi_11
5th July 2004, 06:33 PM
Heyhey. . i'm new here and i have the same problem! Like my hands would go numb alot and my legs and arms even tighten up sometimes. Tell me how you can overcome it cuz its super annoying. I may have to stop rollerblading cuz it bothers me so much. :help:

Lieve
6th July 2004, 12:02 AM
I'm always nervous when it is about to see a doctor, usual I have a lot of questions and once an a while a problem. You know usually I close the door without an answer on my questions and no examination of the problem at all .. silly me. :nutter:

But not today whoohoo I asked her to examine my shoulder and she told me it seems to be a shoulder tendinitis. I guess that's why my shoulder remains still sore. At least now I know what it is.

Lieve
11th July 2004, 11:07 PM
It's now two weeks ago it all started. My PT confirmed my thoughs about all this. I assume it started in my neck with the blocked nerves what caused the shoulder tendinitis determined by the doctor. The PT took care of the sore spot including my neck and back what gave some relief. Tomorrow I'll try some new medication I ordered by the pharmacy to cure the tendinitis, Phlogenzym, somebody knows it?

Lindsay, I'm addicted to rollerblading too. :jump: Once my legs went numb too, you're right it can be very annoying but not enough to stop. Even while it causes me a lot of extra back pain when I've overload myself on training it's still not enough for me to quit it. I know I'm nutz sometimes :nutter: