View Full Version : How did the appointment go Gadget?

5th January 2006, 02:12 PM
Hi Gadget

Understandably you haven't been around much lately, but I was wondering how your appointment went on the 28th? You said you were determined to get some answers - I hope you did.

Hope you managed to have a relaxing Christmas with your children and hubbie. Let us know how things are and if we can do anything to help.

Take care

12th January 2006, 03:21 PM
I hope Gadget is managing O.K. It's a very difficult thing to go through :-(

12th February 2006, 10:36 PM
Hello thank you for thinking of us. I'm sorry it's been so long but i'm just getting back into life.
Christmas was rather horrible but we made sure that the kids enjoyed themselves.
We didn't get any answers on the 28th but then i don't think they knew anything, we had to tell them why we were there as they knew we were there for a scan but didn't know why, they hadn't been told.
As usual it wasn't straight forward but for once that was just Sammi and nothing to do with the hospital. They sedated her and an hour later she was still wide awake. She eventually fell asleep but it wasn't very deep and as a result she woke up the second the scanner started ( gods those things are loud) So we abandonned the attempt and took her back up, they gave her some toast, she had a drink and promply fell asleep in the middle of her chocolate buttons ( they gave both girls a selection box and a toy and book, it was really nice of them.) After she had been asleep for 3/4 of an hour we tried again and this time we managed it. She was obviously too hungry and thirsty to go to sleep the first time.
We went for her rough fitting on Wenesday. We are going to call it her teddy armour cause it's got teddies on it and looks like the body peice of a suit of armour (well we thought so). She remembered the man who did it tho she was quite happy till he appeared and called us thru. She took one look art him and screamed till the appointment was over and we were leaving lol, good job we weren't there long.
I have noticed though that even when she had it on and was reasonably straight in her back she still wasn't standing straight, do you think it's just habit or could it be that her pelvis being tilted to one side isn't to do with her back? I know that unless they actually say we will just have to wait and see.
They said it should only be 2-3 weeks till the next fitting, just hope they are right.
Thank you again for your thoughts.
G x