PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck with today's cast change Niamh !

Sealy
22nd December 2005, 06:33 PM
Hi Nicola,

I just popped in to wish you and Niamh lots of good thoughts for today's cast change. I've been really busy lately getting ready for the holidays and also hubby is on vacation and he sure is a handful :glee: So if I don't talk to you until after the holidays, have a wonderful Christmas :squeeze:

sins
22nd December 2005, 08:51 PM
Good luck with the casting Nicola! You'll have fun facing the Dublin traffic I reckon.Hope it all goes well for Niamh.
Sealy, have a fab Christmas and good luck with the husband taming, just keep him fed and well sedated with Christmas drinks.
Enjoy!
Sins

Sealy
23rd December 2005, 03:37 PM
Thanks Sins ! He's out right now playing hockey with his buddies. :-D I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year :squeeze:

Love,

Sealy

gerbo
23rd December 2005, 04:01 PM
Sealy; as you tend to hang around in this forum, I'll wish you a very happy and relaxed christmas and "Frohliche Weinachten" for your husband (if he still know his roots!?)

best wishes

gerbo :spin: :spin: :spin:

newgirl
28th December 2005, 10:03 PM
Sorry it has taken so long to update you, we were away for a few days and I didn't get a chance to log on before we left.
The cast change went fine but they were very busy on the day so we didn't get to speak to the consultant just the registrar for a few minutes and we got a quick look at her latest x-ray. They were very pleased and it does look as though the correction achieved the last time has been maintained but they did not have time to measure the curve. I thought the x-ray looked v good, but I will give them a ring in Jan to see if we can get a proper measurement. Next change the 16th March.

Niamh was great coming round this time, very few tears and was up running around less than an hour after coming back from theatre. The nurses were so good to her they gave everybody in the ward christmas pressies and Niamh arrived down from theatre with a red cast specially for Christmas. They usually only bring blue POP up to theatre but one of the nurses requested red for Niamh and they sent it up specially which I thought was very sweet.

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and the very best wishes for new year to you all.
Nicola

Thaleias spirit
28th December 2005, 10:15 PM
nicola it's great news that the curve hs been maintained. Niamh manages so well with her cast, my mom is still amazed at how she reacts to it and how she runs around.

It's also a lovely gesture from the nurses about requesting a red cast. It's amazing how little things like that can excite a child, especialy during the christmas period.

Tell her I'm very proud of her for being so brave and I'll see her (and you) again in the new year.

chele