7th December 2005, 11:22 AM
good luck tomorrow Celia, will be thinking of you :niceone: :niceone:

gerbo :spin: :spin:

zerodegrees
7th December 2005, 11:43 AM
good luck!

jfkimberly
7th December 2005, 11:56 AM
*crosses fingers* Good luck! I really hope you get a good report.

Abbi
7th December 2005, 03:52 PM
good luck - hope it goes well :-)

Thaleias spirit
7th December 2005, 11:18 PM
Tomorrow is the appointment? wow .. time has gone so fast !
Sealy, I hope you get the results you are yearning for!
Best of luck to you and Deirdre.
:squeeze:

newgirl
7th December 2005, 11:23 PM
Really hope it all goes well tomorrow Sealy,
time really has flown
Nicola

andrea
8th December 2005, 02:18 PM
Sorry I'm late. Hope all is going well today. I have a feeling you'll be smiling!

mark
8th December 2005, 11:41 PM
Best wishes Celia

DublinPauline
9th December 2005, 12:05 AM
Good luck today! :niceone:

Sealy
9th December 2005, 05:08 AM
Hey Gang,

Thank-you for the wonderful well wishes !!!! We just got back from Montreal within the last hour and I'm too hyper to sleep so I thought I'd update all of you on the very latest !!!!! WELL the Spinecor is doing a FANTASTIC job......Deirdre's curve is now "1" degree in the brace !! As soon as we returned to the clinic from radiology, Dr. Rivard called out from his office in front of about 10 people that Deirdre's curve is at "1" degree !!! LOL It was really an exciting moment for all of us and I'm thrilled with the Spinecor brace and I'm forever grateful to Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard for developing this brace !!!!!! O.K........I'm ready to crash !

celia

Marti
9th December 2005, 05:45 AM
woohoo! :jump: :party: That's wonderful! I'm so glad the Spinecor is working well!

Amazed Jean
9th December 2005, 06:00 AM
Some days really beautiful things happen. This time the beautiful stuff happened to Sealy and family! Woo Hoo! They deserve it!

jfkimberly
9th December 2005, 07:21 AM
All I can say is

:clap: F <span style='color:orange'>A N T A S T I C ! </span> :clap:

gerbo
9th December 2005, 10:57 AM
Celia, so delighted for all of you. How is your husband about it, as he has left it all to you to sort out. He must have thought at times, what the hell is she trying to achieve now....... Your efforts are clearly paying of. Again, very happy for you :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: and :cheers: and :squeeze:

gerbo

gerbo
9th December 2005, 11:13 AM
wonder what dr Nottomcruise will think about this......

DublinPauline
9th December 2005, 11:40 AM
Wonderful news! :jump: :jump: :jump:

sins
9th December 2005, 12:15 PM
This is wonderful news sealy.I couldn't be happier for you and for Deirdre.This gives great encouragement to potential spinecor users.
You must be on a total high.I'm also impressed that your doc measured a 1 deg curve.
Sins

titch
9th December 2005, 12:41 PM
I ought to search, but anyway..... I think it's measured by a computer reading the digital xrays?

Sealy
9th December 2005, 02:50 PM
I'm at an all time high right now and I'm almost in tears ! It's so wonderful that we can maintain her curve and she can still live a relatively normal life. Of course my husband is thrilled with the news and relieved she won't have to go back to casts. We have an appointment scheduled in March with Dr. Alman and I was thinking of skipping it because Deirdre is so sick of hospitals right now, but I should go back just so he could see what a wonderful job the Spinecor brace is doing. Regarding the 1 degree curve, everything is done with computers and the angles are measured by a computer program - there are no hard copies involved. Anyway....the kids are calling. Bye for now :squeeze:

gerbo
9th December 2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Sealy@Dec 9 2005, 01:50 PM
We have an appointment scheduled in March with Dr. Alman and I was thinking of skipping it because Deirdre is so sick of hospitals right now, but I should go back just so he could see what a wonderful job the Spinecor brace is doing.
If he was generally supportive before, I would go and show him, if only for the benefit of his future patients. If he wasn't I wouldn't as he is only going to give conflicting advice.

Did they make any adjustments/ thightening up etc? Did you get your spare parts? Did they mention the to be published studyresults?

Anyway, what do I hear there (kind of magically over the internet).....sound of sleighbells.......carolsinging........Sounds as if Christmas has come early for someone.....

gerbo :spin: :spin: :spin:

mark
9th December 2005, 05:42 PM
Great news i am really pleased for Deirdre wow what a xmas present. You and your family deserve the good news.

*does a jig*

Thaleias spirit
9th December 2005, 09:11 PM
:-o Oh My Gosh !!! That is absolutely fantastic news !!

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

I can just imagine the total relief and joy you are feeling right now!!
I could cry myself at such good news...

I would still follow up on the appointment in March, if nothing just to show the dr exactly how good a correction ye got and it may be enough to let him see with enough determintaion that something can be done.

:squeeze:

jfkimberly
9th December 2005, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Thaleias spirit@Dec 9 2005, 03:11 PM
...if nothing just to show the dr eactlt how good a correction ye got...
Is that word that I can't decipher "exactly"? I can't tell you how long I puzzled over it.

Thaleias spirit
9th December 2005, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by jfkimberly+Dec 9 2005, 08:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jfkimberly @ Dec 9 2005, 08:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Thaleias spirit@Dec 9 2005, 03:11 PM
...if nothing just to show the dr eactlt how good a correction ye got...
Is that word that I can't decipher "exactly"? I can't tell you how long I puzzled over it. [/b][/quote]
:oops:

um yes .. sorry .. my brain isn't functioning like it should right now.
i think it's burnt out after a stressful working week.

I edited it so that I don't cause confusion to anyone else

me -> :nutter: :spin: :idiot:

jfkimberly
10th December 2005, 10:26 AM
I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make a big deal over it. It's just that with "dr" in front, I wondered if it was someone's name, or what. I really was just a bit confused.

Congratulations surviving a stressful week. Now enjoy your weekend.

zerodegrees
10th December 2005, 02:09 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This really is the best news! I am so pleased for you all. What a great start to the festive period.

Long may it continue.

Love john xxx

Sealy
10th December 2005, 04:20 PM
You're all so sweet, you're making me cry. Have I told you I love you all so much :squeeze:

mark
10th December 2005, 07:42 PM
We are all so happy for you Sealy and you have proved that there is an alternative to surgery. Your determination to do the best by your family is really inspiring. Now go on a really long holiday and forget about things until your next visit to your consultant.

Sealy
11th December 2005, 11:48 PM
Mark,

The only time I'll be able to really let go of this scoliosis journey is when Deirdre has finished growing and I can say: "YES my daughter is straight!" Until then, I'll just worry :woe: I think that's what moms do best ?

Abbi
12th December 2005, 12:16 AM
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! :jump: well done! :bounce: soooo pleased for u all! :niceone:

mark
12th December 2005, 10:14 PM
Yes Sealy your whole out look on life changes when you become a parent. You will literaly do anything for them