PDA

View Full Version : Phil's Throne!

Phil
1st December 2005, 02:07 PM
Arrived the social services van this morning with my gear for after surgery.

Phil thinks to himself "wow, finally he will get a throne just like Princess Abbi".
Knock knock goes the door, I answer as I am faced with my throne >

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/phil3...01122005001.jpg (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/phil3822/01122005001.jpg)
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y27/phil3822/01122005.jpg
:nut:

zerodegrees
1st December 2005, 03:11 PM
How terribly stylish! Did you get a grabber & extra high toilet seat too? I have a rather lovely throne too though mine is definetely less stylish a geared towards a slightly older person!

Prepare for the post surgery world my friend!

Abbi
1st December 2005, 03:42 PM
what in the world!!!! :-? that is no throne at all......ring them up and demand u want a throne instead!!!! LOL!!!!! :hammer:

Did u get anything else, I got a shower stool and a high toliet seat too (which I told them I didnt need.....I think I used it for about a week and it annoyed me, so it sat in my room for the rest of the time) lol!!!

For anyone who didn't see it.....

This is it, with me looking like a total dork! (http://photobucket.com/albums/v408/Abbi/?action=view&current=Posers007.jpg) tried the princess look.....but didnt have a crown at that point! lol

Phil
1st December 2005, 04:04 PM
Yeah i got a high toilet seat and that was it. My excuse of a throne and a toilet seat raiser thing. Wonderful!

Abbi
1st December 2005, 04:16 PM
awww *hugs phil* ur still a king though - ur crown shows it! :P

Phil
1st December 2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Abbi@Dec 1 2005, 04:16 PM
awww *hugs phil* ur still a king though - ur crown shows it! :P
:joke:

sins
1st December 2005, 04:51 PM
At least it's a neutral colour. I was so looking forward to calling you Prince Philip, but perhaps one of those is quite enough..

zerodegrees
1st December 2005, 05:37 PM
abbi - you got the same throne as me! Must be a celtic thing! I also got a long handled shoe horn but haven't used it as I can't get my socks on yet & can't find the thread that had "sock-putting-on"!

Abbi
1st December 2005, 05:44 PM
John, you will find the sock thread here (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/ipboard/index.php?s=&showtopic=2090)

I started one a while ago, when I couldnt put on socks! Hope that helped!

oooh how cool is that, that we got the same thrones! I didn't know you had one.....King Johnathon :P!

RocketQueen
1st December 2005, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry Phil I have to say. I muh prefer Miss Abbi's throne. x

rosie
1st December 2005, 07:03 PM
i got a chair identical to that! i had forgotten! :-)
xxxx

Little Ali
1st December 2005, 08:44 PM
Poor Phil! I think he's been somewhat hard done by! :hammer: Compain Phil!

I hope they do better than that after my op!! :rant:

Thaleias spirit
1st December 2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil@Dec 1 2005, 02:07 PM
They provide any accessories you'll need?
I hadn't realised that.

Wonder if thats the case here... :roll:

Maggie
1st December 2005, 09:31 PM
Sorry Phil but I prefer Abbi's. Abbi I like the whole princess thing you've got going on maybe you should try it again with the crown would look so much better :P. I want one now! I only have to wait x number of months.

Jules
1st December 2005, 09:42 PM
Wow you guys are so lucky I got NOTHING! after my op! I would have loved a throne after it and anything else that was going! :cry:

Phil
1st December 2005, 10:25 PM
Yep Chele, they will provide me with anything i need to make my time better. The refused my request for a stair lift, hoist for the shower and electric off road buggy.

Thaleias spirit
1st December 2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Phil@Dec 1 2005, 10:25 PM
Yep Chele, they will provide me with anything i need to make my time better. The refused my request for a stair lift, hoist for the shower and electric off road buggy.
OOH electric off road buggy !!
That would be great !!

although .. maybe everyone would be safer if I didn't have one. I almost pushed Ali into a wall *twice* in Swindon when I decided to give her a helping hand and pushed her wheelchair along.

:woe: it wasn't deliberate, honest ...

Abbi
1st December 2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Maggie@Dec 1 2005, 09:31 PM
Abbi I like the whole princess thing you've got going on maybe you should try it again with the crown would look so much better :P
Maggie - i'd love to! I'd love to have an outfit, crown and wand, and be all princess like, but my throne was taken away from me on monday! :cry:
so I am back to my regular computer chair! *snif*

jfkimberly
1st December 2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Thaleias spirit+Dec 1 2005, 03:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Thaleias spirit @ Dec 1 2005, 03:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Phil@Dec 1 2005, 02:07 PM
They provide any accessories you'll need?
I hadn't realised that.

Wonder if thats the case here... :roll: [/b][/quote]
They don't do that here. It's up to us (or our families/friends who are assisting us) to figure out the things we need and get them for us.

Phil
1st December 2005, 11:58 PM
I must say i was impressed with service, albeit not happy with the chair but hey. They asked me if there was anything else i needed but i could not think of anything.

Abbi
2nd December 2005, 12:26 AM
Did they give u a shower stool....u may need it! my stuff came a day after I got home, which sucked! I went and had a shower on my own standing up 9days post op - nearly fainted with the heat, and my mum had a fit! lol!

so a shower chair would be needed maybe!

zerodegrees
2nd December 2005, 11:29 AM
abbi - you are fantastic!!!!! Socks are on!!!! Hooooorrrrraaaaayyyyy!!!! Des usually puts them on but forgot yesterday so I had ice blocks for feet yesterday. I spent an hour trying to slide into my socks using my grabber thing to no avail and ended up with only one sock on & looked totally eccentric!

Phil
2nd December 2005, 11:41 AM
Yes Abbi, I may give them a call today for a shower seat and a grabber thing. Woohoo, freebies....

I only took pics of them so i can sell them on ebay later.

Abbi
2nd December 2005, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by zerodegrees@Dec 2 2005, 11:29 AM
abbi - you are fantastic!!!!! Socks are on!!!!
I'm not the fantastic one! Its Jonny, or whoever it was that showed me the technique! I just posted the link to the thread!

But well done John! Its great to be able to do it yourself again, and feel less like a baby, however in swindon, I sat for 10mins trying to get my socks on, I think its cos I was on the floor and not a chair or something!
but yay for you....thats great, a new little achievement! :niceone:

rosie
3rd December 2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Phil@Dec 2 2005, 11:41 AM
I only took pics of them so i can sell them on ebay later.
you get to keep them? i had to return all my stuff.

Lizzie89
3rd December 2005, 01:58 PM
I had to return myself
I got:
Shower bench thingy
raised toilet seat
Grabber
and a LHS (long handled sponge)

I didnt get a throne :-( i had to borrow my dads mates mums old chair. It looks quite regal really lol

Jonny
3rd December 2005, 05:42 PM
Stanmore OT, both times: raised toilet seat, bathboard (or Lizzie's "shower bench thingy" :-)) and used the 'Helping Hand' grabber and perching stool from my mum's hip replacement that she's still got.

Jules
3rd December 2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Abbi@Dec 2 2005, 12:26 AM
Did they give u a shower stool....u may need it! my stuff came a day after I got home, which sucked! I went and had a shower on my own standing up 9days post op - nearly fainted with the heat, and my mum had a fit! lol!

so a shower chair would be needed maybe!
When I was only 5 days post-op I had a shower in hopsital standing up, they didn't offer me any kind of shower stool, I nearly fainted and when i got back to my bed I was so tired I slept for 2 hours straight away!

It would have been so much easier with a shower stool! :-)

Jonny
3rd December 2005, 10:39 PM
Stanmore ADU have two shower rooms, both with shower chairs, and I was forbidden pain of death to shower standing up for months!

(I stood up anyway at home - it was so awkward staying sitting down and having to ask someone to come in and turn the shower on and hand you the hose while you wear a flannel...)

jfkimberly
4th December 2005, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Lizzie89@Dec 3 2005, 08:58 AM
I had to return myself
I got:
Shower bench thingy
raised toilet seat
Grabber
and a LHS (long handled sponge)

I didnt get a throne :-( i had to borrow my dads mates mums old chair. It looks quite regal really lol
Please tell me you didn't return the sponge. :-?

Lizzie89
4th December 2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Jonny@Dec 3 2005, 05:42 PM
Stanmore OT, both times: raised toilet seat, bathboard (or Lizzie's "shower bench thingy" :-))

Shtup Jonny thats what i meant :-P

Kim- Oh no! lmao! the LSH and the helping hand grabber i paid money for, so they're mine n i dont have to return them :-D

Thaleias spirit
4th December 2005, 09:21 PM
I know our healthcare system probably has different rules to those of you in the Uk / elsehwere ...

but these items, did you have to contact someone about getting these items prior to surgery or was it all pre-arranged for you?

And these all a total necessity?
Would it be extremely awkward to manage without them?

rosie
4th December 2005, 10:01 PM
for me, i was given them all on the day i left hospital. dont think i had to pre-arrange anything.
i got raised toilet seat, grabber and chair.
i just had to return them when i no longer needed them.
personally, i couldnt have coped without them. well, they certainly made things easier. :-)

xxx