PDA

View Full Version : chest pain

Little~shedevil~dee
28th June 2004, 11:29 PM
i have got realy bad chest pain my chest feels so tight . it really hurt to breath out has this happen to any one else is it because of my scoliosis? what can i do to stop it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

sins
29th June 2004, 01:23 AM
I don't think it's because of scoliosis.When you go back in July ask the doc if it's related to your other medical issues.Also stress has a funny habit of causing side effects like that.Try to relax more and see if it helps.

Lieve
29th June 2004, 11:35 AM
I think Sins has it right. I have had this before but I'm a stressy person too :idiot:
Btw it always went away as it came.. after a few hours, a day, a few days.. it depends on how stressy I am I guess and how easy I can relax.
Asking the doctor is always a good idea ;)
Hopefully you are feeling better soon :hug:

mark
29th June 2004, 11:51 AM
Thats one of the reasons i started trying to get answers because my lung function has drastically reduced over the last couple of years and i do suffer from a pain right in the middle of my chest and it does feel really tight at times which is no fun and very scary when you are struggling to catch your breathe

Little~shedevil~dee
29th June 2004, 01:29 PM
i feel a bit better funny thing it started to feel better after i took my bra off lol could it be from my bra digging in to my rib hump .thanks guys for your help

Liv
29th June 2004, 02:20 PM
Now that you mention it, yes. When my chest feels a bit tight, it can be very relieving to take my bra off for a while! :roll:

mark
29th June 2004, 04:58 PM
me too :-D

Liv
29th June 2004, 05:07 PM
:-o :-o :-o Mark---> :thwack: <---all sso girls!

mark
29th June 2004, 05:20 PM
Yipes better start running to the mens room again

sins
29th June 2004, 05:44 PM
Having said that it is possible to get some very weird pain from scoliosis across your chest area.As yours is mild scoliosis Dee I can't imagine it's from that.I got a pain a few nights ago which was like a nerve pain across one of my left ribs and through the sternum.I thought it was a blood clot or something and I was actually feeling very worried about it.It lasted about 20 mins and when I rolled onto my left side it was like a shapr stabbing pain all down my left side........most likely an ancient dodgy spine

Jonny
29th June 2004, 07:01 PM
Hope it gets better, all those in pain. Remember, comfort is always paramount over fashion, girls.

titch
30th June 2004, 11:11 AM
Wearing the wrong band size of bra can actually cause all manner of pains and even symptoms which mimic asthma or panic because of difficulty adequately catching your breath :-o

Little~shedevil~dee
30th June 2004, 03:04 PM
thats the problem i have diffent sizes

Kayla
30th June 2004, 05:54 PM
sorry I have not responded to this but I used to get this all the time after or before my surgeries I dont know what it was though

jfkimberly
30th June 2004, 10:16 PM
I don't mean to go against the crowd here, but I should think that if you're having a new difficulty breathing that it is something to bring up with your doctor sooner, rather than later. Until you know what it is, you shouldn't dismiss it out of hand. It might be nothing more than a too-tight bra strap, but it might also be something serious. I don't want to cause you to worry, but I think you should treat it seriously until you figure out what it is.

Little~shedevil~dee
1st July 2004, 02:03 AM
well i am seeing dr guirguis on the 9 so i will ask the kimalso i have had a few other probems i keep felling dizy once i got so bad i fell over room went black for a bit i am trying to worrie right now as i get my test results back tomrrow about my lump like to get that over done with first

Jonny
1st July 2004, 12:34 PM
Only just thought of this but occasionally (very occasionally, no more than once a month) I get a very brief stabbing-like pain in my ribs, and I'm pre-op still. Like a one second, very painful stitch.

Little~shedevil~dee
3rd July 2004, 02:11 PM
i get the pain every day if fells like some ones pressing very hard on my rip cage some times it lasts for seconds other time hours

lindzi_11
5th July 2004, 08:44 PM
aw hun i'm sorry to hear that. i have alot of pain rollerblading and my hands go numb alot. ~lindzi~