PDA

View Full Version : Article Uploads

Sealy
18th November 2005, 05:41 PM
In case anyone is interested in reading medical articles pertaining to infantile and juvenile scoliosis, I'm in the process of uploading quite a few of them into the "DOWNLOADS" section and is accessible to all ! :-)

Sealy

gerbo
18th November 2005, 05:59 PM
mmmhhhh, in the process...., will she succeed.....????, we will find out soon.... :D :D

Sealy
18th November 2005, 06:41 PM
Gerbo,

For some reason it's going remarkably well today :niceone: Let me know if you have any trouble accessing the files.

gerbo
18th November 2005, 06:48 PM
well, well, you canadians, not only good at icehockey and cutting down trees, but getting expert in uploading articles as well :D :D

we just need to do something about the categories, so it is clearer what is there and where, but that can wait, well done anyway :niceone: :niceone:

mark
18th November 2005, 11:27 PM
I can only find 4 is that correct

Sealy
18th November 2005, 11:40 PM
Oh NO !!!! :shock: You can only see 4 ?????? I've uploaded about 9 articles today :cry:

Edit: I just signed out and entered the "DOWNLOADS" section and can see all 11 articles - it's a little strange that I can't see it when I'm logged in. :spin:

BeckyH
18th November 2005, 11:45 PM
ok i'm really struggling with this - i'm desperate to get the instructions the hospital gave me on discharge uploaded to the site and every time i click "submit" it says i'm not authorised. sins has tried on my behalf and received the same message (which is bizarre, because she's an admin) so i don't know how you have attempted it sealy, but there are no new downloads there as far as i can see. unless you're referring to somewhere else, in which case, my mistake. there are a lot of people facing surgery imminently and i would really like to get my download posted to the site but have been facing this situation for a couple of weeks now...so yeah...rant over

BeckyH
18th November 2005, 11:47 PM
i just did the same and i can see them too...what's going on with that? i still can't get any to go up though :cry: SOS!

mark
19th November 2005, 12:32 AM
I can only see the 4 papers in articles and papers and i can only access two of them

:-o

titch
19th November 2005, 12:41 PM
Oh rats. I could think of less polite things to say than that, but rats, rats and rats again. I'll go have a look - this module offers us better organisational capacity than the old one, but it's certainly harder to use :idiot:

titch
19th November 2005, 12:47 PM
They should all now be visible to all - it's just the permissions weren't set. The system defaults to just setting them viewable by anonymous members, which is basically non-logged-in members, so you have to reset that yourself. It's irritating, the permissions are very useful (potentially), but they're a right headache even so :nut:

mark
19th November 2005, 12:57 PM
I cna find all Sealy's but Gerbo's seem to have disappeared

titch
19th November 2005, 11:32 PM
:-? :-? :-? I think I need to find a new downloads module..... :cry:

titch
19th November 2005, 11:33 PM
Either that or get a brain..... I think Gerbo's are all in the subdirectory of External Articles & Papers. I can see them there anyway.....

mark
19th November 2005, 11:43 PM
Sorry for giving you such a headache titch

titch
19th November 2005, 11:47 PM
:lol: Do I look bothered here? I think we already know we need to start doing some rearrangement of the articles to make them easier to navigate and this just proves the point even further. Plus, I'm a scatterbrain at the best of times, so I'd hardly have been surprised if I'd missed them somehow on the permissions :idiot: :P