PDA

View Full Version : New Operation Date

andy_d
17th November 2005, 12:34 PM
I have a new date for the 6th January for my Scheuermann's operation :-)

sins
17th November 2005, 12:58 PM
Well, you seem to be happy enough with that date! I know the waiting is frustrating, but at least it's not postponed for very long.So now you can kick up your heels for Christmas and not have to worry.How does this affect your uni studies?
Sins

zerodegrees
17th November 2005, 01:39 PM
Good news andy. I think I must have missed you joining sso, so welcome! My name is John & I am 4 weeks post op from my scheuermann's correction! I am gathering my thoughts and hopefully I will put up a posting with my experience of the surgery which might help (for some reason we all seem to love reading about everyone elses surgery! we are true gore freaks!)

Anyway, if you need to chat or have any concerns pm me and I can leave you my number if you want.

Great news re the date, you'll really feel things are moving forward. If its any comfort to you, you'll be pleased to know I was petrified of surgery (& nearly drove all @ sso round the bend) so if I can do it, you'll breeze it!

mark
17th November 2005, 01:56 PM
Thats fantastic news Andy. As Sins says you will have xmas off to relax a bit before surgery. If you need anything you know we are all here for you.

take care

mark

tonibunny
17th November 2005, 04:49 PM
Great news Andy! You can enjoy Christmas now, and look forward to having a nice straight back in the new year :D

andy_d
17th November 2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by sins@Nov 17 2005, 11:58 AM
.How does this affect your uni studies?
Sins
i'm not at uni :-) :P

I finished college in about may and haven't started work or anything yet due to my back pain, and i knew i had the operation coming it etc anyway

mark
17th November 2005, 08:22 PM
How long are you going to be off post op andy before you can go to work (if you choose to that is) or go back to college has your surgeon given you any idea

Jonny
18th November 2005, 12:55 AM
That's great to hear Andy - you'll be able to relax in the run-up, and you'll be able to recover in time for being active in the summer :-)

mark
18th November 2005, 06:58 PM
How do you feel about the up coming surgery Andy

andy_d
18th November 2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by mark@Nov 18 2005, 05:58 PM
How do you feel about the up coming surgery Andy
I'm looking forward to it, can't wait :-)

mark
18th November 2005, 11:19 PM
Great to see that you have such a positive attitude

andy_d
19th November 2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by mark@Nov 17 2005, 07:22 PM
How long are you going to be off post op andy before you can go to work (if you choose to that is) or go back to college has your surgeon given you any idea
well, i'll be in plaster cast for 6 months, and a plastic brace for another 6.

So, I don't know.... I'll see how I am, I'll start work when i'm ready, but not until i'm completely happy that i'll be able to if you get me :-)

mark
19th November 2005, 08:45 PM
You have a whileto make you mind up as to what you want to do then Andy. Don't rush it take your time get the recovery over with then you wil have all the time in the worldto decide what you want to do

Phil
19th November 2005, 09:25 PM
No work or college? Sounds like the life for me, except for the lack of cash. Nice one on the date Andy. where you having it done?

andy_d
19th November 2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Phil@Nov 19 2005, 08:25 PM
No work or college? Sounds like the life for me, except for the lack of cash. Nice one on the date Andy. where you having it done?
I'm having it done by Mr E B Ahmed at North Staffordshire hospital

Phil
19th November 2005, 10:26 PM
Staffordshire hey, I dont have any experience of anyone going there so looking forward to your report. Stay cool mate.

andy_d
20th December 2005, 10:49 PM
Op date change

My operation date has been changed to the 18th of January instead.

The 6th all depended on if everyone was available on that day, and was a provisional date.

It's only 12 days difference anyway so it doesn't really change much :-)

I'm simply happy that my operation is less than a month away :spin: :D

Anyway, thought i'd bring everyone up to date with the latest news :niceone:

:P :D :spin: :D :glee: 8)

mark
20th December 2005, 11:25 PM
Glad your feeling philosphical about the date change Andy. I'm sure everythings going to be fine.

Take it easy we are all here for you

mark

zerodegrees
21st December 2005, 01:31 PM
Sounds like a good date andy! Any questions - you know where we are.

cheers

john