PDA

View Full Version : Back from Hols

Gadget
6th November 2005, 02:23 PM
Well I'm giving them till Friday and i think i will be giving them a ring! At the beginning of December it wil have been 1 year since i first took Sami to the doctors, and all we have to show for it is a diagnosis and a half hearted promise that something will be done. I'm not impressed! :nut:
Unfortunately Sami's back affected the holiday, we stayed opn a farm site and there were lots of loveley walks and plenty of wildlife to see, sheep, cows, red squirrels but a lots of it were in places i couldn't get the pushchair. We tried walking her a bit of the way but she couldn't manage much and was really favouring her leg.
I really hope for her sake that it all gets sorted soon.
Hows everyone been?
G xx

gerbo
6th November 2005, 04:14 PM
what are you waiting for currently?, is it the mriscan??, or the brace fitting? If it is the latter, phone the orthotic department directly, might speed things up

red squirrels, mmmh, love those, lake district? scotland?

BeckyH
6th November 2005, 04:16 PM
sounds lovely, it's unfortunate that you couldn't enjoy it fully :-( yes, definitely get on the phone, you want things moving along a bit faster

sins
6th November 2005, 04:31 PM
I presume you're waiting for both the MRI scan and the casting.
Put the boot down gadget and ring, your child has been diagnosed but untreated for around a year.Unacceptable!
Welcome back.Sorry to hear that your trip had it's frustrating moments.
Sins

Gadget
6th November 2005, 04:55 PM
We were in Scotland about 12 miles from Dumfries in the middle of no where with no car (wish we had known when we booked) The nearest village was 1.5 miles away and it had no shop just a twice daily bus. The one day we needed shopping so walked to the village (Sammi was pushed lucky thing lol) Giot on the bus walked around the town for hours till it was time for the bus back then faced the walk back to the site carrying a rucksack full of food, my poor husband felt like he was flying by the time we got back and took of his backpack.

Thanks for the welcome back, we are waiting for both an MRI scan and her Casting appointment. I'm expecting to wait for the MRI but they said it will only be a couple of weeks for the casting.
Gerbo i think we have photo's of the red squirrels i'll have to have a look when we sort them out then i'll get them posted up somewhere.
G xx

gerbo
6th November 2005, 06:13 PM
we were told by the consultant, "make your own appointment, it will be quicker", so, get on the phone tomorrow to the orthotic department.

red squirrels, they remind me so much of home, where we do not have those ugly grey vermineous imports from the USA, and they are so beautiful, so graceful......

andrea
6th November 2005, 10:30 PM
They may well do both the MRI and the casting under the same GA - they did with us anyway - and it's worth a chase. We can't make our own appointments, but I guess all hospitals work differently. When you call, be sure to place emphasis on the way that it's affecting her and the fact that it's now been a year with no treatment.

I wouldn't even give them until Friday - it's another week's worry that you don't need. Call them tomorrow - can't hurt!

Good luck
x

Sealy
7th November 2005, 02:18 PM
Gadget,

I don't know why they're dragging their feet ! Scoliosis in very young children can progress very quickly and lead to severe deformity - I'm sure you don't need me to tell you this :rant: Keep calling them until they give in.....

Gerbo,

Correct me if I'm wrong :-o but I've always been told that the ugly black squirrel and sparrows which are taking over the natural habitat of North America and driving the native song birds away, were brought over to North America by the Brits. :-D :P

ivanleg
7th November 2005, 03:46 PM
Good luck with the casting and MRI.

Red vs grey squirrel debate moved to SSO Common room. :-D

Abbi
7th November 2005, 04:27 PM
Welcome back Gadget! I am sorry to hear that you and Sami couldn't enjoy the holiday as much as you both would have like to.
I don't really know if I have spoken to you much, or know much about Sami's case (I don't often come into this room) but it sounds like you are being treated horendously......what part of the UK are you from, and what age is sami? I cannot believe you have been left for nearly 1year and nothing has been done! (I thought I had a hard time with the way I was treated) but that it just not on at all!!!
Like Sinead says I really think u need to put ur foot down, it is totally not acceptable!!!! Call them ASAP!!! Persistance usually works with things like this!

*grr...I am so annoyed with you* its the bunch of dumb pen pushers and people in hig places who need a good kick up the backside! :nut:

gerbo
16th November 2005, 09:57 AM
anything happening??

Gadget
17th November 2005, 06:01 PM
Sorry guys i've not found anything out yet i'm still feeling ill. No news yet but i promise as soon as i feel well enough i'll give them a ring.
Gerbo i'm really sorry but the squirrel pics just didn't come out, too far away i think.
I wonder if they have e-mail? Heaving doesn't matter when you are typing.
Thanks for thinking of us.
G xx

gerbo
17th November 2005, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Gadget@Nov 17 2005, 05:01 PM

I wonder if they have e-mail? Heaving doesn't matter when you are typing.
Thanks for thinking of us.

Consultants's secretaries have email, but consultants are not very good at replying.

Hopefully should feel better after the weekend, so you can really chase things.

best wishes

gerbo