PDA

View Full Version : Weight

Phil
1st November 2005, 09:05 PM
Thats it, how much weight did you loose in total during surgery etc?

Am curious, also did you put it back on and how quickly.

BeckyH
1st November 2005, 09:11 PM
17 pounds in 12 days :D i started off at 12 stone 3 and about 5'6" tall. after surgery i'm 5'8" and back up to 12stone again. i think i put the weight back on over a period of about 6-10 weeks and it was because i wasn't allowed to exercise. it really annoyed me because i liked the way i was after surgery and didn't have the willpower to starve myself (and that's not advisable anyway) in order to keep it off. i'm now exercising again but it's not shifting which is disappointing. i'd definitely say it's good to be able to afford to lose a few pounds, because you're really not hungry and those who were slim to start with can end up tiny and weak :-( but i certainly wouldn't advocate going mad. i'll shut up now :D

Phil
1st November 2005, 09:14 PM
I could do with loosing a few pounds, gotta look at the points in everything!

Jonny
1st November 2005, 09:15 PM
10 pounds in 14 days, and have barely put it back on :(

Phil
1st November 2005, 09:17 PM
I would loose the weight, just take one look at a burger and put it back on. I have a rubbish metabolism!

BeckyH
1st November 2005, 09:22 PM
haha i'm the same phil. my legs used to be hollow but after 16 years they got full and the chocolates started going elsewhere :cry: i'll swap you jonny. we'll find a good lipo surgeon and they can take it from me and put it in you :P

BlueIce
1st November 2005, 09:39 PM
as strange as it sounds, I didn't loose weight. At first I thought I did because my legs had become really skinny, so I assumed I had lost just as much as my instruments weighed, so it seemed like I didn't loose a thing. Turns out my instruments only weigh about 300 grams. I still don't know how I managed not to loose weight.

Abbi
2nd November 2005, 12:11 AM
I think I lost about 1stone! I started off at 10st....I was 5ft 7 1/2 inches.....then after surgery (5ft 9) and 9st.....I generally was gaining about 1pound per week or maybe more....I know I'm back to my orginal 10stone, after 10weeks! But I needed to put that weight back on....cos I was nearly wasted away!

Thaleias spirit
2nd November 2005, 12:30 AM
I'm only 5 stone 7 pounds .. I lost two pounds when I got a chest infection during the summer and I could feel a difference even in that amount!

I'm terrified to think how much weight I could lose from scoliosis surgery!!
I wouldn't be able to stand I'd be so weak from that alone !! I've ben trying to eat healthily yet still put a little on, just to be on the safe side.

BeckyH
2nd November 2005, 12:33 AM
:-o chele i could probably carry you around in a rucksack. i can't believe i'm over twice your weight :cry: surely i'm not THAT much taller than you? my excuse is that women are genetically predisposed to having 25% of their bodies as fat. and i'm sticking to that one :P

Abbi
2nd November 2005, 12:35 AM
o my word chele....if u lost as much as most did after surgery u'd be no more.....seriously!!!! 5stone 7...thats tiny!!!!!
what height are u again??

Thaleias spirit
2nd November 2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by marmyte@Nov 1 2005, 11:33 PM
surely i'm not THAT much taller than you? my excuse is that women are genetically predisposed to having 25% of their bodies as fat. and i'm sticking to that one :P
Becky I am only 4'3 .. so yes you are a good bit taller than me ..

I'd swop you though ..
I'll take some of your weight and you give me a few inches in height !!

BeckyH
2nd November 2005, 12:39 AM
hang on. that's a double loss for me! i only want to lose weight, not height :P chele i hereby prescribe a strict diet of alcohol, fry ups and lardy cake. get chomping :D i seem to just look at food and increase in girth (like phil said earlier)

Thaleias spirit
2nd November 2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by marmyte@Nov 1 2005, 11:39 PM
hang on. that's a double loss for me! i only want to lose weight, not height :P chele i hereby prescribe a strict diet of alcohol, fry ups and lardy cake. get chomping :D i seem to just look at food and increase in girth (like phil said earlier)
Well I can't exactly give you extra height can I ?
What I have I'm hanging onto for dear life !!

fryups = no problem.
lardy cake = hmm, not sure. doughnuts I can manage.
alcohol = no go. sorry, it makes me very sick .. and a hangover can lst upto 5 days for me. and no I'm not joking. It's the reason I stopped drinking altogether.

BeckyH
2nd November 2005, 12:49 AM
to be honest that doesn't surprise me, due to your body shape (although there could be other factors, it's recognised that smaller people can't take alcohol as well as larger people) fried mars bars chele? mark seems to be into unhealthy eating, perhaps you should ask him :hammer:

tonibunny
2nd November 2005, 02:25 AM
I went down to 5 and a half stone in hospital when I was 18.....I was about 7 stone to start with, and have no idea why I lost so much weight except that I spent a few days with terrible vomiting and diarrhoea (it was horrible constantly hobbling to the loo straight after the surgery, and throwing up with costoplastied ribs). They had me on a drip feed for a while after that, and I had to have build-up drinks with my meals.

It was revolting being that thin - I could feel the bones in my bum when I sat down cos I had nothing to cover them! Ewwwww.

I'm usually 8 stone these days, but have had a bug in the past couple of weeks and have gone down to 7.5 stone - and now my new brace rubs my hipbones cos there's no flesh padding them anymore! Yuk. Someone pass me a cream cake :D

Joy
2nd November 2005, 02:49 AM
I lost 4 pounds I think. But I only weighed 82 to begin with, so that was plenty!! It took me thre months to put it back on.... I'm 5'4'' now and 90 pounds.

Blair
2nd November 2005, 05:01 AM
10 lbs tops. And I put it back on immediately as soon as my appetite returned because my mom was always stuffing me full of as much "good nutritious food" as she could.

Marti
2nd November 2005, 05:25 AM
If I lost any weight, I'd gained it all back by my first checkup two weeks after my surgery.

titch
2nd November 2005, 11:39 AM
I lost 10kg after my revision surgery, but I could well afford to. I actually suspect a lot was water-weight - before the surgery I was breathless, and had swollen ankles all the time. Ever since being stretched back out, no more swollen ankles and I don't feel like I'm going to collapse after 2 flights of stairs, so it's a pretty fair bet that's what about half of it was - there was at least some genuine weightloss though.

Toni - I know what you mean about being bony. Back when I was around 21, I lost a *lot* of weight, having been fairly slim to begin with. I ended up so bony that it was uncomfortable even to lie in bed because I was constantly jabbing myself with my own boniness. Of course these days I have thoroughly too much padding :lol:

zerodegrees
2nd November 2005, 12:04 PM
I have absolutely no metabolism. I think it was decommsioned several years ago.

I completely lost my appetite in hospital which marmyte said I would and I point blank refused to beleive her but hey presto it disappeared (along with my bowel movements but thats another story!)

I think I lost about a stone during my 2 week stint in hospital but no doubt it will return as my appetite is now returning with avengence!

BeckyH
2nd November 2005, 12:10 PM
glad you've also joined us in the "losing your shame" thing as well :hammer:

claire
2nd November 2005, 01:02 PM
Lost about 141b during my hospital stay and sadly putting it back on !!

Lizzie89
2nd November 2005, 05:44 PM
I lost nearly 2 stone in hospital- leaving me at just 5 stone :-(
Im just under 6 stone now at 5'2''
Im trying to put it back on but i have v fast metabolism, and because im not exercising i cant put any muscle on either :-(
Tsk

sweetkisses2351
2nd November 2005, 09:28 PM
well pre-op i was 5'2 and 118 lbs.. right after surgery i was about 114 lbs and i grew to 5'4 so i was way too skinny and i wanted to put weight back on but it has come back slowly. 6 weeks after surgery i was only like 116 or 117, but i'm now 121 or so and that's where i wanna stay! i think that's a good healthy weight for 5'4 and being 20 years old! My 14 year old sister always gets mad at me cos I'm only a few lbs heavier than her and she thinks someone "as old as me" should weigh more than her 14 year old friends!! haha

Crazy16girl
3rd November 2005, 09:42 AM
I lost 1.5 stone, which was brilliant, i was over the moon, now ive put it all back on + more :( Ive been confort eating this year.

Phil
3rd November 2005, 03:07 PM
Well i will also be chuffed if i lost a stone. I would be not so chffed if it was muscle though.

nuttynatalie
3rd November 2005, 05:31 PM
I am normally i think about 8st and 5"3 well after surgery i went down to 7st but now i am about 7.5 and still 5"3 but i still haven't got my shape back!

sweetkisses2351
4th November 2005, 05:16 AM
what is a stone?? like 12 lbs or something

nutmeg
4th November 2005, 07:49 AM
1 stone = 14 lbs

cowgirl87
4th November 2005, 02:47 PM
I lost 20-25 lbs in 3 weeks..more like 2! but my friends supplied me with so much chocolate that i am sadly well up to my original weight!