Hope everything went ok John,

You get a fantastic correction

and

Your not in too much pain

Take care

Mark

RocketQueen
18th October 2005, 02:56 PM
Ugh! Yes i was totally really wishing that we would hear something from someone already.

HOw was it JOhn? Fine no doubt! We told you! x

titch
18th October 2005, 02:57 PM
Haven't heard anything yet, but will ring later and update you all then. Fingers crossed it's going well - I'm not sure when they started, but I guess he could be going through to recovery any time from now really.

Abbi
18th October 2005, 03:29 PM
Hope it went well for you John! And I hope ur not in too much pain!!!

*gentle hugs*

Lizzie89
18th October 2005, 03:34 PM
Hope your OK John
*gentle hugs*

Well done getting through it :squeeze:

RocketQueen
18th October 2005, 03:49 PM
I had it in my head that it was at 6:30 am!

titch
18th October 2005, 04:04 PM
I think you're right, but they often run late, sometimes by as much as an hour.

RocketQueen
18th October 2005, 04:18 PM
Oh ok! :). x

BeckyH
18th October 2005, 04:29 PM
des told me last night not to expect him out until 5pm, but abbi ran massively late and so did titch so please stay calm everyone, we'll hear soon enough. we kinda have to leave them to it and not bug them so much as well, we just have to wait and see but we'll hear eventually :-)

rosie
18th October 2005, 04:41 PM
i hope all is well. :-)
xxxx

BeckyH
18th October 2005, 05:42 PM
just got a text from des (john's partner) it's 5:40pm and john is still in surgery. des will keep us posted. don't panic everyone :-)

sins
18th October 2005, 05:46 PM
:nut: Getting very anxious, hoping he's doing well and that he's back in recovery soon.Can only imagine how Des is feeling :mope:

BeckyH
18th October 2005, 05:49 PM
i texted des back to say i think he's doing really well. john says des is really squeamish too. sounds like john couldn't ask for a more dedicated and selfless cheerleader

RocketQueen
18th October 2005, 05:54 PM
Aaaaaaaaw bless Des! :) I am sure he is doing great. I can't wait till more news come through x

BarmyArmy
18th October 2005, 06:33 PM
Sounds like Des needs a hug too :squeeze: We're all thinking of you John :squeeze:

mark
18th October 2005, 07:22 PM
Yes we are all thinking about both of you

Thaleias spirit
18th October 2005, 07:25 PM
I hope that the surgery is all over by now.

John, hope your feling okay!
But congrats, you made it through it all and didn't chicken out !!
Well done .

Lizzie89
18th October 2005, 07:31 PM
a big ))HuG(( to both of you

:squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze: :squeeze:

Abbi
18th October 2005, 07:40 PM
ok if he went down at 7.30am he has been in there 12hours!!!! that is a long long time!!!
His surgeon will a week long break after that surgery!!!!

Hope he is ok *sends good vibes to QMC*

Abbi
18th October 2005, 08:59 PM
13.5 hours......startn to get worried now! :-(

BeckyH
18th October 2005, 09:17 PM
just got the following from des:

"not yet out of surgery. being told this is norm for spinal surg. think it started proper at 0930 so hopeful for 10hr + 1 in recovery. i think he is ok. des"

i should be hearing in a while. it's ok, don't panic all :squeeze:

Jules
18th October 2005, 09:55 PM
I hope everythign is going ok for you John and I look forward to hearing the good news soon! :squeeze:

BeckyH
19th October 2005, 12:22 AM
at last! news from des:

"jonboy in ward. out of the game - fast asleep + heavily sedated. sorry for lateness of txt. des x"

john's ok. now i might sleep :-)

RocketQueen
19th October 2005, 12:28 AM
Ditto!

And I am all partyed out from celebrating in a msn box!

Well done JOHN!!!! :squeeze: :rox: :rox: :squeeze: :-)

Mwah xxxxxx

mark
19th October 2005, 12:28 AM
Thats fantastic news thanks Becky

BeckyH
19th October 2005, 12:31 AM
if anyone wants to leave a brief message here for john and his partner des, titch and i are visiting (thursday and friday respectively) so feel free to do so

but in the politest way, keep the spam low you 'orrible lot :kiss:

mark
19th October 2005, 12:34 AM
Yes Just tell i am thinking of him and i'm glad his surgery was successful and get well and come back to us soon. And i can't wait to see the war wounds

sins
19th October 2005, 12:44 AM
We're very proud of you John! Well done and best wishes for a speedy recovery.Des, hope you're feeling ok, it's been a long ordeal today.
Thinking of you both.
Sins
xxx

jfkimberly
19th October 2005, 08:31 AM
Well done, John! (And you too, Des, for hanging in there!) Can't wait to hear the correction.

DublinPauline
19th October 2005, 09:18 AM
Wow, I'm glad to hear you're over that, John! Warm vibes being sent across the Irish sea to you and Des for a good recovery.

BeckyH
19th October 2005, 01:46 PM
UPDATE

message from des: "john is doing ok. very sleepy. he was agitated after surgery and pulled chest drain out twice. reinserted again. he is in good spirits. medics happy with his status. xrays to check lungs are ok to be done each day. is in good care. will txt all later. des x"

poor des! am amazed john was energetic enough to pull his drain out and omg reading that gave me a heart attack. sheesh. he's determined to panic us at every turn i think. sounds like he's getting better though. am baking des a cake tomorrow and bought john the obligatory colouring book today :D

tonibunny
19th October 2005, 03:35 PM
Congrats for getting through surgery John! We're all thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you back with us, but make sure you take it easy and take your time :-)

Toni xxx

Sealy
19th October 2005, 03:44 PM
He pulled the chest drain ? :-o :shock: Doesn't a LOT of blood flow through there ?? I'm happy to hear everything is going well...I know he was very nervous about this op.

BeckyH
19th October 2005, 03:50 PM
chest drains are to remove fluid from the cavity around your lungs and make sure it doesn't gather in your chest so that said fluid doesn't compromise your breathing. i don't think blood comes out of it sealy, because if there were blood that *could* mean you were bleeding internally...when your drain is removing less than a certain amount of fluid per day then it's ready to come out and you mobilise

Lizzie89
19th October 2005, 04:25 PM
hey John, a very well done from me, Way to worry us half to death :-) chin up and be happy. So glad your OK. ))gentle hugs((

Thnks for the news people.

Abbi
19th October 2005, 04:50 PM
WELL DONE JOHN!!!! **HUGS** :D Told ya you'd be alright! I am glad this is all behind you now! Just concentrate on getting better! And no more pulling our chest drains u hear :P

Des - your doing wonderfully too....keep up the suportiveness...I no John will need it, and will appreciate it afterwards! :-)

BarmyArmy
19th October 2005, 06:22 PM
Yay, well done John, we're so proud of you. *hugs and kisses* Plus a big hug to Des, you must have been an emotional wreck. I know I would have been if I was in your place.

Take care, both of you and get plenty of rest.

Liv
19th October 2005, 06:24 PM
Well done, John!! (not on pulling the chest tube out) The worst part is over now. I hope you make a quick recovery! Big hug to you, Liv Xxx

Phil
19th October 2005, 06:47 PM
Nice one John, glad to here another success. Happy recovery and all the best.

Gadget
19th October 2005, 09:12 PM
Wishing you a very speedy recovery. Hope you got a great correction. I was thinking of you.
Gadget xx

BeckyH
19th October 2005, 10:01 PM
UPDATE

message from des: "john much more settled tonight. very sore and stiff (unsurprising). medics upbeat on op. still got tubes and drips (again not surprised) very pleased to see such improvement. physio wants him out of bed tomorrow"

bits in brackets are my comments :D he'll be up quickly if it's tomorrow, i hope he's ok.

Abbi
19th October 2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by marmyte@Oct 19 2005, 09:01 PM
physio wants him out of bed tomorrow

TOMORROW!!!!!! :-o wow! That would be an awesome achievement if he was out of bed tomorrow!
Message for John: take it easy! :squeeze: :D

mark
19th October 2005, 11:00 PM
Thanks forthe update Becky, if your seeing him tell him we are thinking about him and des.

Take them in a couple of sunny holiday brochures in that should cheer them up

BeckyH
19th October 2005, 11:06 PM
i'm going on friday, titch is there tomorrow. i'm taking the following: marble cake, colouring book, latest copy of heat magazine :D

BeckyH
20th October 2005, 03:31 PM
UPDATE

message from des this afternoon: "john had a rough night - allergic reaction to morphine resulting in breathing problems which distressed him. sorted now and he is more aware than yesterday. surgical team pleased with progress. will text all tonight. des x"

john wasn't kidding when he said he was going to be a drama queen! on a more positive note, my cake looks fabalas :D

BeckyH
20th October 2005, 03:55 PM
just call me nigella :D (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/marmyte/cake.jpg)

titch
20th October 2005, 06:53 PM
I saw John earlier today, and while the bad night had clearly taken a toll on him, it was good to see that he felt well enough to put a brave face on things. I didn't stay for too long because unsurprisingly he was very tired and started getting sleepy quite quickly, but he was looking good. And I might note that even after this long surgery and the tribulations following it, I would not have put him down for 36!

He's clearly been quite significantly re-modeled - as most of us who have had a significant kyphosis correction know, it takes a while to get used to the whole thing of having your stomach feeling like it is stuck out, and for your ribs to settle to their new position. I mentioned to him that after my revision, I had felt as though someone had stuck a massive bolster pillow under the back of my waist, and he agreed on this. It's a feeling that goes though as you get used to it.

All in all, while it's going to be a job to recover, I'm sure he's going to do brilliantly, and he's in great hands with Des :-)

Little Ali
20th October 2005, 09:29 PM
Glad to hear it went well John! All the best for a speedy recovery!

Phil
20th October 2005, 09:57 PM
Glad to hear all is well. Your comments regarding your body getting used to new positioning interests me titch.

BeckyH
20th October 2005, 10:04 PM
i'd agree with titch, a few weeks after surgery i thought something was horribly wrong, but then i realised a spine is supposed to be flat and not have a rotation in it and that i was actually "normal" after almost 5 years. it's bizarre, but you learn to like it

amaka
21st October 2005, 03:08 PM
Great news to hear that all went well for John. I hope that he continues doing well. I will keep him in my prayers. Becky say hey to John and Des from me.

:bestwishes:

Amaka

claire
21st October 2005, 03:58 PM
Well done John. The worst is over now.
Leave the chest drain alone !!
You know having one is like owing a pair of prada shoes.
You only have it on loan so make the most of it .
Looking forward to hearing all about it.
Take care
Claire xx

andrea
22nd October 2005, 10:39 AM
Eek, I've missed loads. Great to hear the surgery went well John and you're up and about (maybe). Thanks for the updates Des and others. Looking forward to hearing about you getting even better.

Take care
Andrea

Lizzie89
22nd October 2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the news everyone, glad to here he's coping so well, dispite the set backs :bestwishes: and :hug: 's to Des n John - well done you 2 :clap:

Abbi
22nd October 2005, 04:31 PM
How'd the visit go yesterday Becky? Did des like the cake? :-)

mark
22nd October 2005, 04:51 PM
It looked nice

BeckyH
22nd October 2005, 04:59 PM
i'm exhausted - i just drove all the way home, 3 hours ugh. um well i got lost on the way to the hospital - couldn't figure out how to get into it. made it eventually then couldn't find bloody west block. finally did and found where john was. he didn't look as tired as i thought he would - was very appreciative of the copy of Heat that i took him :D and the nurse laughed that i'd taken him a colouring book :-( but he liked the look of the cake and so does des (they're both still alive so they obviously haven't tried it yet). john was drinking tea through a straw and i pointed out that the only thing he was missing was cocktail umbrellas. oh yeah and when he pulled his chest drain out twice? he also pulled his catheter out :shock: which he doesn't remember doing. when i was there the doctor had to stitch his drain back in because it had leaked twice yesterday (they stitched it back in without giving him any anaesthetic which he was a bit upset at but i pointed out that he's hardcore now and doesn't need anaesthetic :D) i'm sure there's stuff i've forgotten...oh yeah - he's been hallucinating on the morphine :glee: and has been sent flowers which he's not allowed in his ward :cry:

i got a couple of texts from des today: the drain came out at lunch time (good news) and john ate lunch (even better - i have to say the food looked a bit grim, especially next to my amazing cake)

i told john off for terrifying us - part of the time we were waiting was because he spent a whopping six hours in recovery. oh and i know he's hallucinating because he told me i was thin :D

so there endeth the report...oh and i'm angry that petrol is cheaper in nottingham than it is here :rant: and i took two pictures which i'll post when i can find the USB cable for my camera

BeckyH
22nd October 2005, 05:03 PM
i knew i'd forget something: when i saw john in bed i thought his back looked really straight, and he seemed to by lying nicely, so looks like he got a good correction out of his marathon...dammit there was something else and i've forgotten again. clearly surgery eradicated my capacity to remember things :cry:

Abbi
22nd October 2005, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the update becky! :niceone: I am glad John is doing better, and he is eating! I hope you encouraged him to eat it all....as it will do him the world of good! (I know thats rich coming from me...cos I barely ate anything when I was in hospital)

6hours in recovery is an awful long time!! Oh and the flower thing....I wasn't allowed any either (I dont really understand that - but hey!)

He pulled his cathater out....my goodness, that is incredible....(not in a good way tho) I don't think I could move much on my first few days!

Thanks again Becky! Hope John continues to get a lot better! :D

BeckyH
22nd October 2005, 05:13 PM
this is john trying to look like as much of a drama queen as possible (his words, not mine) (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/marmyte/dramaqueen.jpg)

john and des (http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/marmyte/johndes.jpg)

Amazed Jean
22nd October 2005, 05:17 PM
John, I didn't think you were supposed to look that good after surgery! After surgery (I never had back surgery) I always look like crap for weeks. At any rate heal well and be mindful of all the work they did - don't be ripping stuff out! Better days are coming.

Abbi
22nd October 2005, 05:19 PM
great photos becky!! Thanks :D

BeckyH
22nd October 2005, 05:26 PM
he can't believe surgery is behind him and he's one of the post op gang now...it all seems a bit surreal to him still i think (and i remember that feeling, in fact i still feel like that occasionally)

claire
22nd October 2005, 05:33 PM
Lovely pictures Becky.

Well done John. Its all uphill now!

Liv
22nd October 2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the update and the pictures, Becky! Looks like he's doing great! :niceone:

mark
22nd October 2005, 07:56 PM
I'm really pleased he doing so well and they both look so calm on the photo's thanks for posting them Becky

By the way you should know within 12 to 24 hours wether or not you have poisoned them. Thats when the symptoms will start :vomit:

sins
22nd October 2005, 08:26 PM
No need to worry John, you look fabulous!!
I have to say you seem in amazing condition for such a marathon surgery.Can't wait to hear the official results on the correction!
Well done you!

Lizzie89
22nd October 2005, 10:44 PM
Aw everyone looks great, i looked like someone had chewed me up and spat me out after my op- and my mum looked just as bad... :glee:

Phil
22nd October 2005, 11:39 PM
All good so far which is great. Cheers to continued goodness!

BeckyH
23rd October 2005, 10:08 AM
UPDATE

two messages from des this morning:

"no dramas overnight for john. had comfortable night. unlikely to be moved from high dependency unit until next weekend. he is glad that he had the surgery and wants to see his what his new shape is like. i sense shopping trips on the horizon! D x"

and:

"john are a slice of the cake [baked by yours truly] for dessert last nighte. i have eaten several too! thank you for visiting - it really did boost his spirits. D x"

they're both still alive having consumed my cake! huzzah!

RocketQueen
23rd October 2005, 10:11 AM
LOL! This IS shocking news!

Heheheh just jokes Becky x

Thaleias spirit
23rd October 2005, 10:25 AM
Great to hear he is doing that well after it all ..
and to look at hime you'd never think he just had spinal surgery !!

To be honest, it shouldn't be allowed. One of the rules should be that you look absolutely wretched after all surgeries!! :glee:

chele

BeckyH
23rd October 2005, 10:32 AM
he'll be really disappointed when you all think he looks good - he's wanting the sympathy vote, not to be told how fab he looks. i said "i brought a camera with me" and didn't think he'd let me take a pic but he went "ooh yeah make me look really dramatic" :D

BeckyH
23rd October 2005, 08:19 PM
UPDATE

message from des:

"john sat in chair today for first time. slept most of the afternoon. raised temperature. medics thinking infection and started antibiotics right away. he is in good spirit. des x"

*bleep* i'm having serious words with john, he's darned well determined to cause chaos and not let us rest easy. in fact i might go back up to nottingham to tell him off :D

RocketQueen
24th October 2005, 12:18 AM
Damn right! He really is setting me a challange. Me and John have some convo's about who isthe biggest drama queen. You tell him off Becky *waves finger*

Abbi
24th October 2005, 12:28 AM
John! Its brill that you have been out of bed! I know it is hard and painful, and you really won't want to do it, but try to sit up for as long as you can each day, then try to extend the time....you can think of it as a mini comp with urself.....see if u can beat ur time! :P but dont tire yourself out doing it!
I know this all sounds rich coming from me....cos I was in my bed at every given opportunity! But keep being moblie! :niceone:

Your such a star John! Keep being an incredible patient! (I am actually bowled over by the progress u have made! keep it up)

sins
24th October 2005, 12:33 AM
john are a slice of the cake [baked by yours truly] for dessert last nighte. i have eaten several too! thank you for visiting - it really did boost his spirits. D x"

they're both still alive having consumed my cake! huzzah!

slept most of the afternoon. raised temperature. medics thinking infection and started antibiotics right away.

Yes mark, you were right, between 12 and 24 hours before symptoms start. :P

Sins

titch
24th October 2005, 09:36 AM
Fingers crossed its just a reaction to the surgery - the raised temperature from that can take a couple (or more) days to really kick in. They thought that I had an infection, kept taking blood to check my inflammatory markers and had me on IV vancomycin for 3 days before eventually deciding it actually wasn't. So, hoping it's similar for you John, that it sorts itself out without significant intervention.

The good thing is that they are on top of it, and look out for things like this and catch them early :-)

Sitting in a chair for the first time is a huge step forward - up and about before you know it :D

BeckyH
24th October 2005, 09:37 AM
i think they'll live :P haven't heard anything yet today but no doubt i will later on.

mark
24th October 2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by marmyte@Oct 23 2005, 07:19 PM
*bleep* i'm having serious words with john, he's darned well determined to cause chaos and not let us rest easy. in fact i might go back up to nottingham to tell him off :D
Poor John, i bet his surgery was a walk in the park compared with the wrath of Becky

BeckyH
24th October 2005, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by mark+Oct 24 2005, 11:31 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mark @ Oct 24 2005, 11:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-marmyte@Oct 23 2005, 07:19 PM
Poor John, i bet his surgery was a walk in the park compared with the wrath of Becky [/b][/quote]
darn right :D

well john had a good night and walked across his ward earlier and was supposed to be doing the same this afternoon. he may also be being taken out of HDU and to the normal ward tomorrow! :clap:

mark
24th October 2005, 06:12 PM
Fantastic news Becky

Jules
24th October 2005, 06:20 PM
uhoh it seems like I've missed loads over the past few days....

but can you give my love to John and Des and tell them to remember the only way is up now.

It's great news to hear he's up and about walking already! :-)

RocketQueen
25th October 2005, 01:00 AM
.........*Jelouse*................. :evil: ......Heheheh just jokes, it's fab to keep hearing these good reports Becky, even though it seems John is DETERMINED! to thwart the what with ripping out his chest dran and showing symptoms of infection etc. Grrrrr, wait till u get back here john, just wait.! :) x

BeckyH
25th October 2005, 10:08 AM
john's already been up and walked today and is under instructions to get up twice more so he's making great progress :-)

titch
25th October 2005, 10:18 AM
That's fantastic - sounds like he's at one of those rapid improvement stages :-) Great news!

Lizzie89
25th October 2005, 06:09 PM
Oh it all sounds great (apart from the infection) so glad he's up and about.

BeckyH
25th October 2005, 08:25 PM
UPDATE

message from des: "john out of HDU and in private suite (room) all to himself, which he is most pleased with. lots of lovely cards and flowers which have lifted his spirits. catheter removed today as well. still on antibiotic but is not causing medics concern. on the mend! Dx"

so great news tonight!

Jonny
25th October 2005, 08:34 PM
Sorry haven't been posting here, but taking in each update with great appreciation :D well done John, keep it up! Looking forward to seeing you back :D

Lizzie89
26th October 2005, 11:47 AM
Well done on getting a room to himself! Sounds like he's making excellent progress :-)

Phil
26th October 2005, 01:34 PM
All sounds good. Only a little way to go now John! Keep up the good recovery. Jammy sod with his own room....

BeckyH
26th October 2005, 05:30 PM
UPDATE

received a message from des while SSO was down today:

"john told release will be friday!! but he is saying no, he is saying monday! watch this space. D x"

friday would be FANTASTIC going seeing as he was told the middle of next week when i visited. i don't understand all these people who don't want to leave (there was a girl who was saying that when i was in hospital) though i can understand it slightly coming from john who has had mega surgery. i hope he's well enough and can be persuaded to leave the maid service, i'm still convinced he'll feel even better once home

titch
26th October 2005, 05:34 PM
It's a combination of the extent of the surgery, not bouncing back as fast because of age, and sheer distance that needs to be travelled to get home. When I was in for my revision, all I wanted was to go home, but I was terrified of being sent home before I was ready.

If I'd live nearby, like I did for my first surgery, I'd have been raring to go.

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear he's making such good progress - fantastic news :D

BeckyH
26th October 2005, 05:36 PM
yeah i can see what you mean, titch. i have a funny feeling that if he stays in for the weekend though they won't discharge him until monday and he might get itchy feet. meh, i guess we just wait and see :-) i'm sure des would be relieved for them to be home in a way

mark
26th October 2005, 05:37 PM
Thas great news Becky, and John take all the time you need to mate, you've had some major surgery and if you need a day or two more in hospital then you staywhere you feel more comfortable

Liv
26th October 2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by marmyte@Oct 26 2005, 05:36 PM
i have a funny feeling that if he stays in for the weekend though they won't discharge him until monday and he might get itchy feet.
Yeah, I was quite surprised that they discharged me on a Sunday when I had my surgery. :roll: But it's great to hear that he's doing so well! Go John & Des!! :-)

BeckyH
26th October 2005, 08:09 PM
THIS JUST IN (ooh i feel like trevor macdonald - he's a highly respected newsreader by the way)

john IS going home on friday :clap: that must be some kind of record timing?

and des is headed out to the cinema tonight :D

mark
26th October 2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks Becky you've done a better job at being Trevor than Trevor, in fact i might start calling you Trevor :lol:

Hello Trevor

BeckyH
26th October 2005, 08:27 PM
lol he's got an OBE or something, i want one too...actually, i wouldn't accept it if i was offered it considering i don't vote labour and i'm anti-monarchy

mark
26th October 2005, 08:30 PM
Yes another Republican, i knew you were a sensible girl Becky.

*ducks from all the Royalists and heads for the revolutionary hills*

Phil
26th October 2005, 09:17 PM
Thats great news! Really good for him to get home!

Abbi
26th October 2005, 09:59 PM
WOW!!!!!! John is coming home after a 12long surgery....after.....*thinks* one week and 3days! AWESOME!!!! :D YAY!!!!

WELL DONE JOHN!!!!

RocketQueen
27th October 2005, 01:23 AM
Oh god!!!!!!!!!!!..............*groans*

Hahahahah only jokesing John. It's great that your back :) I've missed you. Did u get ur package before you went in? I hope so. x

Maggie
27th October 2005, 03:52 PM
I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well John even though I don't know who you are! Have a safe and speedy recovery!

Abbi
28th October 2005, 06:50 PM
Does anyone know if John is home yet? *it is friday right?....yup :P*

well.....thought i'd just say WELCOME HOME JOHN!!!!!! You did wonderfully :D hope ur recovery goes really quick! :niceone:
Take it easy

mark
28th October 2005, 08:33 PM
its my round :pint: :welcome: HOME :pint:

BeckyH
28th October 2005, 08:35 PM
um...he's not home. he's probably getting released tomorrow - he was in a bit of pain and feeling a bit stiff today so they decided to keep him in. the cynic in me thinks they're trying to get him out ASAP because he IS a lot better and they probably want the bed. we'll have to wait and see

mark
28th October 2005, 09:05 PM
O dear that doesn't sound too good perhaps we may have delay the celelbrations a couple of days at least. I hope your feeling better tomorrow John

Lizzie89
28th October 2005, 09:33 PM
Well take as long as you need to John! :-D

Wellcome home for when your back :-) It felt so great finally getting back for me

BeckyH
29th October 2005, 03:11 PM
john's on his way home! des said he'd text me when they arrive :jump:

RocketQueen
29th October 2005, 08:41 PM
Finallly! John was prolly just trying one last attempt at worrying us all by stayin on Friday-lol
x

BeckyH
29th October 2005, 09:49 PM
update

john is now home, has had a cup of tea and is off to bed :D

therefore, i now officially sign off as updater - i won't say it's been fun, more STRESSFUL :P but we're glad you're home safe john, hopefully he'll truly rejoin our online ranks soon, but don't hold your breath for him to be back online immediately folks, he's got to take it easy

Jules
29th October 2005, 09:53 PM
It's great to hear your home John!! :jump:

Make sure you take it easy and I'm looking forward to when you rejoin us here and also on msn! :D

titch
29th October 2005, 10:39 PM
Woohoo! Glad to hear you've made it home safe and sound :-) Look forward to a dramatic update when you're up to sitting at the pc for a few minutes :D

Abbi
29th October 2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by marmyte@Oct 29 2005, 08:49 PM
update

john is now home, has had a cup of tea and is off to bed :D

therefore, i now officially sign off as updater - i won't say it's been fun, more STRESSFUL :P but we're glad you're home safe john, hopefully he'll truly rejoin our online ranks soon, but don't hold your breath for him to be back online immediately folks, he's got to take it easy
More stressful than being the updater for me?? :P lol (again - not my fault....ahem)

WELCOME HOME JOHN!!!!! TAKE IT EASY

BeckyH
29th October 2005, 11:07 PM
i think between the pair of you i have had 20 years shaved off my life :P i want them back! :D

RocketQueen
29th October 2005, 11:16 PM
I'll try not to make u my updater Marmyte-lol. Give u a holiday! Even though it is way off yet. x

BeckyH
29th October 2005, 11:19 PM
i might even be out of the country when you have surgery emily - if my dad gets off his backside and books our flights that is

Abbi
29th October 2005, 11:23 PM
Only 20? :P

RocketQueen
30th October 2005, 01:01 AM
Oooh where u going?
Only 20 what Abbi?

Abbi
30th October 2005, 01:10 PM
nm...lol! ( I meant we onyl took 20yrs off her life with stress)

ooh....were are you off to becky? ooh wait....Florida??

I'm hoping to do some travelling this year also.....dunno where to tho!

sins
30th October 2005, 01:23 PM
John and Des,
Well done on getting home in one piece!
Here's to steady progress and a rapid recovery.
Sins

BeckyH
30th October 2005, 02:01 PM
"hi everyone! back in land of the living! absolutely wiped out but indcredibly happy to be home. thank u for all the cards, flowers, texts and concern. will be in touch with you all as i start to feel better! love john x"

Abbi
30th October 2005, 02:03 PM
awesome news! YAY!!!!! Glad that ur home John! Home is a much better place to recover....just try not to do everything at once! Have everyone at ur beck and call (it works - trust me! :P)

Lizzie89
30th October 2005, 03:38 PM
WELCOME HOME, WE'RE ALL VERY PROUD I THINK

:squeeze: u :rox:

andy_d
30th October 2005, 04:58 PM
Welcome home John

Look forward to chatting to you once you are feeling better.

mark
30th October 2005, 05:11 PM
Welcome home John, i hope the long journey home wasn't too stressful

Phil
30th October 2005, 06:19 PM
Nice one John, pleased for you. On the way to true recovery so chill and take care.

Little Ali
31st October 2005, 09:10 PM
Yay! You're home! :clap: That's great news! Here's to a speedy recovery! :cheers:

Jules
31st October 2005, 09:35 PM
:jump: Yay Welcome Home John :jump:

I'm so pleased that you had a great correction and looing forward to you returning to SSO full time :surfin: but make sure you get plenty of rest and are pampered by everyone! :D

sally333
3rd November 2005, 06:00 PM
I am so glad for you that every thing is turning out great for you and your home and safe now.I hope your recovery is nice and smooth.I can't wait untill you are feeling better and can give us some help on understanding from day one untill now just how your days were during this time.,of your fantastic surgery.