go through the roof. I asked if she had schedule her yet and if not
when does she think they'll have a slot of Lauren she informs me more
then likely not this year. I was floored as the Doctor wanted her in
around the 2 months mark and we are at the 3 month mark I asked how
much worse Lauren could get and she said I have no idea but I don't
see her getting in this year. Chris is pissed and going to try to get
in touch directly with Dr Betz not sure how that will work but wish us
luck. I'm getting sick to my stomach thinking about this. Cathy

PS I've also recently found out that the compassiate letter for use hasn't been sent in yet either. Now there is some other letter of informed consent that we need to sign that we have to go back up to do that also.

Sealy
16th September 2005, 03:59 PM
Oh Cathy, I would be really upset too !! Lauren isn't wearing any kind of support is she ? What is her degree curvature again ? I wouldn't put too much emphasis on what the secretary says because she's just doing her job and probably isn't too familiar with the details. If I were you, I would ask the secretary for Dr. Betz
e-mail address and get something written up ASAP. Obviously there's some kind of communication breakdown and you don't want Lauren falling through the cracks.

:squeeze:

Sealy

momofalotofrugrats
16th September 2005, 04:03 PM
This is Dr Betz's Nurse she's the one who schedules the surgery for him. Lauren isn't wearing any support at all she's already at 70 degrees as of 3 months ago. Cathy

Sealy
16th September 2005, 04:09 PM
Cathy,

If I were you, I would speak directly or e-mail directly Dr. Betz. It's a waste of time trying to go through intermediaries.

momofalotofrugrats
16th September 2005, 04:10 PM
We are trying to find an email address on him right now. So far the only contact information we have is through this nurse If anyone has Dr Randell Betz's email address it would be greatly appreicated. Cathy

Sealy
16th September 2005, 04:23 PM
Cathy,

Just phone his secretary and ask for it, I'm sure she'll give it to you. A word of advice, when you call the secretary try to sound calm and reasonable - I know easier said than done. :D

momofalotofrugrats
16th September 2005, 04:56 PM
The only contact information I have his is nurse and she wouldn't give me his email said that she is his point of contact all questions have to go through her. So I'm going to email the doctor who Dr Betz referred us to for the tumor removal and see if he can give me a good address. Thanks Cathy

newgirl
16th September 2005, 09:17 PM
Cathy,
I am sorry to hear that you are having such problems. I think Sealy's advice is spot on, talk directly to the surgeon.
Hope you mange to make contact soon
Nicola

andrea
17th September 2005, 08:19 AM
Cathy

It sounds like you are going through a really stressful time at the moment, and it's understandable how worried you are. If you really can't get hold of the surgeon (some secretaries are very very strict about the information they give out and are worse than rottweilers when it comes to guarding their masters), ask the secretary if she will speak directly to the surgeon about Lauren's surgery and her situation, and express your concerns on your behalf. You might have to suck up to her a bit and get her on your side, but if the surgeon is made aware of the situation, he may be able to bring the surgery forward.

As Sealy said, sometimes it's hard to be calm on the phone, but i'm sure you'll say all the right things and get her on side.

Best of luck
Andrea

Sealy
17th September 2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by andrea@Sep 17 2005, 01:19 AM
some secretaries are very very strict about the information they give out and are worse than rottweilers when it comes to guarding their masters
Andrea,

I love that analogy :hammer:

conni60640@gmail.com
17th September 2005, 07:45 PM
Cathy, left you several notes, but email me ( conni60640@aol.com ) and I'll give you the addy for the program coordinator... maybe she can help some?

jfkimberly
18th September 2005, 07:20 AM
What about asking the referring doctor for a different referral? Perhaps the nurse is right... maybe Dr. Betz really is busy. Hmph. Still, I can't imagine them not giving Lauren priority with a 70+ degree curve.