PDA

View Full Version : I think someting might be wrong

Kayla
25th May 2004, 10:10 PM
I have been haveing a lot of muscle pain lately and my hands feel weird not the kinda weird when they went paralyzed but just not normal and you never know it could possibly they are gonna be para;yzed again but I am scared so I have a neuro appt. tomorow and hopefully get an MRI scheduled yet again I am gonna be totally pisseds if something is wrong because it will just screw everything up right now not that I have a life but still and if it is my hands are going paralyzed like before..well it was pure luck my total feeling came back with the last surgery PURE LUCK and if they are going down again what if they cant fix it like before because before they didnt think I would get total feeling back so I am just scared because ahhh I cant go through my lifenot being able to tie my shoe or brush my hair or even dare I say it type :cry: I am in desperate need for some :help: I cant tell my mom I feel this bad she knows I dont feel good but still and my dad is out of town and I am a total daddys girl and I feel like crap and hes not here and i am tired ALL the time taking three hour naps when I get home and sleeping a ten hour night and on weekends I sleep even longer I just hope this is me growing up going through those 'changes' I am sorry this is so long I just dont know who else to tell

sins
25th May 2004, 10:27 PM
Kayla,
I'd like to bet that your mom knows how bad you're feeling. She's probably extremely concerned but doesn't want you to know how much.
It's always worrying before a medical appointment and it's worse when you already feel so bad. Try not to be so scared,when you feel weak and tired things always feel worse.Sleep is good for your body....if you didn't need it you wouldn't sleep so much :-) If things are a bit tough physically for you now you need to tell your mother. She's the best one to help you communicate this to your doctors.Why not go find your mom and just give her a big hug and snuggle up tight......she'll take care of you.Good luck with the appointment and as usual we'll be thinking of you. :hug:
Sins

Thaleias spirit
25th May 2004, 10:27 PM
kayla hun...i really dont know what to say that will make you feel any better right now...but you did the right thing in telling someone (ie us)

As much as you dont want to tell your mom...it would be the best thing for youboth if you did...because she'd be more upset if she realised afterwards how scared you felt... believe me i know it will be hard but at least at the appointment tomorrow...she'll be able to help you and ask questions for you that you may be too scared to bring up...

is there any way that you can talk to your dad right now? yell him and let him tell your mom for you even...they wont mind...

I hope tomorrow goes well for you...i will be thinking of you.
and let us know what happens wither way...

Take care Kayla...

chele

jfkimberly
25th May 2004, 10:39 PM
Me---> :hug: <---Kayla

I really hope the weird feeling clears up and nothing's wrong. Please let us know how your appointment goes tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you.

DublinPauline
26th May 2004, 12:15 AM
Kayla, chances are that the wierd feeling won't turn out to be as serious as you fear. Waiting to find out what doctors are going to say is often the worst part. Good luck and we're thinking of you. :hug:

Kayla
26th May 2004, 01:38 AM
My mom told me not to tell my dad while he is on his trip because he never goes on trips and when he does he always comes home a couple days later because he worries about me so he kinda just deserves this trip and if I tell him I dont feel well he will rush which I wouldnt mind if he did but my mom wants him to enjoy his trip

jfkimberly
26th May 2004, 01:44 AM
How long have you been feeling the muscle pain and the weird sensation? Is it sudden?

Marti
26th May 2004, 02:28 AM
Kayla, That sucks that you don't feel well. I really really hope it's not to serious and you feel better soon!

Blair
26th May 2004, 02:51 AM
EEEK. ((((((HUGS))))). Best of luck at your appointment!

Carly
26th May 2004, 06:18 AM
Oh kayla i am sure everything will work out just fine. It is a good thing you are catching it early and seeing a doctor. you have done all that you can. it is good that you told your mom.... good luck and i will be thinking of you
HUGS!

mark
26th May 2004, 10:04 AM
I hope everything goes well for your appointment kayla and you get things sorted out quickly and start feeling better soon

BarmyArmy
26th May 2004, 11:44 AM
Awwww Kayla :hug: you never seem to get a break do you? I hope you talked to you Mum properly, she's probably just as worried as you.

I hope you'll be okay and I'm sure the appointment will be fine. You'll be in my thoughts :-)

*sends millions of hugs to Kayla* :D

BlueIce
26th May 2004, 12:40 PM
i hope you'll be fine, it seems like you've had enough to deal with already so i really hope everything turns out OK.
Good luck Kayla!

Kayla
27th May 2004, 01:46 AM
We went to the appt and I told the doc everything I thought and he said ok well your 6 month check up MRI is in July and I said well dont you think we should get it earlier and hes all well maybe your right (like duh!) so we will have that soon

Jonny
27th May 2004, 01:58 AM
That sounds kinda disappointing Kayla but I'd be inclined to believe that nothing's wrong. It's good the MRI has been brought forward.

M.Magudulela
27th May 2004, 01:08 PM
Kayla
I don't know what to say to you now, but I hope everything works out fine for you. At one stage I also experienced numbness, spasms,pins and needles on my left leg and shakes on my left hand. I was sent for MRI because my Dr thaught
my spinal cord was compressed by the curves, but the results showed nothing wrong. I still get them every now and then but not as bad as before. What I'm trying to say is maybe there's nothing seriously wrong. Maybe your Doc will put you on medication and you'll be fine.

Hope this and other posts will make you feel better.

HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS

Maria M

Kayla
27th May 2004, 04:04 PM
Thanks M.Maqudulela but this has nothing to do with my scoliosis I also have another condition called Chiari Malformation Syringomyelia and have multiple surgeries becasue of it and everytime I start feeling weird it seems I need another surgery so I dont know it probably is nothing but the MRI will show

M.Magudulela
27th May 2004, 05:32 PM
Ooh,sorry I was not aware of that, but still I think you need to keep thinking positive. Please know that I'll always be with you in prayers, and we all here for you.

H U G S

Maria M.

Pikey
27th May 2004, 08:52 PM
Poor Kayla , life sucks sometimes . You do seem to go through the wars to many times , I can only add my prayers and hope that you MRI has some good results . I lost feeling in my hands because of my bad neck , C5and C6 seem to be the ones that have something to do with you hands and I guess if you worry and tense up that feeling gets worse . I hope you feel better soon , take care .xxxx

BarmyArmy
27th May 2004, 11:49 PM
Hopefully this won't be anything too serious and can be treated quickly and easliy Kayla. Good luck with the MRI :hug:

Marti
28th May 2004, 03:58 AM
aww Kayla :hug: I hope you feel better. here's a virtual teddy bear to hug :bear:

Kayla
28th May 2004, 04:05 AM
Thanks Martha! :) It sure would be a relief to have a clean MRI havtn had one in a while :( I had a dizzy spell today though so thats no good

Marti
28th May 2004, 04:07 AM
ugh... dizziness is evil. I get dizzy really easily. I joke that I'll never need to do drugs because almost everytime I get a headache I feel like I'm floating.

Kayla
30th May 2004, 03:48 AM
I just got home from the hospital =[ I woke up at about 5:30 with a headache and I took a tylenol and then woke up at 7 agai vommiting and with a terrible headache so we got to the hospital about 9ish and I didnt get any pain meds till bout 11:30ish =[ I had a CT scan and it cam out normal so they are gonna put me on some migraine meds and if those dont work I can go back in and the MRI will be scehduled within a few days..So how was your day?

Carly
30th May 2004, 07:22 AM
aawww kayla i hope everything is okay! that sounds horriable. i hope you feel better soon and that everything goes well

Jonny
31st May 2004, 12:15 PM
Sounds nasty. Hope you're back in circulation soon and good luck for MRI. :-)

jfkimberly
31st May 2004, 10:52 PM
Aww... Kayla, I hope you feel better soon. Have you had a migraine before? Do you think that's what it is?

BarmyArmy
31st May 2004, 11:03 PM
That's terrible Kayla :( I hope the doctors can help you and soon :hug:

Marti
1st June 2004, 12:36 AM
that's awful Kayla! I hope the meds work.

Kayla
1st June 2004, 03:49 PM
no I do not think its migraines thats just ther conclusion they like to come up with if the CT comes out normal

Marti
2nd June 2004, 12:18 AM
Kayla, it's better than my doctor's conclusion for my chronic headaches. "They're just tension headaches because you're a good student"

BarmyArmy
2nd June 2004, 12:32 AM
Oh that's pitiful reason Martha :roll: I can't believe they said that to you.

Kayla
2nd June 2004, 04:08 AM
I know its not migraines becasue a while back ago I was having a TERRIBLE headache and they thought migraines (migraines to them kinda says oh shes faking) trust me thats what it means so thats why I hate the fact that they think its migraines btw a while back agop it ended up me hemmoraging again so I showed them I mean hello!!!! I know my body!

titch
2nd June 2004, 09:52 AM
Headaches are one of those things that people really seem to have difficulty believing in for some reason. I've had truly appalling headaches, that have literally had me hysterical with pain, in a worse state than I have ever been with surgical pain, but trying to get any kind of an answer as to why is an uphill struggle - they were just assumed to be atypical migraines.

I eventually found out at 24 what was causing them, this after getting gradually worsening bouts of them for a good 15 years, because with this particular attack - the first major one I had subsequent to my first spine surgery, also at that point the worst attack I had had by a looooooooooooooooong way - I discovered that things were worse when I was lying down, and also I would get momentary relief if I moved my head and my neck cracked.

I had another attack 2 years later, but since then it's been 5 years until my most recent attack of it which is ongoing now, but somewhat under control, thankfully. I can mostly stave them off by regular massages and also making sure that I have specs when needed, so that I don't go peering at things and hyper extending my neck.

Kayla, you're certainly right - you know your body better than anyone else! At the risk of sounding paranoid, I will say that it seems to me that all too many doctors are overly willing to dismiss health complaints in females and think us hysterical instead. It's most infuriating! Fingers crossed though, that although it might not be migraines for you, it hopefully isn't anything that bad either :-)

Kayla
2nd June 2004, 04:08 PM
yah I hope its not migraines but hope its nothing bad either we already know its not a hemmorage so thats good

jfkimberly
2nd June 2004, 09:51 PM
How are you feeling now, Kayla? Any better?

Kayla
11th June 2004, 09:20 PM
These last couple days have been freakin hell I got sick on lets see... Tuesday Night so stayed home on Wed. and had a biggie headache and Wed. Night all night I was up and down throwing up with again a major headache and on Thurs. I still had the major headache so my mom gave me a codeine but it was like the last one since my last surgery so we called the doctor and they wrote another prescribtion but I only use it if its a bad headache I dont wanna turn into a druggie hehe anyways how was your day?

jfkimberly
11th June 2004, 09:48 PM
Wow... my day is a lot better than yours. In fact, my only complaint is that I picked up a bad bunch of chiggers when I went to our 'farm' (my land) on Wednesday. I've been scratching such nasty holes in my flesh that I could shave with a 12 year old Bic razor and not know the difference.

For those of you who don't know (and I'm sure that's everybody), read about chiggers here:
http://science.howstuffworks.com/question488.htm

Marti
12th June 2004, 01:44 AM
ouch! sounds painful Kimberly. and Kayla, I hope the headaches get better. I know how much it sucks to have headaches. In fact, whatdya know? I have one right now. Anyways, I hope you feel better soon *hugs and kisses*

Kayla
12th June 2004, 02:40 AM
My MRI is finally sceduled! For the 28th

jfkimberly
12th June 2004, 04:05 AM
Good luck, Kayla! I hope it's good news. Of course, with all the pain and sickness you've been having, I don't know what could constitute good news.

titch
12th June 2004, 01:56 PM
I hope all goes well with the MRI Kayla! *hugs*

Kaja
12th June 2004, 05:09 PM
Good luck!! :D xxxx

ivanleg
12th June 2004, 05:15 PM
Are chiggers what the British called midges?

Good luck for the 28th Kayla.

jfkimberly
12th June 2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by ivanleg@Jun 12 2004, 10:15 AM
Are chiggers what the British called midges?
I'm not British and I didn't pick up any of the pests when I was in England, so I couldn't be sure. What's a midge?

mark
14th June 2004, 12:46 PM
Kimberley: a midge is a nasty little gnat which just loves human blood once bitten they leave a nasty itch. Very prevalent in Scotland

M.Magudulela
14th June 2004, 04:43 PM
GOOD LUCK, KAYLA.

jfkimberly
14th June 2004, 09:44 PM
"Gnats" fly, right? Chiggers don't fly. They reside in tall grass and get on your clothes when you walk through it.

Kayla
14th June 2004, 09:52 PM
chiggers and gnats? ewww I dont lke bugs at all!

jfkimberly
14th June 2004, 10:45 PM
You'd hate Arkansas, then, Kayla. There are a lot more bugs here than in California. Maybe I should move. Bugs and I don't get along... especially when they find me tasty.

mark
15th June 2004, 12:31 PM
Midges fly in swarms the pesky little blighters

Starting to itch just thinking about it

BarmyArmy
15th June 2004, 12:31 PM
Good luck on the 28th Kayla, we'll all be thinking of you :hug:

BTW Midges are evil wee things :hammer:

Kayla
29th June 2004, 07:48 PM
I had my MRI yesterday!!! hehe It went REALLY well I dont know if I have told you the stories of my MRI's but I come out violently! It's because I o under anesthetic and I just wake up so evil! This time though I woke up weepy which I think is a lot easier on my parents and nurses hehe well I dont know when I will get the results but keep our fingers crossed but not both hands because thats bad luck!

Blair
29th June 2004, 07:49 PM
So glad it went better for you! Will keep ONE set of fingers crossed for you. Definitely not two! ;-)

Marti
30th June 2004, 12:06 AM
*crosses only one set of fingers*

Kaja
30th June 2004, 12:09 AM
*does too*

BarmyArmy
30th June 2004, 12:16 AM
Yup I'm crossing mine too :D I'm glad it went well Kayla :niceone:

jfkimberly
30th June 2004, 12:55 AM
*crosses one set of fingers* Good luck, Kayla! Let us know as soon as you get the results.

titch
30th June 2004, 12:21 PM
My father used to have to warn people if he had to have a general for any reason, as the old fashioned ones used to have him come out of them in a punching fury. Although he isn't huge, about 5'10, he used to do a lot of weight training and knew how to handle himself, so he had the potential to be quite a danger to anyone in his reach.

I had a minor exploratory knee op a few years ago, and came out of that one incredibly weepy and sorry for myself.

Fingers crossed for a good result Kayla - is it bad luck for toes to be crossed as well? :-P

Kayla
30th June 2004, 06:58 PM
also kind of uncomfy :(

DublinPauline
30th June 2004, 10:38 PM
Good luck Kayla. :niceone: :niceone:

Kayla
1st July 2004, 08:34 PM

Abbi
1st July 2004, 09:00 PM
Yeah, good luck Kayla! You have been through a lot!
I will be praying for you. When is your next appointment?

Lieve
1st July 2004, 10:02 PM
*fingers crossed for good news ;-)

Kayla
1st July 2004, 10:30 PM
ummm. I think the next appt. isnt untill the 28th :( a month away from my MRI but they wouldve called if something bad was wrong and they havnt so I guess thats a good thing!

andrea
1st July 2004, 10:50 PM
Hi Kayla

It took us 3 weeks to get our MRI results back. I'm sure it's different in each area, but apparently here it takes them a long time to analyse them (?). I have the appropriate things crossed to wish you luck.

sins
2nd July 2004, 12:38 PM
Hi Kayla,
Hopefully all will be well with your results.Andrea....did Erin's MRI show anything out of the ordinary?
Sins

andrea
2nd July 2004, 05:35 PM
Hi Sins

No, nothing showed up, but to be honest I have no idea what they were looking for. I was kind of concentrating on the jacket stuff. I guess it was just any abnormalities with the spinal cord or related problems. I don't know if everyone with scoliosis has one, do they?

Kayla
2nd July 2004, 07:45 PM
My chiari is what caused the scoliosis because fluid was building up in my spinal cord and there was no place it could escape therfore making pressure in the spinal cord and bending my spine

Joy
3rd July 2004, 06:45 PM
Hey Kayla, hope you start feeling better real soon. I'l be thinking of you! When I had my MRI, it took 4 months to get the results back! Arg. *hugs*

lindzi_11
5th July 2004, 07:41 PM
Hi Kayla

aw i'm always here for you if you need to talk to someone you can add me on msn if u want. ~*~ Lindsay~*~

Kayla
21st July 2004, 04:47 AM
I saw the neurologist today and we came to the conclusion of migraines and to keep tkaing the inderal and that its actually a good thing I am taking the celexa because inderal will make me more depressed so the celexa will balance it out :-) so fairly easya ppt for once

Marti
21st July 2004, 06:14 AM
Don't you just love easy appointments?

Kayla
21st July 2004, 10:29 PM
oh yes