PDA

View Full Version : Getting an error message after logging in

It is 'KMaxwell'
30th July 2013, 07:37 PM
Hello, I registered for the Scolosis support website on April 2013 and all was good until I decided to look at my CP (control panel?) page on Sunday and mess with my settings. I changed the 'style' from default and ever since then whenever I log into the website, I get an error message window that states "500 Internal server error. There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed."

I really would like to get logged in as I am scheduled for surgery in the near future and have questions for the good folks in the group. I guess I can re-register but don't want to lose all my past posts, friends, etc.

Have you seen this error before and if so, do you have an idea of how I can correct it?

Thanks a bunch for your time!
Kay (Kirsten Maxwell)

GillyG
30th July 2013, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry, I have no idea what is happening here :( I've been into the settings and you appear to be still be registered as normal. I re-saved your registration details in case that helps but otherwise I'm afraid we need to wait until someone who knows the forum software better can check things out for you.

Username = KMaxwell
31st July 2013, 12:13 AM
Thanks for trying Gilly. I really don't know what I did to mess it up. It's definitely related to my user set-up though as I can navigate through the website just fine until I log-in then I only see the error message. :(

I guess I may try re-registering, though I had to lose my previous set-up info.

-Kay

User name = KMaxwell
31st July 2013, 02:51 AM
Gilly,

If you can access my profile, can you change my Style Chooser back to Default? I think it's the 'Lightweight' setting that's not compatible with my computer for some reason. (I was able to recreate the error by choosing 'Lightweight' in the Style choose drop down at the bottom left of this web page.) Thanks a bunch for your help!

-Kay

GillyG
31st July 2013, 05:30 PM
Ok, I've changed you back to the Forum Default Style, see how you get on with that and let me know if you have any further problems :)

KMaxwell
31st July 2013, 10:26 PM
Gilly, you are BRILLIANT. :) I am totally able to log in now. Thanks so much!

-Kay

GillyG
2nd August 2013, 09:49 AM
Ah, so glad that worked, welcome back! :D