PDA

View Full Version : The Ethan Sherman Foundation

Jessica*
15th April 2004, 05:30 PM
I stumbled across this and was curious what do you guys think?

The Ethan Sherman Foundation was formed because a number of years ago I hurt my back and self-treated my condition. After a period of trial and error I made a number of wonderful discoveries about the spinal column: I discovered how to actually straighten my spine and limbs by using my senses. This is an on going situation that occurs daily. I also discovered that the spinal column is being destroyed in a way we do not realize. The spine works like a tuning fork. As new products came into being after the Second World War their sounds were of a different type than in the past. These newer sounds evoked this tuning fork quality and destroyed it. It is this very impaired spine that is responsible for the vast increase in illnesses such as Cancer, Heart Disease, Diabetes, and Asthma, even though cause and effect are not apparent.

So he uses his mind to straighten is spine...hmm now that rhymes.
Is it possible? Believe it or not?

mark
15th April 2004, 06:01 PM
After the war peoples lives suddenly became faster and everyone had more and more leisure time and with this peoples attitudes changed and became more liberal and we started consuming foods / drinks / alcohol / drugs that our fore fathers had never or very rarely touched. So our bodies had to adapt to whole new way of life. So along with this came new diseases and conditions because with ying you have to have yang.

And science exploded diseases and conditions were discovered which had been killing us for years and we never knew what they were

We have also messed around with what we eat, more and more additives have been added to prolong shelf life colourings to enhance the food and make it look nicer more and more sugar and salt has been added to our food and the explosion in ready to eat foods

And the vast growth of the fast food / eating out mentality that we have has all added things to our our bodies that were never there before hence the rise in childhood obesity, adult obesity rates, alergic reactions to food colourings etc. All these put stresses and strains on our hearts and bodies which in turn lead to rises in all the conditions mentioned.

The mind is a powerful thing and has been shown time and time again over the years to do things you would not think possible. If it is true then good luck to the bloke he should write a book and let us all share his secret. But as to whether i believe in what he claims i think i would have to read a little more about what he claims. I would also like to know a little more about he discovered his discoveries.

I do not dismiss his claims out of hand i am maybe alitttle sceptical i would need to sit down and take a good long look at it but it is interesting and intriguing as i said the mind once fully opened is wonderful thing.

floralgypsy
15th April 2004, 06:26 PM
It is not the first time that I have heard of mental methods that aid in the correct of scoliosis. A few years ago when I was studying psychology A-Level, we came across a subject known as bio-feedback, which was used to correct scoliosis in children.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...1&dopt=Abstract (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2175121&dopt=Abstract)

It as a very interesting topic to me, being the only one in the class with scoliosis (that I knew of). I'm not sure whether it is useful in treating the disorder, but I guess if it works for someone, then to them it is beneficial.

sins
15th April 2004, 06:39 PM
I have no problem with the concept of using energy as a healing force.However this guy loses all hope of convincing me that he is capable of coherent reason.
He adds at the end of his intro.........

"I noticed that biblical people lived very long lives until the story of Babel. Immediately after that story their life spans dropped. In other words the language changed, and the life span dropped. I noticed that when the Bible was read in a certain way in Hebrew, before Babel no word could be phonetically accented. After Babel accents crept into the language and the people did not live nearly as long. I wanted the Book of Genesis analyzed in Hebrew phonetically to see if extreme longevity might be related to language rather than genetics."

I'll take my chances with a scoliosis consultant.

I rest my case. :roll:

2c
15th April 2004, 10:20 PM
I like your explanation Mark.

I read somewhere a long time ago that someone cured themselves of cancer by using their mind.

What he did was in a sense relax themselves to the point were the body was asleep, but the mind was awake. He then visualised the cancer as a form of large rodent and his body defenses as knights in armour - and over a period of several months of the knights killing the rodents he went into remission.

I see no reason why this can't be done. Considering yoga experts can lower their resting heart rate below normal levels which according to doctors isn't possible.

I played around with self hipnosis a long time ago and the feeling of being awake, while the body slept was incredible!

My 2p.

mark
15th April 2004, 11:26 PM
Thankyou 2c

I try to keep an open mind about most things and i would really like it to be the case because it would relieve a lot of people from a lot of suffering so if a book comes out i will buy it

If only because i think it would be a fascinating read

The only two experiences i have had with opening the mind were about 10 years ago and both came within a space of a couple of nights.

The first one was in the middle of night i awoke to find myself looking down at my body and no matter how hard i tried i could not get back into my body and the second one was i was again out of my body but much more relaxed and i made it to the door but could not figure out how to open it. Ispent was what like hours figuring a way out of the door but i never made it.

I know that it was'nt a dream because i dream a lot and it was totally different feeling i put it down to tapping into something that was going on in my life at the time but i have never had that experience since.

It made me kind of sad it never happened again because once over the initial fear it was a wonderful feeling.

Sorry i am rambling i will stop now

Marti
16th April 2004, 05:48 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure I totally believe it, but I believe it could help a bit. Maybe not correct the scoliosis completely but relieve some of the pain? Or maybe it even could correct the scoliosis. It's definitely more believable than all that raindrop healing stuff.

I've always wanted an out of body expereince. We talked about them in Youth Group a few weeks ago. I definitely believe that the mind can do things. Proof: take a thread and string it through a paperclip. hold both ends of the thread in one hand. hold your hand still, but concentrate on the paperclip moving in a circle or line. You can even get it to switch directions!

So I totally believe that stuff, I just think I'd want to have other treatment too.

Jessica*
16th April 2004, 08:11 AM
I don't really believe the mind could control the paper clip but I do believe how the mind is able to lower the resting heart beat and somethings like that. Afterall, the mind controls the body.

"What's mind? No matter. What's matter? Never mind"

Hehe, had to slip that quote it.

Umm, but how I analyse what the guy is saying, is that we can control our body. Just focus, do what he says and you can straighten your spine. How I see it, is that he's saying that our mind curves our spine also (not intentially of course).

Yada yada yada, I'm too hungry to continue and I have a headache.
By the way, Carly says "if you get into scoliosis support would mind talling everyone that i am still alive ;) just havent had the time. i have only posted two times... i miss everyone"

:) ttfn

ivanleg
16th April 2004, 02:06 PM
Sorry but I don't for a second believe that mind power is going to make your spine straighter. When you're in the middle of your growth spurt and your spine is curving like mad from 35 to 60 degrees in the space of a few months you can't tell me 'thinking' really hard is going to make one jot of difference.

As for the paperclip on a string, that's exactly the same as the water divining trick where you hold a wire in both your hands and it "magically" veers downwards as you walk over ground with water in it. Put the divining rod or paperclip-on-string between two stationary objects and nothing moves. Why is that? Because your hands are causing the movement. If it was your brain causing the movement, how come you can't make it move when it's NOT sitting in your hands??? For goodness sake, countless tests have shown that divining is no better than random guessing - one test here for example:
http://www.skeptics.com.au/journal/mitta2002.htm

I believe there are things you can instantly dismiss, and that if you don't instantly dismiss them you're being daft, not "open minded". Things like:
- leprechauns
- tooth fairies
- scientology
- scoliosis cure through aromatherapy
are just ridiculous; they don't warrant further investigation.

Go ahead and call me the SSO Cynic, I don't mind. There's a place for everyone in this world. Somebody has to be suggestible and hypnotisable or we'd never have those shows where people run around convinced they're chickens. And look at the millions of Germans who demonstrated great qualities of 'open-mindedness' by following Hitler like sheep. I would have dismissed him instantly as a crackpot but hey I'm close-minded.

For the record I too am fascinated by what fakirs and yoga experts can do with their minds. I'm sure there's a lot we could do with our minds if we exercised them more. In the same way there's a lot you could do with your body if you were prepared to spend 6 hours in a gym every day from the age of four. But curing cancer? Straightening spines? I'm sorry I've seen one too many people hope, pray, believe in themselves and still end up dead or crippled.

If one or two people out of a million have a miraculous cure that's great. They're the exception that proves the rule. There's nothing to say they wouldn't have had EXACTLY the same miraculous result if they had only eaten bananas instead of being positive, for instance. Does it therefore prove that eating bananas cures cancer or straightens spines? No. Only for one in a million people.

Kayla
16th April 2004, 04:05 PM
I guess if it wasnt that severe of a curve?

mark
16th April 2004, 06:16 PM
You have hit nail right on the head ivan there is a place for everyone and there opinions in this world, thats what makes it such a fascinating place.

If everyone thought and did the same we would all be walking round like robots looking, thinking and speaking identically which gives wanna be Hitlers the opportunity they crave to do what ever evil they dream up.

Somethings however need a little more investigation which all keeps the mind ticking over and stops us from getting bored.

Kayla
17th April 2004, 01:41 AM
its funny to mention HItler right now because we are learning about the Holocaust well Its never funny but you know what I mean

Carly
17th April 2004, 04:06 AM
aaahh i dunno about all that... it seems a bit far fetched just like the oil and rain drop therapy we stumbled upon awhile back. everyone has their own opinions and experiences i guess....

Marti
17th April 2004, 05:06 AM
Just to say, I know that the reason the paper clip moves is becuase you move it. But what I find cool is that you arent' thinking "hands move". you're thinking "paper clip move" I just think it's cool that you sub conciously move the paper clip. But not everyone thinks that's cool. I usually don't believe in that stuff, but the enviroment where I first did it was really cool.

Ivy, you mean the tooth fairy isn't real!!!??? ;-)

I dunno. I totally see that everyone has their own opinions on this, so I'm not trying to get everyone to see things my way or anything. I don't really think you could cure scoliosis with your mind. But there are things where just meditatingcan help. For example, when I had my horrible headaches a few weeks ago I read that sometimes just concentrating on your breathing and on making your bloodvessles in your head calm down can help. So I tried it. And it helped! True, it didn't help for long after I stopped, but it did help a bit. Basically, my thought on the matter is: Try meditation type stuff. But don't put all your energy into just that. Also try some more conventional methods. Because mental stuff won't hurt.

mark
17th April 2004, 03:16 PM
When i first started putting my teeth under the pillow on a night i used to get a penny.

Now i have to put them in a glass of antiseptic at the side of the bed

:lol:

Jonny
18th April 2004, 12:53 AM
Kayla, funny you should say that - it's Yom HaShoah tomorrow (Holocaust Day)

I believe the mind can control that that the mind deals with. If your mind made your spine curve, then surely it would have some power over it. But it's as good as proved it's normal physics that make it curve. Gravity, mainly. So once something's started to curve, there's very little you can do about it with your mind.

Pain's different, though. Just as you can switch a computer off that connects a big red button to a bomb, you could tell the mind not to give you pain, since it's the mind that processes it.

Carly
18th April 2004, 03:28 AM
i will let the doctors figure that all out ;-) i just dont get it buut it interests me a great deal. whenever i wonder "why is my spine crooked and why did it happen" my brain starts to hurt. It is like thinking about the universe.....

Marti
18th April 2004, 04:44 AM
Too true Carly!

Carly
19th April 2004, 02:04 AM
by they way, is there any new leads as to why scoliosis forms? for example idiopathic???

Kayla
19th April 2004, 04:20 AM
I know it can happen if you carry something to heavy or like take me for instance if fluid builds up in your spine and there is no way fot it to come out because there is a bone where its not supposed to be lOL yah but I doubt any of you have to worry about that lOL

Marti
19th April 2004, 05:15 AM
I actually don't think it can happen if you carry something heavy. My doctor wrote an article for a newspaper saying that heavy backpacks can't cause back problems such as scoliosis, but if you already have back problems it can make them worse.

Jessica*
19th April 2004, 05:45 AM
Like with every problem in life, there is no one true answer. Everyone is different, blah blah blah - you've all heard that.

All I know, is that from factoring causes the muscles in the spine SOMEHOW allow the spine to curve away from it's initial pose. That's enough for me, I've given up looking for an answer but if I was told the answer to my case I'd like to know.

Carly
19th April 2004, 03:31 PM
i really wish there was an answer....

mark
20th April 2004, 06:09 PM
But if you knew the answer would it not not pose more un anserable questions.

Does that make sense

Carly
21st April 2004, 06:38 AM
nope.....

maybe that is what i should do when i grow up, find the cause of scoliosis.... nah too hard :P

Jessica*
22nd April 2004, 01:50 PM
Well, if you ever do, feel free to share it with us!

Carly
23rd April 2004, 04:45 AM
okedokee!

Marti
24th April 2004, 06:41 AM
Yes, please do share if you do. I wanted to find a cure for cancer until I realized I'd have to go to medical school and dissect stuff. Including frogs. I can't deal with that. :shock:

Carly
24th April 2004, 06:15 PM
yah i would love to become a doctor but i cant deal with gross stuff so i have decided to work in a hospital but do something with kids, i dont know what that is yet?