PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Yvette and Adam

newgirl
30th May 2005, 04:54 PM
Hi Yvette,
Just wanted to wish you and Adam the very best of luck tomorrow with the MRI.
Let us know how you get on when you get a chance.
:squeeze:
Nicola

sins
30th May 2005, 09:41 PM
Good luck Yvette,
Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
Sins

Abbi
30th May 2005, 10:21 PM
Good luck! Hope it all goes well! ur in my thougths and prayers :hugs:

tonibunny
30th May 2005, 10:36 PM
Hi Yvette,

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...please do let us know how things go.

:hug:

Toni xxx

shortgirl
31st May 2005, 06:04 AM
Good luck ! :)

Jonny
31st May 2005, 01:27 PM
I hope it's going well and I look forward to hearing the best :-)

franie
31st May 2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks to everyone for the good wishes. Our appointment is actually tomorrow but i don't have a clue when we will get the results. I will let you all know how we get on.

Yvette

franie
3rd June 2005, 09:00 AM
Hi all.

Well thank God that is over.. what a day! Because Adam is a patient in Crumlin hospital we had to go there first in the morning. They did nothing but loads of paperwork, weigh him, take his temp and his blood pressure. We then had to drive across to Blackrock hospital as Crumlin don't have an MRI machine. I didn't mind all of this as i had been informed but i did kick up a fuss about their asking us to be there at 8am with him fasting from midnight when the literature i got from the MRI dept said tht he was to check in there at 1pm. So they pushed back the morning appointment until 10:30 and said that he could eat before 7am.

If i hadn't made that call, we would have abandoned the whole thing as we were left waiting until 3:30 until they came for him. I was livid, we got there at 1 oc clock and we assured that due to his age he would be first on the list as he was already hungry. By 2:30 we were just getting passed from one person to the other and no one seemed to know who or why we were told that we were first on the list. We kept getting told " another 20 mins". So at 3pm when they came and said that it would be another 20 mins, we threatened to leave as he was very upset at this stage and saying " Yum yum" louder and louder. I felt terribly quilty, so we said that one way or another we were leaving at 3:30. They came in just before that.

i rang the consltant yesterday moring to ask when i can expect results as i got a different story from everyone i asked in the hopital. I got his secretary and she said that he was in surgery all day and he is now on holidays for a week... Great!! I just get so frustrated with these people as she asked me where the scan was now?. I told her that i didn't know but surely she should know, she said that she would look into it, try and get in touch with the doctor before he went on hiolidays and get back to me.. she didn't.

Anyway i will have to just hang on now until Monday week when he returns from holidays.

Sorry for the big moan, but i was furious with all the crap that we had to go through for a scan that took 40 mins..

Have a good weekend all.

Yvette

sins
3rd June 2005, 04:46 PM
:???: That was appalling treatment.usually you'd imagine that they'd prioritise fasting toddlers.I honestly don't know what I'd have done in that situation.I think Andrea had a similar experience during Erin's last cast change.Ring back the secretary on Monday, I assume you'll have to make an appointment to see your consultant and have the results discussed with you.Try and get him to tell you over the phone if possible.
If you've had it done as a private patient,it should be just a matter of having it read and the results sent over to Crumlin.Try phoning the secretary again on Tuesday or Crumlin.
Don't panic though, he's not going to need any urgent treatment as his scoliosis isn't advanced,I'm sure it's just a routine scan as he's so young.
Don't let it ruin your weekend and hopefully your blood pressure has returned to normal.
P.S Hope he enjoyed his tea
;-)

newgirl
3rd June 2005, 08:17 PM
Oh Yvette, that is a dreadful experience, there is nothing worse than trying to entertain a hungry child. I did not realise that Crumlin didn't have an MRI, we attend Temple St. and they have one, so I know now how lucky we were. With regard to the results, I suggest you ring the radiology department in Crumlin, if the scan was organised through Crumlin, the results will go back to their system as well. Just explain that you would like to know when they expect to have the results back and how you go about getting them. (I usually find a quavering voice helps in these situations, the poor staff can never tell an upset mother to p*ss off :cry: ) I also think that you should let Crumlin know how you were treated in Blackrock as they may need to re evaluate the timing procedures if kids are been left to fast all day.
Anyway, enjoy the long weekend, hope the weather picks up over there for you,
Nicola

Sealy
3rd June 2005, 08:24 PM
Yvette, big (((((hugs))))) to you and little Adam. There is nothing worse than starving a poor child all day - these kids just don't understand why they can't eat or drink. What a nightmare for you. I would complain and hopefully it won't happen again :woe:

Sealy