PDA

View Full Version : Lauren Bad just got really bad

momofalotofrugrats
14th May 2005, 03:05 AM
Well our world has been turned upside down tonight. It's not what they first thought it is actually something called NeoBlaastoma (Spelling) No one wanted to tell us the results as we started calling yesterday to find out that it had been read and we were waiting for our doctor in ortho to call well he was on leave. So I started calling again then Chris did. About 4 pm this evening the flood gates opened we were getting more calls then we could handle it went from her having an appt Monday morning to they wanted her admitted tonight. We asked if it was ok to wait until morning they said ok. They have a lot of test to run before they can do surgery Tuesday to remove the mass tumor. They won't be able to remove it all as it's extended into her spinal cord. So we have to pray it's benign if it's cancer then chemo and radiation will be needed they are also going to do a Bone Marrow Biopsy. We Canceled the youngest birthday party for tomorrow. DH's dad and step mom just called and they just pulled into their Hotel. At least there's an airshow this weekend so they will have something to do with the older boys. I will be staying with Lauren at the hospital I'm scared to let the military do the surgery, We don't seem to have a choice. Well I better finished getting packed for the morning. Please keep us all in your prayers especially Lauren Monday night and Tuesday morning Thanks Cathy

Thaleias spirit
14th May 2005, 03:11 AM
Oh Cathy .. Im so sorry to hear this !!
I truly wish there was something I could say or do right now to help you through this difficult time ... I really hope the tumour is benign and that they can remove as much of it as possible for her ... and start ant treatment as soon as possible.

I will keep you all in my thoughts and my prayers over the coming days ...

:squeeze: :hug: :squeeze:
(I guess you could do with a million of these right now)

We are all here for you ...

chele

Amazed Jean
14th May 2005, 05:28 AM
Little Lauren will be in my every thought, as will her parents. Hang in there. You are doing everything you can so obviously its the right thing. Don't forget to take a notebook so you can right stuff down as it occurs to you. Its also a good idea to write down what the doctors say to you. A half hour after they say something I always think,"ok he said this, and this, -now what else?" I think parent's brains just kick into a fog sometimes to protect our sanity. Its going to be hectic for awhile for you please know that we are all here for you. Good luck and God Speed.

newgirl
14th May 2005, 05:40 AM
Cathy, I am so sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and little Lauren and the rest of your family.
If it is of any support to you at all, I used to work as a radiation therapist, and most blastoma type tumours are very treatable. Even if they cannot surgically remove all the tumour, chemo and radiation therapy have a very good reputation for killing off residual tumours in these sensitive sites. Lauren and you all have a very long road ahead of you, take care and we will be thinking of you.
Nicola :hug:

jfkimberly
14th May 2005, 06:32 AM
Oh, Cathy, this is so overwhelming. I'm glad you've got family there to assist you. Your family will be in my thoughts. I hope you're able to come back to us very soon to tell us that she's out of surgery and doing fine, and that it's benign.

Where is the surgery being done? I know you're apprehensive about the military doing her surgery, but I really wouldn't be alive today if it weren't for them. Honestly.

andrea
14th May 2005, 10:15 AM
Cathy, I am so sorry and sad to read your news. No one expects to be facing something like this and it must be totally overwhelming, worrying and stressful. My thoughts will be with you guys over the next few days. We'll all give our loved ones extra hugs - one for them and one for Lauren - as we kiss them good night. Someone on the board once said that because we are all in different time zones there will always be someone thinking of you. I thought that was lovely and I hope you find some comfort in knowing we are all here wishing her well.

Please let us know as soon as you can that she is through surgery and the results.

You're doing a great job in very difficult circumstances, especially with other children to think about. I sometimes think I don't have enough room in my head for one more child, and have more, so you're doing great.

Take care honey
Andrea
x

mark
14th May 2005, 11:16 AM
You, Lauren and your family are in my thoughts i truly pray the surgery is successful and Lauren doesn't have to go through chemo and radiation.

sins
14th May 2005, 11:21 AM
Hi Cathy,
You, your family and Lauren are in our thoughts and prayers.We're hoping for a successsful surgery and dearly wish there was something we could do to help with all this.At least it's happening soon, no long waiting.Let us know as soon as you can find a pc.
Sins

titch
14th May 2005, 01:35 PM
My thoughts are with you :squeeze:

DublinPauline
14th May 2005, 03:44 PM
I'll be thinking of little Lauren and you and keeping my fingers crossed for successful treatment.
Pauline

Sealy
14th May 2005, 10:54 PM
Cathy,

I so very sorry to hear the latest update. Can you post a picture of Lauren so that we can all visualize this little girl and send healing thoughts her way ?

Sealy

shortgirl
15th May 2005, 02:40 AM
*sending good thoughts and prayers your way*