PDA

View Full Version : Update Lauren's CT Scan

momofalotofrugrats
13th May 2005, 09:53 PM
Hi All

We just got off the phone with two different doctors giving us information on her scan Well it's not what they were thinking it sounds like it going to be a worse issue. We are going to see a nerosurgon (Spelling) Monday at 8:30 am at NMCP he's not even sure he can do the biopsies as it's extended in to her spinal cord. Please keep us and especially Lauren in your prays. I'm very freaked out right now as all they know is it's a mass on her spine and now they have to see if it's cancerous or not no one seems to know this is why no one wanted to talk to us. The on call guy was trying to get a hold of the Dr we are seeing Monday before he called us he didn't want to wait for a clinic day so we will be having her seen on the ward. It kind of pisses me off that this was ready on Wednesday and no one tried to get things taken care of then I will keep you'll update as I find out information. I have no idea what we are in for Monday or if I'll be around this coming week. So soon as I have access to a computer I'll let you'll know what is up. I need to run before I start balling. Cathy

andrea
13th May 2005, 10:04 PM
Cathy, big hugs to you too :squeeze: Seems like the night for lots of hugs for us mums. I really don't know what to say with regards to how your appointment will go. I don't have any experience with what was found on her spine, although from what I read I was lead to believe they were benign. I'm sorry to see that this may not be the case. I'm sure it's not that no one wanted to talk to you - they just have nothing to say at this stage. It does sound like they are taking it seriously though, and that has to be a good thing. You'll know what you're dealing with fairly quickly and can then look forward. I know that's not much consolation when you have got the weight of the world on your shoulders.

Good luck on Monday. I'm not one for prayers, but I'll certainly be holding your little one in my thoughts and be thinking of you then.

Take care, and know we are always here for you.
Andrea
x

Sealy
13th May 2005, 10:05 PM
Cathy,

So sorry about the latest news. You are living a nightmare right now. Just try to be strong. How is Lauren feeling ? I was thinking of calling my next child - if I ever one and it's a girl - :-) Lauren. I wish your doctors were more forthcoming with the results. Are you still keeping your appointment with Dr. Betz ? Having a good cry now and again does wonders for me.

Sealy

jfkimberly
14th May 2005, 12:19 AM
Cathy,

I can only imagine how you're feeling right now. If you're not able to get to SSO for a few days, we understand. Just remember that we're all thinking about you and Lauren and hoping the best. Please let us know when you get any news.

Does Lauren appear to be comfortable?

mark
14th May 2005, 12:37 AM
You and your daughter are in my thoughts

mark

Amazed Jean
14th May 2005, 12:48 AM
Cathy,
There is nothing I can say that will help. However, I can assure you that all the people on SSO will be holding you our minds and holding Lauren in our hearts. Please try to get some you time. Crawl in the tub and turn the water on high so you can have a good cry. I hope you are a person that has a drink. A glass of wine got me through several parenting things as our daughter grew up. So pour yourself a glass and think as psitive as you can. There are miracles everyday. I wish I could send you one - instead I'll send hugs.

momofalotofrugrats
14th May 2005, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Sealy@May 13 2005, 08:05 PM
Cathy,

Are you still keeping your appointment with Dr. Betz ? Having a good cry now and again does wonders for me.

Sealy
HI Yes we are still planning to see doctor Betz it seems to be to different issues. Thanks Cathy

franie
15th May 2005, 09:45 PM
Cathy,

I'm new here but i have beebn following your posts and just wanted to wish you andf your family all the best for tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Yvette

LindysMom
17th May 2005, 05:21 AM
Hugs to both you and Lauren. I'm so very sorry that you and your little one are having to go through this. I and my family will be praying for Lauren. Just try to be strong and lean on God. He'll be there for you. Just try to remember that Lauren needs you strong and resolved. God will help get you there.
Much love,
Holly