PDA

View Full Version : cannot register

Unregistered
1st March 2012, 04:57 AM
hi there i have tried registering a few times with the name "twiggy" but it keeps telling me i am a spammer and have been denied. Please can someone fix this. I am a mum with a newly diagnosed 3 yr old who will be getting a cast in a few weeks and want some support : (

titch
1st March 2012, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry you've been having problems with this - unfortunately, if there has been spam from your IP address (which can easily happen as very few people have a fixed IP address, so when it changes you can end up with one which was used for forum spam in the recent past), or if your email address has been used with a fake sign up by a spammer (again, they get them from all over the place, so it can happen to anyone), then the system will reject sign up. We'd love not to have to use the protection at all, because it can prevent legitimate sign ups in some cases, but if we don't have it in place, we get dozens of spam sign ups each day and we don't have enough staff to keep up with it :(

Anyway, I'm really glad that you've let us know. You'll see that just above this there is a forum called Password Requests - everything posted in there is completely hidden and can only be seen by staff. If you post in there with your email address and what you would like us to use as a temporary password for you (which you can change as soon as you log in), we'll get the account set up for you :)

Unregistered
3rd March 2012, 12:59 PM
thank you so much will do this now : )

titch
3rd March 2012, 08:08 PM
'Tis done, so hopefully you should be able to post now - let me know if there are any problems though :)

Looking forward to getting to know you!