PDA

View Full Version : I'm so Excited

momofalotofrugrats
28th April 2005, 03:26 PM
Hi All

I'm so excited I just got off the phone with the Shriners hospitals and Lauren has an Appt with Randell Betz in Philly. It's not until the 21st of June but still at least he knows all about the Veptr so I would hope he would know if she's a canditate or not. Yeah. We will still be seeing the guy at John's Hopkins for the Second opinion I still need to call them but I wanted to let you'll know hopefully we'll get good new and that she won't need the fusion surgery keep your fingers crossed Cathy

Sealy
28th April 2005, 03:34 PM
Cathy,

Wonderful news !!!! Dr. Betz is a great doctor and Shriners in Philly is an excellent facility. I understand Dr. Betz is current president of the Scoliosis Research Society which is a highly regarded exclusive group of orthopaedic surgeons. :-D

momofalotofrugrats
28th April 2005, 03:49 PM
Really All I know is the lady I spoke with said he has magic hands he's the best of the best for the Shriner's Hospitals I had heard his name a lot over the past few days. I just wish it could of been quicker but at least it's set now and I can start planning what to do next after her MRI. Plus the fact he knows all about the Veptr is a huge bonus in my eyes.

Sarahs Mum aka Chrissy
28th April 2005, 03:51 PM
That's great news Cathy - really pleased for you. I'm not sure what Veptr is, but if it's a good alternative to spinal fusion surgery I hope it turns out to be a realistic option for you. Good luck.

Tony

sins
28th April 2005, 03:53 PM
He also knows about vertebral stapling procedures too.I've read some posts about him on the NSF forums and he sounds like a real authority on pediatric scoliosis.That's great news and well done.
Sins

momofalotofrugrats
28th April 2005, 03:57 PM
Hi Sins

No I haven't heard about vertebral stapling procedures do you have any websites I can go to or do I just need to do a search of the web thanks for any help. Cathy

sins
28th April 2005, 04:01 PM
http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/i...=&showtopic=432 (http://www.scoliosis-support.org/modules/ipboard/index.php?s=&showtopic=432)

we have a thread here on sso.Not sure if it would work for your little one, but here's the info on it.Also check up growth rods as another option.
Sins

momofalotofrugrats
28th April 2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks Sins

I just looked up what Dr Betz says about vertebral stapling procedures Lauren's not a canditate unless her degree of curve is less then we were first told 70 degrees. At least by see Dr Betz he seems to know of all options out there for both types of Scoliosis so he will no if our only option is the fusion which I'm really hoping it's not. Thanks again I will keep looking for more information plus this is nice to know about for other mom's dealing with this too. thanks again Cathy

LindysMom
28th April 2005, 04:31 PM
AWESOME NEWS!!!! I really hope for you that you get good news when you see Dr. Betz. Please keep us updated. I think you're correct about the vertebral stapling. Lindy's curve is also 70 degrees and that is why she is not a cadidate for it. But who knows what he'll come up with for your little one? Never give up hope. I promise to say a special prayer for both of you. Good luck!

Amazed Jean
28th April 2005, 05:30 PM
Great news for you. Trust him i've hheard great things about him.

andrea
28th April 2005, 08:54 PM
That's great news Cathy, you must be thrilled. Fingers and everything crossed for some good news. We're back in for the next cast on the 21 June too, so let's hope it's a good day for all!