PDA

View Full Version : sso blogs?

SS2_Dave
6th October 2011, 02:47 PM
Just come up with an idea that a few members might find helpful and I think it would be a good add on to the forums :)

If it's possible could we get an sso blog system available that will allow members to write down thoughts etc on surgery, well being etc that can be set to either public or private for those that wish for somewhere to write there personal feelings?

Thanks

Dave :D

titch
7th October 2011, 11:17 AM
Heya. Been thinking on this, but the main concern I have with it is that certainly last time I looked at them, the vBulletin blogs allowed the user a heck of a lot of control over who could see their posts. Now, I understand that, but the trouble is we're a small community, and stuff like that has the potential to be divisive, and lead people to post all their stuff in the blogs, viewable only by the select few people they allow to read them, rather than on the main board where it really should be. The result is an inactive looking set of forums, not a lot of help for anyone new, and it gets to be difficult to know new people.

I'm not ruling it out completely, but it's a question of whether there's anything which remains open enough, if you see what I mean. It's definitely an idea with potential if the right tech is out there :)

SS2_Dave
10th October 2011, 02:17 AM
Fully understood Titch :) and you are indeed right as we are such a small community maybe a blog will take away some posters who will keep things private which would not help the community at all.

Thanks so much for considering this idea :)

Dave