PDA

View Full Version : Registration Problems

Kyle
22nd September 2011, 04:12 AM
I'm not sure if this is part of the moderated sign up policy like I see at the top of the page, if so go a head and delete this post, but whenever I attempt to register for an account, I see "Registration Denied: This forum runs a policy of not accepting spammers." or some such, and I'm sure I am not getting the Captcha or NoSpam question wrong.

Help? .__.

titch
22nd September 2011, 10:33 AM
Hmm. It may well be that your email address has been picked up by the system as one which has been used by spammers to register at other forums. Unfortunately, they sometimes use legitimately owned addresses and then spoil them for other people :( If you post in the forum above, with the username that you want, and a temporary password (which you'll be able to change as soon as you log in to the account), I'll create your account for you, as that will sidestep the problems you're having :) The password requests forum doesn't allow the posts to be seen by anyone except staff, so no one else will be able to see the password and hijack your account.

I'm really sorry for the problems this has caused you. For years, we didn't run any spam protection at all except requiring people to verify their email addresses, and it was enough. The last couple of years, having Captcha and NoSpam also kept it at bay, but these days it takes a lot more tech, and unfortunately it's heavy handed, but we were simply unable to keep up with it when we reached a point of having literally hundreds per day.

Anyway, hopefully we'll have you registered and posting in no time :)