PDA

View Full Version : Where's your old Brace?

Kayla
12th May 2004, 01:38 AM
Is this your brac for your back or a leg brace? I dont even know where my brace is either!

Marti
12th May 2004, 01:39 AM
my back brace.

Carly
12th May 2004, 03:29 PM
mine is beside my bed, i havent worn it for so long. I was going to last night and then i got the worst stomach ache and that hurts when you have your brace on.

sorry bit of a ramble there

sins
12th May 2004, 06:12 PM
My mother told me that she threw out my brace, but now it appears she burned it! The remains of it still exists so she promised that she'd retrieve it and see what condition it's in :???:

Liv
12th May 2004, 06:38 PM
She burned it!?! :nutter:

sins
12th May 2004, 07:24 PM
Yup....in a barrel out the back!!! I must find out how much if any of it survived the inferno :glee: I've been trying to remember what kind of chin support it had.

ivanleg
12th May 2004, 07:30 PM
Mine's wrapped in a garbage bag at the top of the wardrobe in my old room at my parent's place. Still in one piece. Just waiting for me to whack it with a sledgehammer.. :hammer:

DublinPauline
12th May 2004, 08:17 PM
I have no idea where my (as you can see beautiful) Milwaukee brace went. I'd imagine into the bin in Cappagh Hospital when I was admitted.

Kayla
12th May 2004, 09:52 PM
Mine was hanging around in the back of our car for the longest time ... now I dont know where it is

Marti
13th May 2004, 12:36 AM
I think mine is in our attic... or somewhereelse. I left it up on our third floor when I moved down. Maybe it's still there! I hope not... our tenant is living up there and I don't really want him looking around at my old brace...

Kayla
13th May 2004, 01:32 AM
You have a three story house! wow that must be great is it like the tower kind og three story I have always wanted to live in one of those and pretned I am a princess locked in my tower

jfkimberly
13th May 2004, 07:11 AM
I've never had a brace. Should I feel lucky or left out?

I was in body casts off and on throughout my infancy/toddler-hood. Naturally, we disposed of those after they were removed. Mom says they smelled. *wrinkled nose*

Carly
13th May 2004, 03:21 PM
even though i still have my brace and continue to wear it, i think after i am done i will keep it. As much as I hate it, it will be neat to show my kids one day.

Kayla
13th May 2004, 03:52 PM
Kimberly consider yourself lucky!

Crazy16girl
13th May 2004, 05:05 PM
Mine are both in the loft :clap:

tonibunny
13th May 2004, 06:08 PM
I had a succession of Milwaukee braces and bodycasts (and then a couple of TLSOs) cos I wore them as a kiddie and kept outgrowing them. They all got returned to the hospital and binned....good riddance.

I can remember my bodycasts getting smelly, Kimberly *also wrinkles nose* Eeeewwwwww!!! They used to get really hot and sweaty and itchy. Yuk yuk yuk.

BlueIce
13th May 2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by sins@May 12 2004, 06:12 PM
My mother told me that she threw out my brace, but now it appears she burned it! The remains of it still exists so she promised that she'd retrieve it and see what condition it's in :???:
ooh.. i'd like to burn mine :-) never liked that thing (hardly ever wore it too..)
suppose it's somewhere up the attic, don't really care anyway

Liv
13th May 2004, 09:39 PM
I would like to know what happened to my brace after my mom threw it away (without my approval!) in a container of the recycle park in our village... Maybe some freak found it and did pervert things with it, or an artist who made a piece of art with it! :-D

Kaja
13th May 2004, 09:41 PM
Lol, possible though! *laughs* I'm one of the lucky ones - no brace ;-)

Marti
14th May 2004, 03:26 AM
Kayla, it's really not that cool having a three story house. It's just an extra floor. There's a door before you reach the stairs though, so it's kinda a separate apartment.

jfkimberly
14th May 2004, 06:57 AM
I lived in a two-story house with a basement in Germany. The laundry was down in the basement, and my bedroom was on the upper floor, so I had to go up and down two floors to wash my clothes. And I don't have much lung capacity. We live in a two-story house now, and I have to go downstairs to do my laundry... also yucky. When I'm old and rich, I'll either have an elevator or I'll live in a one-story house.

I can remember my bodycasts getting smelly, Kimberly *also wrinkles nose* Eeeewwwwww!!! They used to get really hot and sweaty and itchy. Yuk yuk yuk. -tonibunny
I don't actually remember it, because I was 2-1/2 when my last body cast came off. But my mother really enjoyed telling me about it when I got older. *smirk*

lucinda
14th May 2004, 10:21 AM
I have said it once, I will say it again .. my post op brace is melted down into a pretty little art stand for my canvas.

*smiles sweetly*

Kayla
14th May 2004, 03:53 PM
Are you serious? That is cool!

rosie
15th May 2004, 02:34 PM
My post-op brace is upstairs - I have 3 floors too by the way :) I wanna keep my brace - even though i hate it. Maybe one day ill burn it too and have done with it forever :)

LightningRod
17th May 2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by Carly@May 13 2004, 08:21 AM
even though i still have my brace and continue to wear it, i think after i am done i will keep it. As much as I hate it, it will be neat to show my kids one day.
Hehe same here. Mine is in he basement... i pull it out occasionally to show new people... boyfriends and such things.... :D

Sarah
20th May 2004, 12:53 AM
My boston type thingy's hiding in one of the cuboards from a child and the cast kinda thing got thrown because it smelt and it wasn't water proof and went all gooey.