PDA

View Full Version : pain killers

Little~shedevil~dee
11th May 2004, 12:32 AM
the pain in my back and neck was so bad i spent all night crying on my hamster poor thing :angel: lol does any one know any pain killers which would help

sins
11th May 2004, 12:55 AM
I'd hate to try and recommend any kind of over the counter painkiller for that kind of pain Dee. I really feel that you should go to your GP and get him to prescribe a suitable medication. Sometimes you may just have to hassle him to get looked after.That kind of pain needs to be assessed by a doctor before taking anything to help with it. Make sure he knows just how bad it is and the effect it's having on you.Sorry you're going through all this.
:hug:

Little~shedevil~dee
11th May 2004, 01:03 AM
Thanks sins i will make sure i see my gp soon as i can this pain is driving me crazy my neck feels soo heavey , i just had a nice bath and thats help a bit

Marti
11th May 2004, 04:31 AM
That sounds miserable. I wish I could help, but all I can do is repeat sins's advice. No over the counter stuff works for me for anything.

Little~shedevil~dee
11th May 2004, 10:25 AM
thanks marti i will try to see my gp today it was 4am last time i saw the time last night this is not doing me any good i feel so tired

BarmyArmy
11th May 2004, 11:20 AM
Awww Denise :hug: I hope you feel better soon.

jfkimberly
11th May 2004, 11:54 AM
Me too... I really hope you feel better soon.

mark
11th May 2004, 12:45 PM
Good luck with the Docs for this afternoon Denise fingers crossed for you

Mark

BlueIce
11th May 2004, 06:01 PM
mu doc prescribed dicloflenac first, but my stomach reacted to that, so i got mesulid. I don't know if you can get them without prescription, but in my case they work pretty good.
But everyone is different, the best for you is to go to a docter and let him/her tell you what's best.

Kayla
11th May 2004, 09:55 PM
Codeine and Vicadon always help a little bit after my surgerys but I doubt they would prescribe it is so addicting

Little~shedevil~dee
12th May 2004, 01:57 PM
thanks guys i couldnt see my gp but i tryed a heat pad last night and had the best sleep i had in ages my neck feels so good today

Carly
12th May 2004, 03:23 PM
good to hear denise.... i hope the pain stays away

Kayla
12th May 2004, 09:54 PM
Yeah we all know how it is to have pain come its an ass! I hope it stays away!

Little~shedevil~dee
13th May 2004, 12:55 AM
thanks i hope it stays away i better see my gp if hes not busy as the pads cost me 3.99 u only get 3 pads in a pack i cant keep paying that

Kayla
13th May 2004, 01:33 AM
you could get a heating pad that you put in the microwave...you dont have to keep throwing it away and buying new ones. So befoer you go to bed stick it in the microwave and put it on and maybe that would be better?

Little~shedevil~dee
13th May 2004, 02:24 AM
wheres the best place to buy one how much do they cost

Kayla
13th May 2004, 02:26 AM
hmmm you have different stores than the USA so i wouldnt know where the best place to find one is maybe check a health store or something..I dont htink they are that expensive

nutmeg
13th May 2004, 03:19 AM
You can get them from

http://www.lavender-wheat-bags.co.uk/index.html

They might have something similar in Boots

Meg

Carly
13th May 2004, 06:19 AM
a magic bag is really good, i have it!

Carly
13th May 2004, 06:20 AM
i think you can make your own magic bag but putting rice in a fabric thing. But i would double check on that

BarmyArmy
13th May 2004, 01:03 PM
I'm not sure we're you'll find the microwaves pads Denise as some of them were taken off the market due to faults (Boots used to sell them) but you could ask in your local chemist. Or you could try a wheat bag (Carly's magic bag) they only cost about 5-8 depending on the size of bag. Because it's a fabric bag full of grain it's a bit safer than the other types. You only have to have it in the microwave for 2 mins. Mine was actually a present from my Mum but I think she bought it from her chemist. Rather bizarrely I've seen them in Book World(remainder book shop) beside their mind, body and spirt books.

Or you could buy the hand warmers that you get in places like Millets or Blacks. Thery are tiny but you could use them if you didn't have anything else. They are a small square shape with a gel in a plastic coating. It has a small metal disc in it and when you crack the disc the liquid turns to a solid and heats up. When you are finished with it you reuse them (you don't throw them away) all you do is heat them up in a pan for about 15mins then let them cool down. They will return to the liquid state and are ready to be used again. I actually use these for keeping my hands warm at hockey matches during the winter but you never know they may help. Mine were 5 for a pack of two.

titch
13th May 2004, 01:29 PM
I recently got a cheapy one in Bodycare (you know the discount chemisty type place?) for 2.99 - it's a fleece one, so it's really comfy. I've been taking it to work, although it must be noted that people give you very funny looks when you go walking through the library with a cup of tea in one hand, and a lavender smelling bag of purple fleece fabric in the other :oops:

I've got a nice cord one from Tisserand as well (also purple :D) that has 3 compartments, so the wheat doesn't all go to the ends, and that is really good, but they're about 12 full price (I think I got mine in a sale).

Little~shedevil~dee
13th May 2004, 03:52 PM
i have seen a lavender bag for 4.99 i might try it have to watch my mum tho she loves lavender lol

Little~shedevil~dee
19th May 2004, 08:01 PM
at last my gp wasnt busy :hammer: :niceone: :evil: hes gave me some pain killers which i start today called co proxamo has any one here been on them ,also my mum brought me a heat lavender bag yay :-D :party:

tonibunny
19th May 2004, 08:37 PM
Coproxamol are good painkillers Dee :) I've had them before, and I guess a lot of the others have too. Good luck, I hope they work for you!

Little~shedevil~dee
19th May 2004, 08:52 PM
Thanks toni i hope they work if the dont maybe some one can do this to me :twak: might make me go to sleep lol

titch
19th May 2004, 11:39 PM
Coproxamol were good when I took them, so hopefully you'll start feeling a bit better after a few days - between less pain and more sleep, it should help no end :-)

Little~shedevil~dee
19th May 2004, 11:41 PM
thanks titch also i got my heat bag my mum got that should work to fingers crossed lol

Little~shedevil~dee
20th May 2004, 12:39 AM
i was looking at the old pain killers given to me before didnt work i was looking at the new tablets given today there the same as i was on before but diffent box grrrrrrr i hate gps

Sarah
20th May 2004, 12:42 AM
My aunt has problems with her back (not scoli related) and I'm sure she says she has a really hot bath before she goes work to take the edge off. Don't know how true it is though

Little~shedevil~dee
20th May 2004, 12:46 AM
thanks for that sarah i tryed hot baths they never realy work (

BarmyArmy
20th May 2004, 11:31 AM
I bought myself some aromatherpy (sp) oils to put in my bath to help my relax and clam down. They won't get rid of the pain but it'll stop me stressing out and feeling worse. The only problem is that a bought a peppermint & an ornage one but I'll have to have some chocolate in the house because the mint oil makes me in the mood for mint Poppets and the orange ones is exactly like Terry's chocolate orange. :spin:

Little~shedevil~dee
20th May 2004, 12:29 PM
no chocolate for me i am on a diet lol
i tryed my heat bag last night i had one great sleep only problem i didnt want to get up this morning lol

mark
25th May 2004, 06:34 PM
Are the pain killers working Dee

Little~shedevil~dee
26th May 2004, 02:18 PM
nope there not :( but my heat bag works great even tho it smells of peanut butter now for some weird reason. but i havent even been near any lol

mark
26th May 2004, 04:11 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh peanut butter

Little~shedevil~dee
26th May 2004, 04:33 PM
i love peanut butter but it goes to straight to my hips lol
i hope i dont try to eat the pilow in my sleep lol

Kaja
26th May 2004, 05:07 PM
Aaaaahhhhhhh, yummy!

mark
26th May 2004, 06:15 PM
Feathers are no good for you hard to digest

Little~shedevil~dee
26th May 2004, 09:12 PM
it dont have feathers the bag has grain in lol

Jonny
27th May 2004, 12:12 AM
lots of carbohydrate

mark
27th May 2004, 12:48 PM
does that mean if you put in the washer it cooks it Dee like boil in the bag

M.Magudulela
27th May 2004, 01:26 PM
Hey wait, I also have a heat bag which I only use to warm my feet I never thaught it can be used to releave pain. I'll try it tonight.

Little~shedevil~dee
27th May 2004, 04:41 PM
its great to get rid of pain .mines in my neck so i put it on the back of my neck i get get sleep with it

mark i dont think so lol

BarmyArmy
27th May 2004, 08:52 PM
Mark the heat bags that I own are made with lovely tartan material filled with lavander and grains. You chuck them in the microwave for a couple of minutes and they help to relieve loads of different types of aches and pains. You can't wash them unfortunately ( i know you were only joking though :D ) one of my bags has been used so many times that it's full of bullys aka bobbles.

They are absolutely fantastic :D

Little~shedevil~dee
28th May 2004, 11:23 AM
iagree with you i love my bag