PDA

View Full Version : physiotherpy appoinment

Little~shedevil~dee
6th May 2004, 06:55 PM
i have got a appointment to go to the physiotherapy department on 24 th of may yay i cant wait :rox: :evil: :cheers:

Thaleias spirit
6th May 2004, 08:46 PM
Denise that is great!!!!! I hope it really helps you...I've had four sessions of physio now and I always feel great after it (then start to seize up again...)

And its official - my legs are the longest part of me!!! The physiotherapist measured them the last day...
Im 134cm in height and my legs are 71cms!!!!!!

Let me know how you get on...

Chele

BarmyArmy
6th May 2004, 10:59 PM
That's brilliant news Denise :spin:

Lieve
7th May 2004, 12:25 AM
The lumbar part of my spine was like a fusion for years. I'm very happy to meet a great physiotherapist last year. After a few sessions I just could feel movement again. 8) Since then I go regularly to the physio. It's not a long term solution but I feel great after it too and sometimes it lasts for a few days sometimes it wont. :woe:

I guess I asked to much of my back during the races last sunday :oops:
so my back hurted this week soo much I called my physiotherapist for an extra appointment tomorrow evening. I'm soo happy I can go.

I hope the physio helps you too Denise. :-D

Little~shedevil~dee
7th May 2004, 02:01 AM
thanks guys i will let you know how it goes
can i ask some thing did it help you sleep as right now i have problems getting to sleep because of the pain in my neck and back most nights i dont sleep

Pikey
7th May 2004, 09:36 AM
I'm off to mine this afternoon , trouble is I had to take a wheel of my camper yesterday and my necks aching today so he may think I haven't been doing my exercises . They can really get the knots out of your muscles and manipulate your spine and make you feel great but it's up to you afterwards to keep up the exercises they give you .Good luck with it , take care Pikey

Jonny
7th May 2004, 12:09 PM
wheel changing can be very dangerous for your neck - I changed one two months ago and it was still hurting a month later. Blame my mum - she didn't even know we'd had a puncture until I told her, after she smacked into a kerb (curb, Americana) on a major London road. She stood there while I had to change the wheel...

titch
7th May 2004, 01:09 PM
And yet most people don't believe me when I tell them there is simply no way that I will ever be able to change a wheel myself - mind you, I wouldn't even be able to get it out of the well in the boot (trunk)!

Might be worth calling the AA or whatever next time Jonny - don't need that sort of trouble with your neck. And as for you Tim, :twak: :glee: take it easy! Hope the physio helps relieve it though.

And Denise, fingers crossed for it to help :-) Really hope it helps get you enough relief to sleep :hug:

mark
7th May 2004, 02:45 PM
I struggle changing a light bulb

So a wheels out of the question (if i get a puncture i just ring my mate from work he's good with car stuff)

This is really embarrasing but my first ever puncture was sorted by my girlfried at the time she changed the wheel (she was a strong girl if i remember rightly)

Hope the physio goes well Denise keep us posted

Carly
7th May 2004, 02:55 PM
good luck denise! i am sure physio will go really well. it helped my back pain so much! :D

Little~shedevil~dee
7th May 2004, 04:01 PM
thanks guys and tim like titch said take it easy

Little~shedevil~dee
23rd May 2004, 08:09 PM
Yay its tomorrow i cant wait . can some one tell me whats best to wear in the letter it says shorts i hate shorts lol

Blair
23rd May 2004, 11:17 PM
Got any loose/comfy sweats???? I wore cotton yoga pants..

sins
24th May 2004, 12:01 AM
Best of luck tomorrow denise.I hope the physio helps.Don't worry about what to wear as long as it's loose fitting .......lycra is good. I'm sure they recommend shorts if the physio is working on your legs, but as it's your spine I can't see that it makes any difference.
Sins

Little~shedevil~dee
24th May 2004, 06:18 PM
i have just got back i have been given an exercise to do . i have to lie on my back with my legs bent feet together pull my stomach up and in by hollowing lower lateral abdominal wall to flatten back gently onto the floor.assist this contracction by pulling up and in with pelvic floor .muscles .i have to do this 10 times i have to go back thursday

Blair
25th May 2004, 02:18 AM
Doesnt sound too bad. I do that one frequently since it helps strengthen my back and stomach, and improves the strength of my seat for when I ride my horses. My lower back cracks when I do it and it feels MUCH better

mark
25th May 2004, 12:47 PM
Good luck for thursday Dee glad it all went well the other day

Little~shedevil~dee
5th June 2004, 05:59 PM
i have been to my 3rd one now i dont feel much diffent but i guess it will take time i have a great ladie helping me she's been teaching me how to sit down right and how to get up and how to bend over with out hurting myself etc . i asked about my rib hump she told me she can help me take the pain away from there but she cant help with making it look bettter i just wish there was a away to make it look normal