PDA

View Full Version : How about a SSO chatroom!?

Collette
9th January 2011, 07:14 PM
The title says it all really!
I don't know how difficult it would be to set one up!?
Just a thought for our mods to mull over! :D

titch
9th January 2011, 07:32 PM
I'm honestly not sure how difficult it would be. I'm not sure either where we'd stand if we couldn't tie it down so that only over 18s could use it - which is where the main difficulty is likely to lie (no way I'm taking responsibility for kids being able to chat to goodness knows who!).

I'll give it some thought and keep my eyes open for any add-ons for vBulletin which might give the sort of control we need.

alan003
12th January 2011, 11:57 PM
intresting but like you say proberly best for the adults onlys

if kids were alowed it would be a nightmare to run and would need the mods taking shifts online watching the room 24/7

but im shaw there proberly a vb chat ad on that would do and could be pasworded

markalawton
1st March 2011, 09:35 PM
this would be great, is it likely to happen?:p

mark
4th March 2011, 10:17 AM
In two words, probably not, it would too much of thing for us mods to police

ivanleg
4th March 2011, 04:09 PM
I think facebook chat and msn etc perform that function. Lots of people here seem to share details and chat outside SSo.
Personally I stopped doing online chat years ago. It's a bit like crack - very addictive and before you know it, it's 4am and you've wasted most of the night talking gibberish.

bara
5th March 2011, 01:28 AM
... and you can always tweet!
:)
B

titch
5th March 2011, 11:28 AM
You were at a bit of a geographical disadvantage Ivan, we'd all start talking to you in our morning which was your night, so we were fine and you were wiped out by the end :lol:

louise_23
6th March 2011, 11:19 PM
... and you can always tweet!
:)
B

Haha - I'm on Twitter if anyone wants to 'follow me' @loobie23 Lol:D

hushtalk-new
10th March 2011, 01:35 PM
I'm honestly not sure how difficult it would be. I'm not sure either where we'd stand if we couldn't tie it down so that only over 18s could use it - which is where the main difficulty is likely to lie (no way I'm taking responsibility for kids being able to chat to goodness knows who!).

I'll give it some thought and keep my eyes open for any add-ons for vBulletin which might give the sort of control we need.

hi all im new here ,.. and waiting for acceptance for my registration by admin

just want to offer my help first of all as scoliosis patient myself , also have a few concerns myself

also offering help on this topic as i am a webdeveloper when i feel like lol